Mr Madejski

BBC Radio Berkshire

Mr Madejski

by BBC Radio Berkshire » 07 Feb 2008 12:14

Tim Dellor will be recording an interview with the Chairman on Friday morning, to play out between 6pm and 7pm Friday night on Sportsweek.

So you have a day to get your questions in...

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Mr Madejski

by soggy biscuit » 07 Feb 2008 12:25

Dear Johnny Mad,

Which mispronounciation of your name do you enjoy the most:

Ma-je-ski
My-yet-ski
Wiggy
Ma-jays-ki

regards,
Malcolm Powder

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 07 Feb 2008 12:40

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 07 Feb 2008 12:41

John,

Do you think the investment in the stadium expansion is a gamble and are you starting to regret moving so quickly.... as remarkably, an anagram of your (full) name is MAJOR BET, JOHN'S IRKED.

When you eventually find a buyer for the club, would you inlcude a clause in the contract to ensure that the stadium name remains the same?

Considering that you have a spare couple of quid following our minimal spending in the transfer window, would you help me raise money for the NSPCC? http://www.justgiving.com/boardfreegoodwood

Did you know that you share the same birthday as Sadam Hussein? If you live as long as him, you will die on December the 30th, 2010.

Red or Blue Bounties?

Cheers then
Cheery OLeary

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Feb 2008 12:58

John

How frustrating has this season been for you?

Will work commence on increasing stadium capacity irrespective of which division we are in next season or only if we retain Premiership status?

Has there been any interest shown by anyone in buying the club?

How safe is Steve Coppell as manager, if we were relegated and didn't have a great start next season would you consider his position or is Steve basically in place for as long as he wants the job?

Are you able to give any thoughts on Season Ticket pricing for next season as yet?

Could you lend me a tenner until the end of next week?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Feb 2008 13:39

JM - Are there plans for a Reading FC related store/ticket outlet in the Station Hill redevelopment project?
Regards
Station Hill tramp with a stupid tash
Ps - Can you spare me 40p for the trainfare to work?

JM - The dream was to reach the Premiership.... do you have a new dream or have you woken up?
Reagards
Al Coholic, The Back of Beyond

JM - In your experiences would you say Chairman in the Premiership were of a higher calibre than the lower leagues?
Regards
Dave Whelan, Wigan.

JM - Are you planning to participate in the marathon this year?
Regards
Paula Radclife

JM - I'm a big fan of Dragons Den and The Apprentice, Would you yourself consider becoming a Dragon on Dragons Den? If so, I might see you as I have an idea for making chocolate fire guards.
Regards
Proffessor Pat Pending.

JM - A few seasons ago the transfer kitty ran away to Whitley Wood, Did it end up at Ashmead school by any chance?
Regards
The Joker, Gotham City

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Feb 2008 15:51

JM - When you purchased a statue of a ballerina for around £5m you stated that unlike footballers you expect the statue to go up in value. Considering the offers Sunderland have reportedly made for Stephen Hunt do you regret not signing 1,000 more footballers on free transfers instead?

East End Lady

by East End Lady » 07 Feb 2008 17:42

Why was Reading FC not one of the three clubs who replied to a letter from the Football Supporters Federation sent to all Premiership Clubs last year concerning the ludicrous proposal to play an extra premiership match abroad each season. Could JM let us know why Reading Football club think this is such a good idea. What if those were the three points that make a difference to us staying in the premiership or not and we had to play Arsenal in Dubai. If Reading is such a fan friendly, family club perhaps for once it could support the match going supporter first and tell the Premier League that this is a non starter.

shotgun willy

by shotgun willy » 07 Feb 2008 18:59

Mr Madjeski.

1, The voices I listen to in the stands and while drinking in the concourses are only talking about one subject, if money is available to sign premiership quality for example 5M for Cayhill that Bolton paid, why havn't we done so. Everyone has the same opinion the problem our ridiculious wage structure that will automatically turn away any real experienced quality that we need.

2, Steve copple say's he knows how the supporters feel, I think not - it's not just upsetting, playing as we did really rips out your guts if your life long supporter, and basically ruins next few days. Even if we were to beat Everton this weekend, that feeling of losing the last home game will still be there against Aston villa, Please remember one thing, supporters are the only constant at a football club, manager, chairman, players all leave we do not have that option!

3, Why have we started to be treated as customers at the ground.... we are supporters and their is a big difference. kicked out 10 minutes after the game finishes and into a stationary carpark! to waiting around for 40 minutes! At least London Irish know how to treat supporters, concourse stays open and you are felt welcome.

Cheers Shotgun.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 08 Feb 2008 04:24

Mr Mad

Sydney or Tokyo?

Yours

U N Amused

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 08 Feb 2008 09:22

Simple 'yes' or 'no' - were funds available to Coppell to buy, and meet the salary demands of any established Premiership players, in January.

PS - Thanks for all you've done, even if you never lift a finger again for the club, you will have done more than anyone in its history and we will never forget.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 08 Feb 2008 10:54

Dear Mr Madejski,

I didn't mind the huge hike in my season ticket price when we joined the premier league because I understood that the increased revenue from tickets would strengthen the team and allow us to continue to compete.

I didn't mind the price freeze,despite the extra £millions of Sky money, when some other clubs dropped prices, for the same reason.

Given that we are essentially still playing the Championship team what has the additional ticket revenue been used for? Can I expect to be paying less to follow the Royals (in the Premiership) next season?

Thanks,

Doug Witherspoon

EDIT - Oh Poo! typo.

Cheers Soggy.
Last edited by TFF on 08 Feb 2008 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 08 Feb 2008 13:55

JM,

How do you feel about people who proclaim to be uber fans, talk up their love for the club, rant about what they see as your wrong doings yet haven't even bothered to learn how to spell the name of the stadium?

regards
Sog-B

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Feb 2008 14:46

recorded this mornign i think SB

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Feb 2008 18:12

A few questions and the answers from Mr Mad's interview.

What about the news that Premier League teams could be playing games overseas?"This is a proposal that's not going to be implemented until the year 2011 at the earliest, and whether it ever becomes a policy remains to be seen.

"Quite frankly we have to appreciate that the British Premiership is a global brand, and being a global brand - and having more foreign players in the English Premiership than English players - it's good to air that brand globally."

Will work commence on increasing the stadium capacity irrespective of which division we're in next season or only if we retain premiership status?
"It's straightforward - if people realise the cost of building the extra capacity at Reading stadium is £35 million, I think that speaks for itself that we wouldn't be engaging upon that if we didn't have the opportunity of filling it.

"It's an incredible amount of money and we've got to be assured that if we do go ahead with it that we're not only going to fill it, but that we're going to make a return sometime on it."

What are your thoughts on Reading's position in the Premiership?"I'm looking forward to staying the Premiership and hoping that our fortunes change over the next few games. But we've got 13 more cup finals to win and we're out there doing our best to maintain Premiership status."

Do you get annoyed about the mispronunciation of your surname?
"I don't think anyone likes their name being mispronounced and I know my name's a difficult one. I find it strange - the number of people who call me Mad-jes-ki - there's just legions, especially in Reading!"

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Feb 2008 18:14

Last edited by Royal Lady on 08 Feb 2008 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 08 Feb 2008 18:19

I had wished Mr. Mad would say something along the lines of "this overseas idea is bollocks"... perhaps he is under contract not to bad-mouth the Premier League.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Feb 2008 18:21

cheeryoleary I had wished Mr. Mad would say something along the lines of "this overseas idea is bollocks"... perhaps he is under contract not to bad-mouth the Premier League.

They work under collective responsibility. A vote passed by them has to be accepted and agreed by all - even those who voted against it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Feb 2008 18:25

Well, personally, I think that's wrong. I can just accept having to abide by the majority vote, but if Chairmen aren't allowed to state how they voted, then it's like a flipping dictatorship

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 08 Feb 2008 18:28

Note the wording of the question What about the news that Premier League teams could be playing games overseas?. This gives Mr. Mad the chance to 'manage' his response.

Perhaps a better question (for us) should have been Do you think this is a good idea?