Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

486 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Member
Posts: 801
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:59

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Oct 2018 13:11

Elm Park Kid wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
genome wrote:Some basic rushed numbers that are probably completely wrong because it's Monday morning, but whatever

2,175 (half the south stand capacity) x £20 we charge for away tickets = £43,500 per game x 23 home games = £1,000,500 lost over the course of the season IF every away team sell out the South Stand. Not every team will, so it'll probably be around half that number (if that), minus £9085 for around 300 Club 1871 season tickets (or however many there were).

So I think it'll lose the club about £400,000 to £500,000, but it's hard to say.


That is incredible.

Not to mention the programmes, food and beer every match aswell. The likes of Millwall and Leeds would easily spend £20 per head on just beer and pies alone.


From memory I don't recall that many teams filling the entire South Stand - maybe more like 6 o 7? The below article suggests that only 6 clubs have an average attendance more than 2,000.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/420975/every-championship-club-average-away-support/

Then you've got to remove VAT from the ticket sale price to get the clubs actual share of the revenue.

It's probably closer to £250k a year the club is losing by not making the whole stand available. Roughly 0.75-1% of our income.


i.e Aluko's wages for 2 weeks.

It's not an inconsequential amount but it isn't make or break and if successful could attract additional home fans. Not to mention the effect a full away stand has on results on the pitch - if any impact whatsoever, the difference could be millions.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20013
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by genome » 22 Oct 2018 13:22

Jagermesiter1871 wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:
That is incredible.

Not to mention the programmes, food and beer every match aswell. The likes of Millwall and Leeds would easily spend £20 per head on just beer and pies alone.


From memory I don't recall that many teams filling the entire South Stand - maybe more like 6 o 7? The below article suggests that only 6 clubs have an average attendance more than 2,000.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/420975/every-championship-club-average-away-support/

Then you've got to remove VAT from the ticket sale price to get the clubs actual share of the revenue.

It's probably closer to £250k a year the club is losing by not making the whole stand available. Roughly 0.75-1% of our income.


i.e Aluko's wages for 2 weeks.

It's not an inconsequential amount but it isn't make or break and if successful could attract additional home fans. Not to mention the effect a full away stand has on results on the pitch - if any impact whatsoever, the difference could be millions.


I would agree with that last part, but I think it’s been negated by the fact Reading have lost most of their games since Club 1871 took over that half of the South Stand.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4544
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 14:52

genome wrote:
Jagermesiter1871 wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:
From memory I don't recall that many teams filling the entire South Stand - maybe more like 6 o 7? The below article suggests that only 6 clubs have an average attendance more than 2,000.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/420975/every-championship-club-average-away-support/

Then you've got to remove VAT from the ticket sale price to get the clubs actual share of the revenue.

It's probably closer to £250k a year the club is losing by not making the whole stand available. Roughly 0.75-1% of our income.


i.e Aluko's wages for 2 weeks.

It's not an inconsequential amount but it isn't make or break and if successful could attract additional home fans. Not to mention the effect a full away stand has on results on the pitch - if any impact whatsoever, the difference could be millions.


I would agree with that last part, but I think it’s been negated by the fact Reading have lost most of their games since Club 1871 took over that half of the South Stand.


What is your definitive position on Club 1871 Genome?

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20013
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by genome » 22 Oct 2018 15:12

Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:
Jagermesiter1871 wrote:
i.e Aluko's wages for 2 weeks.

It's not an inconsequential amount but it isn't make or break and if successful could attract additional home fans. Not to mention the effect a full away stand has on results on the pitch - if any impact whatsoever, the difference could be millions.


I would agree with that last part, but I think it’s been negated by the fact Reading have lost most of their games since Club 1871 took over that half of the South Stand.


What is your definitive position on Club 1871 Genome?


I'd be all for it, but it's falling flat at the moment.

Hard to tell if it's just because of performances, or whether it needs another 2/300 people to really get going. Most likely both IMO. I still think it is potentially a good idea, but it just might be that Reading have a sizeable fairweather crew who will only bulk up the numbers and make it effective if the club are doing well.

Kulshaw72RFC
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1429
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Oct 2018 15:27

I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!


User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4544
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 15:30

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!


Pretty sure Ian has something to do with the organisation of it. He is way too passionate about it and far too defensive not to be.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2918
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by John Smith » 22 Oct 2018 16:10

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!

I think the problem is that they don't know. They kicked up a fuss about the lack of atmosphere and had no real plan about how to go about changing it. Now they find themselves floundering on social media asking other people for ideas on what they can do. It's all rather aimless, pointless and senseless.

User avatar
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 33794
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 10:02
Location: From the Andes to the indies in my undies

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Silver Fox » 22 Oct 2018 16:25

How do you lot manage to be even stupider on this subject as the week's go on?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1020
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 15:29

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Theroyalbox » 22 Oct 2018 16:26

Silver Fox wrote:How do you lot manage to be even stupider on this subject as the week's go on?


I don't think it is stupid at all to suggest that this isn't working at all, do you?


User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4544
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 16:54

Silver Fox wrote:How do you lot manage to be even stupider on this subject as the week's go on?

Why is it stupid to question something clearly not working and financially damaging the club?

Jagermesiter1871
Member
Posts: 801
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:59

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Oct 2018 16:57

genome wrote:
Jagermesiter1871 wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:
From memory I don't recall that many teams filling the entire South Stand - maybe more like 6 o 7? The below article suggests that only 6 clubs have an average attendance more than 2,000.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/420975/every-championship-club-average-away-support/

Then you've got to remove VAT from the ticket sale price to get the clubs actual share of the revenue.

It's probably closer to £250k a year the club is losing by not making the whole stand available. Roughly 0.75-1% of our income.


i.e Aluko's wages for 2 weeks.

It's not an inconsequential amount but it isn't make or break and if successful could attract additional home fans. Not to mention the effect a full away stand has on results on the pitch - if any impact whatsoever, the difference could be millions.


I would agree with that last part, but I think it’s been negated by the fact Reading have lost most of their games since Club 1871 took over that half of the South Stand.


I think it's somewhat of a moot point at the moment as the stadiums 50% empty and it's always going to be a struggle for any sort of atmosphere. I think if the crowds were in the 16,000-17,000 region (which they generally have been in recent history) and the team were doing half decent (results/performances like Saturday) then I think the C1871 will be more fruitful.

Jagermesiter1871
Member
Posts: 801
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:59

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Oct 2018 17:02

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Silver Fox wrote:How do you lot manage to be even stupider on this subject as the week's go on?

Why is it stupid to question something clearly not working and financially damaging the club?


Well it's as stupid as debating shutting down the North stand as it's clearly not working and we're wasting money on the additional staff. People have season tickets there is one key issue that negates debating it.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4360
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Oct 2018 17:40

Zip wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:There's no decision to make, it was made months ago. The club has sold season tickets there. They're committed for the season.



Personally I think that’s a mistake. I would have thought the club should have been more flexible and suggested a three month trial at the start of this season with a view to transferring STH’s if things were not improving.

Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't really matter though does it.

Half a dozen game's lost revenue is peanuts, especially compared to haemoraging attendance elsewhere. So perfectly worth a full season trial to see if it can lift the team, atmosphere and attendances.

Never blame the club for trying something positive and supporting fans

Anyway, nice to talk to someone about it who isn't a hysterical wum.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 22 Oct 2018 17:47, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4360
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Oct 2018 17:47

Kulshaw72RFC wrote:I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!


Why don't you grow up and contact them politely then, rather than tantruming about it on here. Thwy don't owe HNA anything, and they're not accountable to you or anyone else on here, so why don't you pack in the childishness.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2076
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Zip » 22 Oct 2018 17:52

Jagermesiter1871 wrote:
genome wrote:
Jagermesiter1871 wrote:
i.e Aluko's wages for 2 weeks.

It's not an inconsequential amount but it isn't make or break and if successful could attract additional home fans. Not to mention the effect a full away stand has on results on the pitch - if any impact whatsoever, the difference could be millions.


I would agree with that last part, but I think it’s been negated by the fact Reading have lost most of their games since Club 1871 took over that half of the South Stand.


I think it's somewhat of a moot point at the moment as the stadiums 50% empty and it's always going to be a struggle for any sort of atmosphere. I think if the crowds were in the 16,000-17,000 region (which they generally have been in recent history) and the team were doing half decent (results/performances like Saturday) then I think the C1871 will be more fruitful.


Yes possibly. At the moment the supporters look a little lost as much of that section of the South Stand remains empty. For this to work it needs to have a few hundred more supporters in there.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4360
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Oct 2018 17:53

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!


Pretty sure Ian has something to do with the organisation of it. He is way too passionate about it and far too defensive not to be.

Swing and a miss as usual. I vaguely know one person involved to some extent, not sure how much. I just enjoy telling you you're a fool.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4360
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Oct 2018 17:53

Zip wrote:
Jagermesiter1871 wrote:
genome wrote:
I would agree with that last part, but I think it’s been negated by the fact Reading have lost most of their games since Club 1871 took over that half of the South Stand.


I think it's somewhat of a moot point at the moment as the stadiums 50% empty and it's always going to be a struggle for any sort of atmosphere. I think if the crowds were in the 16,000-17,000 region (which they generally have been in recent history) and the team were doing half decent (results/performances like Saturday) then I think the C1871 will be more fruitful.


Yes possibly. At the moment the supporters look a little lost as much of that section of the South Stand remains empty. For this to work it needs to have a few hundred more supporters in there.

Fo sho.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4544
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 18:06

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!


Pretty sure Ian has something to do with the organisation of it. He is way too passionate about it and far too defensive not to be.

Swing and a miss as usual. I vaguely know one person involved to some extent, not sure how much. I just enjoy telling you you're a fool.


Don't deny being behind it Ian if you are, I'm not going to mock you or anything.

Carry on name calling, it is typical of the Club 1871 folks.

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4360
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Oct 2018 18:38

:roll:

Kulshaw72RFC
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1429
Joined: 17 Sep 2018 09:05

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Oct 2018 19:19

Snowflake Royal wrote:
Kulshaw72RFC wrote:I want to hear from the organisers from last year on what they think the high points and low points have been, and their honest opinion on it, What do they think has gone well or badly? Do they think they should carry or on not? What would they do differently? Where are they and who even are they? They are like our owners..... ever elusive.

We all want answers from the horses mouth!


Why don't you grow up and contact them politely then, rather than tantruming about it on here. Thwy don't owe HNA anything, and they're not accountable to you or anyone else on here, so why don't you pack in the childishness.


Okay.

486 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: WAZZOCK and 27 guests

It is currently 14 Nov 2018 21:54