Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

496 posts
Kulshaw72RFC
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1560
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 13 Oct 2018 13:17

Snowflake Royal wrote:Much like with the club's ownership and management, I doubt the organisers are interested in posting the same thing on HNA every week to try to appease critics who have no interest in anything other than criticising.

Maybe try reading page one and the OP if you want to know what it's about.


I know what it is about, I just want to see their honest opinions if they think it has been a success.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4409
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Oct 2018 13:23

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:Much like with the club's ownership and management, I doubt the organisers are interested in posting the same thing on HNA every week to try to appease critics who have no interest in anything other than criticising.

Maybe try reading page one and the OP if you want to know what it's about.


I know what it is about, I just want to see their honest opinions if they think it has been a success.

Then you don't need anyone to answer whether it's a vanity project about getting freebies do you.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7397
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Sutekh » 15 Oct 2018 14:48

By the way, not heard the Bill Oddie chant for about 18 months - perhaps there's a connection between singing that regularly and getting results in the pitch. Club 1871 should give it a go, a whole 90 minutes to make up for it's absence.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4738
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Oct 2018 14:50

Sutekh wrote:By the way, not heard the Bill Oddie chant for about 18 months - perhaps there's a connection between singing that regularly and getting results in the pitch. Club 1871 should give it a go, a whole 90 minutes to make up for it's absence.

Confirmed Manchester United supporter Bill Oddie? I remember when he ruined it for all of us when he visited the Madejski and admitted to that!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11771
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by sandman » 15 Oct 2018 15:09

Sutekh wrote:By the way, not heard the Bill Oddie chant for about 18 months - perhaps there's a connection between singing that regularly and getting results in the pitch. Club 1871 should give it a go, a whole 90 minutes to make up for it's absence.


Against Millwall. It's the sort of song I think their fans will enjoy.


User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2951
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by John Smith » 15 Oct 2018 15:26

Sutekh wrote:By the way, not heard the Bill Oddie chant for about 18 months - perhaps there's a connection between singing that regularly and getting results in the pitch. Club 1871 should give it a go, a whole 90 minutes to make up for it's absence.

It was sung at Preston away. But then no surprise that you didn't hear it there because you're not a supporter and didn't travel.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11771
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by sandman » 15 Oct 2018 16:32

So so edgy.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2951
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by John Smith » 15 Oct 2018 16:35

sandman wrote:So so edgy.

Sandman, so named as his head is so far in the sand he has no clue what is going on life.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1099
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by muirinho » 15 Oct 2018 17:45

Sutekh wrote:By the way, not heard the Bill Oddie chant for about 18 months - perhaps there's a connection between singing that regularly and getting results in the pitch. Club 1871 should give it a go, a whole 90 minutes to make up for it's absence.


Briefly made an appearance at Brentford, but yes haven't heard a sustained Bill Oddie for quite some time.

He did suggest himself we needed a different song after we got relegated in 2013 - but we've been more successful with, than without. time for a revival!


sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11771
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by sandman » 16 Oct 2018 07:58

John Smith wrote:
sandman wrote:So so edgy.

Sandman, so named as his head is so far in the sand he has no clue what is going on life.


Well I know you're a dumbf[u]ck attention whore so I've at least got a clue about something.

User avatar
Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 26136
Joined: 29 Jun 2012 13:28

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Green » 16 Oct 2018 13:30

Is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 15:29

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Theroyalbox » 16 Oct 2018 13:59

We want more!

Kulshaw72RFC
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1560
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 13:41

Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.


User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4738
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Oct 2018 13:45

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.


It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.

Kulshaw72RFC
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1560
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 13:50

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.


It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.


This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 15:29

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Theroyalbox » 19 Oct 2018 14:30

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.


It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.


This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.


Christ you two are either on the wind up or a pair of pussys,

Kulshaw72RFC
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1560
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 14:39

Theroyalbox wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.


This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.


Christ you two are either on the wind up or a pair of pussys,


There is no shame in being Health & Safety conscious is there?

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4738
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Oct 2018 14:53

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.


Christ you two are either on the wind up or a pair of pussys,


There is no shame in being Health & Safety conscious is there?


I love it how caring about the safety of fellow supporters makes you a pussy.......

Kingsley Junior
Member
Posts: 275
Joined: 03 Feb 2010 15:02

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kingsley Junior » 19 Oct 2018 18:10

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.


It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.


This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.


So you're both worried about the safety of Reading fans because of proximity to some historically lairy fans/concerned about lack of police resource, and yet also lamenting the loss of revenue from not inviting double the number of these allegedly troublesome fans to fill the South Stand?

:roll:

Kulshaw72RFC
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1560
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 18:33

Kingsley Junior wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.


This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.


So you're both worried about the safety of Reading fans because of proximity to some historically lairy fans/concerned about lack of police resource, and yet also lamenting the loss of revenue from not inviting double the number of these allegedly troublesome fans to fill the South Stand?

:roll:


My main concern is that because the Millwall supporters are a few baguettes short of a picnic and are not the sharpest tools in the tool box, they might think that C1871 are goading them if we go a few goals up. My fear is that C1871 are trying to raise atmousphere but get too rowdy. I am sure that others have thought about it too?

I'm just shocked that the club haven't put a stop to them for this one game or C1871 have not back down. It is almost as if the real people who are running our club are a select few in the South Stand or on Twitter and they are running roughshod and egos have become more important then safety. I am sure OMA agrees with me and others too. I think the Millwall fans would be fine if they had the whole stand tbh.

496 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

It is currently 21 Nov 2018 18:18