Graeme Murty on Monday mornings

BBC Radio Berkshire

Re: Graeme Murty on Monday mornings

by BBC Radio Berkshire » 22 Jul 2008 10:46

Yes, Murts will be back in virtually every Monday morning during the new season. Watch this space.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 22 Jul 2008 13:06

BBC Radio Berkshire Yes, Murts will be back in virtually every Monday morning during the new season. Watch this space.

But will we get someone decent to 'interview' him?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Jul 2008 14:13

Give Murts his own show......

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 22 Jul 2008 17:43

Try listening to Debbie McGhee on a sunday folks!!!!!! Trust me you will turn it off after about ten minutes.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Aug 2008 08:48

Having listened to some of this on the way in this morning and I have to question whether it's worth it if he's going to so defensive and sychophantic.

When asked if we needed new blood Murty said no. When then asked who was going to play left back he said Hunt.

He almost refused to answer the question "are all the players up for getting us back up" because he didn't want to warrant it with an answer. I'm sure he said the same kind of thing last season and then he and Marcus alluded to some not being totally up for it after the relegation.

I used to look forward to Murty's insights on the radio, but if he's going to be so clinched and guarded there really is little point.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 12 Aug 2008 22:00

Listen to something else.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 13 Aug 2008 07:35

As a player and esp. captain, "Grey & Murky" (seems an appropriate epithet given the summer weather) is not exactly in a position to say anything too revealing or "controversial" whatever he may actually believe.

You either have to have "call it as you see it" comment from independant commentataors and therefore lose the team insight or keep the team insight and have the standard club PR....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Aug 2008 09:58

Don't forget that there's a third option - which is if the independent commentators say too much or are at all critical they lose access to players etc.

BBCRB especially are in a really difficult situation, as they're in competition with a commercial radio station which happens to be owned by the Chairman - and we all know just much he is committed to public service broadcasting when the alternative is increasing the value of one of his own businesses.

Did you notice over last season how the quality of guests being made available to BBCRB seemed to decrease over the year, whilst R107 seemed to have no such problems? I certainly did.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 13 Aug 2008 10:06

Considering all that then, Dirk, it is amazing that 'Peachy' is able to ask Murty some probing questions like why it's all gone wrong and reduce him to tears on occasions, as he does.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Aug 2008 10:44

Not really, Sarah. As far as the club is concerned, "How are you feeling?" is something quite different to "Ok, so what's really going on in the dressing room?"

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 13 Aug 2008 10:49

Dirk Gently Not really, Sarah. As far as the club is concerned, "How are you feeling?" is something quite different to "Ok, so what's really going on in the dressing room?"

He does ask questions like that, but Murty doesn't really answer them - or at least not with a real answer. You have to sort of read between the lines.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 17 Aug 2008 16:51

Sarah Star
Dirk Gently Not really, Sarah. As far as the club is concerned, "How are you feeling?" is something quite different to "Ok, so what's really going on in the dressing room?"

He does ask questions like that, but Murty doesn't really answer them - or at least not with a real answer. You have to sort of read between the lines.

Thats because Graeme Murty isn't going to come out and talk about "behind the scenes" stuff on the radio about the club.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 20 Aug 2008 20:34

rg6royal
Sarah Star

Thats because Graeme Murty isn't going to come out and talk about "behind the scenes" stuff on the radio about the club.

Should've had Kitson!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Sep 2008 09:39

Having given this another chance this morning I'd just like to give a bit of credit where it's due.

Murty was asked about the Doyle transfer situation and basically said that Doyle, like any of the players, will want to go and would be upset if the club didn't allow him to speak to a club putting in a decent offer for him. Even Murty himself admitted he wouldn't usually be as honest as that on the radio though!