Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Royal91 » 02 Jul 2013 17:21

Its painful how shit Puma are. I'd rather have KIT again

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 02 Jul 2013 17:38

LOL at Reading FC on their OS claiming these shirts are "top of the range" and "Puma King". The quality is consistantly shit, and the sizing rarely correct. FCUK OFF!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 02 Jul 2013 17:45

Personally I love the Russian flag inset, the away kit would look mint with a great big Hammer and Sickle on it.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Jul 2013 18:42

Stuka The plain back has nothing to do with numbers. As has been pointed out 10000's of times, QPR has a hooped back. It's purely some mong's idea of a design feature.

I suspect that you are right. The aforementioned mong needs to be taken out to an empty field and shot in the head.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 02 Jul 2013 18:45

SpaceCruiser
Stuka The plain back has nothing to do with numbers. As has been pointed out 10000's of times, QPR has a hooped back. It's purely some mong's idea of a design feature.

I suspect that you are right. The aforementioned mong needs to be taken out to an empty field and shot in the head. Then have a plain white panel painted onto his back.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 02 Jul 2013 18:50

SpaceCruiser

I suspect that you are right. The aforementioned mong needs to be taken out to an empty field and shot in the head.

It is 100% the Football Club's choice. There isn't, and has never been (as far as I can remember), a Football League or Premier League rule on having back panels for number and name viability. Basic decisions like having hoops all the way around should be a given, but it just highlights how out of touch those who make these decisions are with the supporters.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Jul 2013 18:58

Friday's Legacy
SpaceCruiser

It is 100% the Football Club's choice. There isn't, and has never been (as far as I can remember), a Football League or Premier League rule on having back panels for number and name viability. Basic decisions like having hoops all the way around should be a given, but it just highlights how out of touch those who make these decisions are with the supporters.

You know, for years I'd been saying that the "rule" didn't exist.....

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 02 Jul 2013 19:04

Just a common myth amongst football fans.

Whoever makes the decision to have a plain back or no hoops at the back really needs a kick in the kunt! They'd go mental at QPR if it happened there, yet we all sit online and tut, then leave it.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 02 Jul 2013 19:07

SpaceCruiser

"Thumbs up if you like plain backs"

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Jul 2013 19:12

Royal91 Its painful how shit Puma are. I'd rather have KIT again

I believe KIT@ were part of the Puma brand.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 02 Jul 2013 19:25

akranes ^ Half decent for Puma.

This is what you'd get with Nike though....

When you put our kit up against these kits it's just embarrassing - the quality of the shirt looks terrible (as per), the baggy sleeves are back (why? No one knows) and what is that thing on the coller?

For that reason I'm out.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 02 Jul 2013 22:16

^
But they are shit surely? :|

I guess it all comes down to personal taste. No club will ever please everyone.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 02 Jul 2013 23:05

Avon Royal ^
But they are shit surely? :|

I guess it all comes down to personal taste. No club will ever please everyone.

Personal taste is key obviously, but the difference in quality really is different though more expensive. So for a family club it's alright.

IMO Nike and Adidas (though less so) really design the kits much much better, aided by the better quality materials *or should I say more appropriate materials.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Jul 2013 23:37

SpaceCruiser

QPRs kit is also much nicer.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Jul 2013 00:06

RoyalTank
akranes ^ Half decent for Puma.

This is what you'd get with Nike though....

When you put our kit up against these kits it's just embarrassing - the quality of the shirt looks terrible (as per), the baggy sleeves are back (why? No one knows) and what is that thing on the coller?

For that reason I'm out.

Seconded, those are incredible.

At least the badge isn't made of felt again.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 03 Jul 2013 09:57

Perhaps the club have realised that by putting a plain back on the shirts they flog more names and numbers so can bring in an extra £10 or so per shirt.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Jul 2013 13:39

Love the away but agree that the plain white back and sponsor's name overlapping a hoop is not good. I would imagine that this will mean that the home shorts will be white which will look much better than blue ones.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Jul 2013 14:42

Friday's Legacy
SpaceCruiser

Question: isn't this something that STAR should be making clear to the club? Or perhaps it has been and the club just don't care what we want as we're all mug punters who don't actually know what we want and certainly have no knowledge of sports "fashion"

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 03 Jul 2013 14:58

Terminal Boardom Love the away but agree that the plain white back and sponsor's name overlapping a hoop is not good. I would imagine that this will mean that the home shorts will be white which will look much better than blue ones.

They are blue, and a different shade of blue to the hoops, as seen on the previous page.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Jul 2013 15:01

Wizard
Terminal Boardom Love the away but agree that the plain white back and sponsor's name overlapping a hoop is not good. I would imagine that this will mean that the home shorts will be white which will look much better than blue ones.

They are blue, and a different shade of blue to the hoops, as seen on the previous page.

How utterly naff is that

5989 posts