New Training Ground

311 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Hogwood Countdown

by sandman » 15 Oct 2018 13:34

WoodleyRoyal One thing, which clement can bring the club and I hope he is involved in the decision making on the new training facility, is his undeniable experience as a coach working the best clubs in the world. He should know a good training ground when he sees one and should hopefully be very involved in what goes where and what equipment should be bought etc. Stam would also have been a great man to oversee it with his experience.

Whereas, the likes of McDermot, adkins, parkinson etc etc have not seen a top class training facility in their lives.

I would think Brian may have made a few trips to Arsenal's training ground. :lol: :roll:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Oct 2018 13:38

WoodleyRoyal Whereas, the likes of McDermot, adkins, parkinson etc etc have not seen a top class training facility in their lives.

What's he got to do with anything? He manages Bolton Wanderers

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Oct 2018 13:39

sandman
WoodleyRoyal One thing, which clement can bring the club and I hope he is involved in the decision making on the new training facility, is his undeniable experience as a coach working the best clubs in the world. He should know a good training ground when he sees one and should hopefully be very involved in what goes where and what equipment should be bought etc. Stam would also have been a great man to oversee it with his experience.

Whereas, the likes of McDermot, adkins, parkinson etc etc have not seen a top class training facility in their lives.

I would think Brian may have made a few trips to Arsenal's training ground. :lol: :roll:

Well yes, as a scout, not quite the same thing, but you get the premise

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New Training Ground

by RG30 » 26 Oct 2018 14:20

One87One

by One87One » 16 Nov 2018 20:58

I’m still waiting to hear what changes the Chinese made to the plans. Teflon Don said they wanted to put their stamp on it but we are still none the wiser in how they’ve done that. I expect it’s just an excuse to explain the continued delay.

It’s also disappointing just how under the thumb the local media are now. I get on very well with a few of the Chronicle reporters and they tell me that when they’ve requested permission to simply go and take photos of the development that it’s been instantly rejected, and they were told not to attempt drone footage or footage from the road way.

So much for a free press!

One87One

by One87One » 16 Nov 2018 21:00

Is it RFC that own Hogwood, and has it been sold yet? I know the Thai’s were interested in building on it, and the Chinese like building hotels...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Nov 2018 22:13

I don’t think RFC ever owned Hogwood. I think SJM bought it and leased it to the club. Believe he sold it but not sure which owner he passed it on to.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Nov 2018 19:10

I imagine Adkins saw some pretty good facilities at Southampton.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Nov 2018 09:00

When it comes to signing players, I don't think the quality of the training facilities is going to be be top of their list ahead of the financial side of things, the quality of the team (better team = more win bonuses, promotion to the prem = more money) and how the manager expects to use them, However all other things being equal it could be a deciding factor.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Nov 2018 13:01

Had an absolute mare there on your closing sentence.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Nov 2018 13:05

One87One I’m still waiting to hear what changes the Chinese made to the plans. Teflon Don said they wanted to put their stamp on it but we are still none the wiser in how they’ve done that. I expect it’s just an excuse to explain the continued delay.

It’s also disappointing just how under the thumb the local media are now. I get on very well with a few of the Chronicle reporters and they tell me that when they’ve requested permission to simply go and take photos of the development that it’s been instantly rejected, and they were told not to attempt drone footage or footage from the road way.

So much for a free press!

NEVER FORGET - neither has the club....

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Dec 2018 13:53

paultheroyal

:lol:

What an article that was.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2018 14:03

"Denim-clad skinheads".

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 26 Jan 2019 15:46

So... have the kids moved into the new training ground as expected?

Still feel things are a bit fishy with this. Every time local media have been asked to get pictures so we can see the progress and they’re told they’re not allowed to attend site.

Usually a stadium build or a training ground build you see weekly/monthly updates and images/video content.

In fact most clubs now provide drone footage. Here, nothing...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Jan 2019 15:58

Just been past it about three hours ago. Can't see a whole lot but there are pitches that appear ready and the buildings are going up.

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 26 Jan 2019 17:44

Hands up for being lazy and not searching for it, but do you have the address for it and I’ll take the bike for a spin next week and take some photos? If I get caught I’ll just put on a Yorkshire accent.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jan 2019 18:11

IRjAy So... have the kids moved into the new training ground as expected?

Still feel things are a bit fishy with this. Every time local media have been asked to get pictures so we can see the progress and they’re told they’re not allowed to attend site.

Usually a stadium build or a training ground build you see weekly/monthly updates and images/video content.

In fact most clubs now provide drone footage. Here, nothing...

This is the same club that struggles to give match reports on the non first team games so having zero spiel on the training academy development is hardly a surprise.

There’ll probably a press release on the OS about it all a couple of months after the first team move in, so it’s just a matter of being patient.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 26 Jan 2019 22:33

IRjAy Hands up for being lazy and not searching for it, but do you have the address for it and I’ll take the bike for a spin next week and take some photos? If I get caught I’ll just put on a Yorkshire accent.

Opposite Nirvana in Winnersh on the site of the old Bearwood Golf Club.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Jan 2019 22:37

NOt sure how there can be anything ‘fishy’, the work is taking place in plain site on a public road.
I’d agree it would be nice to have had a bit more info but let’s be honest it’s a training ground which won’t be open to the public so not that big a deal.
I’m surprised there isn’t more interest in what is happening with the REP development which will have huge impact on all of us....

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Jan 2019 00:33

Nameless NOt sure how there can be anything ‘fishy’, the work is taking place in plain site on a public road.
I’d agree it would be nice to have had a bit more info but let’s be honest it’s a training ground which won’t be open to the public so not that big a deal.
I’m surprised there isn’t more interest in what is happening with the REP development which will have huge impact on all of us....

Is anything even happening with REP?

311 posts