Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

380 posts
Kulshaw72RFC
Member
Posts: 820
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Oct 2018 10:00

Old Man Andrews wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Coppells Lost Coat wrote:When was the last time the away fans actually got to the home supporters and did anything?

Chelsea in that pre-season friendly?

One thing in common with Millwall is that they are a London club. Old Man Andrews may have a point to be fair...


It isn't during the game I am worried about it is before and after. The Millwall supporters are going to see how left wing the Club 1871 and take advantage of them, especially if Millwall end up losing. The safety of our supporters should be the number 1 priority and I don't think the club are doing enough. The South Stand club have to go now.


Millwall is not the sort of game I would want my kids to be there for, especially if they lose.

I think the problem is that if we play well and destroy them, and C1871 are in full vocal, they are so near the away fans that they would get riled up and it could lead to utter bedlam and disaster. Millwall fans are not the cleverest bunch so would assume that C1871 are goading them. After the game they could just wait outside the exit of the south stand. It would be chaos.

I fear for the safety of children and the elderly if it kicks off.

Coppells Lost Coat
Member
Posts: 311
Joined: 28 Sep 2017 15:44

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Oct 2018 10:08

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
John Smith wrote:Chelsea in that pre-season friendly?

One thing in common with Millwall is that they are a London club. Old Man Andrews may have a point to be fair...


It isn't during the game I am worried about it is before and after. The Millwall supporters are going to see how left wing the Club 1871 and take advantage of them, especially if Millwall end up losing. The safety of our supporters should be the number 1 priority and I don't think the club are doing enough. The South Stand club have to go now.


Millwall is not the sort of game I would want my kids to be there for, especially if they lose.

I think the problem is that if we play well and destroy them, and C1871 are in full vocal, they are so near the away fans that they would get riled up and it could lead to utter bedlam and disaster. Millwall fans are not the cleverest bunch so would assume that C1871 are goading them. After the game they could just wait outside the exit of the south stand. It would be chaos.

I fear for the safety of children and the elderly if it kicks off.


Ok i get where you guys are coming from. However if you goad opposition fans you must be willing to confront the consequences and not be the hard man behind 2 sets of railings. Never really encountered any violence at the madejsk.
I'm not convinced there will be any trouble unless both sets of fans are looking for it before or after the game. Doubt the Millwall firm will waste their time or risk bans to bop a few 17yr old middle class Reading Ultras.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3945
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 10:00

So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".

jar95
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Mar 2013 14:55

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by jar95 » 03 Oct 2018 10:17

Old Man Andrews wrote:So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".


You are literally the saddest, most obsessed old man I know. Club1871 are there for the season, like it or not. GET OVER IT.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3945
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 10:19

jar95 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".


You are literally the saddest, most obsessed old man I know. Club1871 are there for the season, like it or not. GET OVER IT.


Are you denying my point? I am reporting the facts, deal with it.


User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2830
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by John Smith » 03 Oct 2018 14:45

Old Man Andrews wrote:So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".

I have to say last night was their most disappointing performance to date: pitiful turnout, pitiful volume, one lad turfed out after an hour.

Pathetic.

Kulshaw72RFC
Member
Posts: 820
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 15:46

John Smith wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".

I have to say last night was their most disappointing performance to date: pitiful turnout, pitiful volume, one lad turfed out after an hour.

Pathetic.


Why did they get turfed out? I assume that the person was an 18 year old who could not handle their alcohol, who was trying to give it the large one? If so, I do not want C1871 to continue if that is the sort of fan it would attract, taking us back to the dark days of the hooligans. That is not who we are a club, a bunch of drunken louts. Even more so that C1871 is now in the spotlight and Especially not against Millwall, where it could jeopardise the safety of our fans.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3945
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 15:47

Their whole policy of "just backing the team and ignoring the away supporters" worked well then?

Royality creeps In
Member
Posts: 562
Joined: 18 May 2014 19:35

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Royality creeps In » 03 Oct 2018 16:44

Do not feed the trolls PLEASE!


sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11695
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: como no te voy a querer si fuiste de campeon de europa una y otra vez

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by sandman » 03 Oct 2018 19:09

jar95 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".


You are literally the saddest, most obsessed old man I know. Club1871 are there for the season, like it or not. GET OVER IT.


Indeed. Little harm them carrying on until the end of the season and then asking the question whether it's worth keeping.

However, if it carries on the way it is then the answer to that question is a no.

Kulshaw72RFC
Member
Posts: 820
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 19:50

Royality creeps In wrote:Do not feed the trolls PLEASE!


You are right, I sincerely apologise.

User avatar
Vision
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6023
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 20:53

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Vision » 04 Oct 2018 13:20

Amazing how upset grown men can get just because they didn't get given comp tickets by Liam Moore for an away game.

On the plus side this thread is HNA at it's very best/worst.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3945
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Oct 2018 13:26

Vision wrote:Amazing how upset grown men can get just because they didn't get given comp tickets by Liam Moore for an away game.

On the plus side this thread is HNA at it's very best/worst.


It is nothing to do with that. The Club 1871 project has failed, what is wrong with pointing that out and expressing the very real safety concerns I have about the upcoming game against Millwall? I care about the safety of our supporters.


jar95
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Mar 2013 14:55

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by jar95 » 04 Oct 2018 14:53

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Vision wrote:Amazing how upset grown men can get just because they didn't get given comp tickets by Liam Moore for an away game.

On the plus side this thread is HNA at it's very best/worst.


It is nothing to do with that. The Club 1871 project has failed, what is wrong with pointing that out and expressing the very real safety concerns I have about the upcoming game against Millwall? I care about the safety of our supporters.


There is nothing wrong with pointing out your opinion. The way you go about is, and how often you go on about is what I have a problem with. There are a group of fans trying to increase the atmosphere, and you seem to have a problem with them. If Millwall want to cause trouble, Club 1871 aren't going to be the reason.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4043
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2018 08:29

sandman wrote:
jar95 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".


You are literally the saddest, most obsessed old man I know. Club1871 are there for the season, like it or not. GET OVER IT.


Indeed. Little harm them carrying on until the end of the season and then asking the question whether it's worth keeping.

However, if it carries on the way it is then the answer to that question is a no.

Sandy, this thread has absolutely no place for reasoned and sensible evaluations of C1871.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3945
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2018 08:31

Snowflake Royal wrote:
sandman wrote:
jar95 wrote:
You are literally the saddest, most obsessed old man I know. Club1871 are there for the season, like it or not. GET OVER IT.


Indeed. Little harm them carrying on until the end of the season and then asking the question whether it's worth keeping.

However, if it carries on the way it is then the answer to that question is a no.

Sandy, this thread has absolutely no place for reasoned and sensible evaluations of C1871.


Hark at John Travolta over there.

Kulshaw72RFC
Member
Posts: 820
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 11 Oct 2018 15:50

Are any of the organisers of C1871 on here? It would be good if they can come on and give their views on it aswell, if they feel like it is a success or they did it to try and obtain free travel/tickets and as a vanity project and it has failed, as the vast majority thin

User avatar
LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11915
Joined: 10 Aug 2007 09:59
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by LWJ » 12 Oct 2018 15:46

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:Are any of the organisers of C1871 on here? It would be good if they can come on and give their views on it aswell, if they feel like it is a success or they did it to try and obtain free travel/tickets and as a vanity project and it has failed, as the vast majority thin

handbags_harris wrote:

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4043
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Oct 2018 12:48

Much like with the club's ownership and management, I doubt the organisers are interested in posting the same thing on HNA every week to try to appease critics who have no interest in anything other than criticising.

Maybe try reading page one and the OP if you want to know what it's about.

Kulshaw72RFC
Member
Posts: 820
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 13 Oct 2018 13:17

Snowflake Royal wrote:Much like with the club's ownership and management, I doubt the organisers are interested in posting the same thing on HNA every week to try to appease critics who have no interest in anything other than criticising.

Maybe try reading page one and the OP if you want to know what it's about.


I know what it is about, I just want to see their honest opinions if they think it has been a success.

380 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hendo, UpThePrem and 19 guests

It is currently 22 Oct 2018 12:17