Radio Berks Announcement Tomorrow ?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Radio Berks Announcement Tomorrow ?

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Feb 2010 17:30

It will most likely be an interview with McD.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Feb 2010 17:53

LoyalRoyalFan It will most likely be an interview with McD.

On the Andrew Peach show this morning, they said it was about Dellor and something to do with the club and that it was "brave" - I'd hardly call Dellor interviewing McD (as he does after every game anyway) "brave"!!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 04 Feb 2010 18:07

I have it on good authority that the gents toilets are to be given a new lick of paint.

thefruits

by thefruits » 04 Feb 2010 18:24

A few ideas :

ssc to return as new director of football.. hammond taking over from howe ?

dellor to become RFC director of communications

wally downes to return to club

br to return to club as reserve team coach

dean austin to become reserve team coach

any takers?

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 04 Feb 2010 18:26

This sounds a little bit like some of the classic Radio Berkshire announcements before where they hint at something big which either has no relevance to RFC at all. I think the last time they promised to announce something exciting about RFC it turned out to be the appointment of Kevin Dillon as Manager of Aldershot a fact which had already been in the national newspapers anyway.

Based on the information on this thread so far I would say it is something like Dellor is going to train with RFC for a day for Sport Relief.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 04 Feb 2010 18:49

thefruits A few ideas :

ssc to return as new director of football.. hammond taking over from howe ?

That is an absolute non starter. Why move someone out of a job they are doing well into one they have no qualifications for and replace them with someone who has no background or (on the face of it) interest in the role ? A more likely option would be Nigel Howe for reserve team coach, Nicky Hammond to resume playing as cover for McAnuff and Kingsley as DofF !!

Coppell to come back as mentor for McD might be an interesting one, although potentially just undermine the new man.

thefruits dellor to become RFC director of communications

No. Has to be someone with some RFC knowledge. Another role for Kingsley perhaps ?

thefruits wally downes to return to club

We've played Palalce at home so what would be the point ?

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 04 Feb 2010 18:58

Whats the point? All of us real supporters will be up in Donnie wont we?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Feb 2010 22:18

Madejski to have a funny turn and decide to let Mick Gooding join the management/coaching team after all.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Feb 2010 07:38

tomrfcurz Heard from rg6royal that someone he knew had heard on BBCRB this morning that they announced an important announcement to come tomorrow morning regarding RFC, anyone else hear this? I wasn't listening to the show so can't comment

Don't worry its the usual glorified PR for some non football event....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Feb 2010 09:34

Hoop Blah I heard them say Dellor was doing something 'brave' tomorrow and that all would be revealed tomorrow.

I thought it probably meant he was interviewing Rodgers about the end of his tenure...

...told you so!

Sun Tzu I'd be amazed if it was a Rodgers interview. I know someone who knows him very well and apparantly Rodgers has been incommunicado for a while and not spoken to anyone from the media.

Amazed?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 05 Feb 2010 09:57

Hoop Blah
Hoop Blah I heard them say Dellor was doing something 'brave' tomorrow and that all would be revealed tomorrow.

I thought it probably meant he was interviewing Rodgers about the end of his tenure...

...told you so!

Sun Tzu I'd be amazed if it was a Rodgers interview. I know someone who knows him very well and apparantly Rodgers has been incommunicado for a while and not spoken to anyone from the media.

Amazed?

And... what happened? Some of us cant listen to the radio during the day!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Feb 2010 11:07

20 minute Brendan Rodgers interview (already recorded) to be played between 6 and 7 on BBC Berkshire (hear it online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire if you can't get a radio signal).

tomrfcurz wrote:

"Heard from rg6royal that someone he knew had heard on BBCRB this morning that they announced an important announcement to come tomorrow morning regarding RFC, anyone else hear this? I wasn't listening to the show so can't comment"

Quite how that qualifies as an important announcement about RFC is beyond me though....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 05 Feb 2010 11:16

Barry the bird boggler 20 minute Brendan Rodgers interview (already recorded) to be played between 6 and 7 on BBC Berkshire (hear it online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire if you can't get a radio signal).

tomrfcurz wrote:

"Heard from rg6royal that someone he knew had heard on BBCRB this morning that they announced an important announcement to come tomorrow morning regarding RFC, anyone else hear this? I wasn't listening to the show so can't comment"

Quite how that qualifies as an important announcement about RFC is beyond me though....

I wonder how candid it will be. Will there be a rematch of the post Scunny interview? Could this turn into a Rocky style saga???

My initial reaction is that this will be a non event. BR is hardly likely to spill the beans as that could reduce what prospects he has of getting another job in management. Which chairman would employ him if this were to be the case? Will BR name names? The big watch is ticking! Will I bother listening considering the bullshit he spewed forth when he was manager Probably not. I will just wai for the usual suspects on here to give their angle on procedings.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Feb 2010 11:22

They played a short clip of it this morning.

Rodgers saying that there was no hard feelings towards Dellor as it was just a case of Rodgers trying to protect his players and Dellor doing his job as a journo. He also said that he was told the sacking was just down to results, and that he knew as soon as he walked into the room that he was for the chop as he could see it in the Chairmans face.

He said he still feels disappointed by it (I don't think he said bitter but he might've done), and probably always will.

I think it might be quite an interesting insight into his spell, but I'm sure it won't spill the beans completely.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Feb 2010 15:04

I suspect Tim 'Nice Boy' will have bottled the probing/dangerous questions e.g. Tommy Smith saga, transfer funding and decisions, the people O'Dea feels are dragging the club down, did he ask to be allowed to bring back Mick Gooding and, if so, what was the Hammond's response etc.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 07 Feb 2010 20:11

Hoop Blah

...told you so!

Amazed?

Indeed, although pretty uninterested too !

Won't break the habit of a lifetime and double the listenership by tuning in....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Feb 2010 21:19

oh.....I didn't realise that Reading 107 have started live coverage of the Royals once again :roll: