Next seasons kit choice?

5991 posts
One87One

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by One87One » 12 Jul 2017 16:42

Ascotexgunner
Za Vas
Hound
Middlesboro is my vote for the worst, with Sunderland closely behind (which is worrying considering its Puma) and Sheff Utd being sponsored by Teletext? Taking the retro thing a bit far

:?

Both Middlesboro and Sunderland kits are Adidas?

Wish we were Adidas.......I hate Puma.

I'd favour Adidas also. How do you feel about Umbro? Our CEO has strong connections with them..

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Jul 2017 16:50

Scutterbucketz
John Smith I believe news of when the release will be is announced on Friday

Kits are coming out Tuesday 19th.

In fear of a whoosh but you are going to send Sutekh into a tizz with this post.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 12 Jul 2017 18:52

paultheroyal
Sutekh
The Informant
Why do you care so much? Are you a 14 year old girl? Do you actually wear the kit?

Alright I'll nibble. Personally I don't actually care, I'm just pointing out the apparent lack of organisation or communication and think the club are missing a marketing trick here by not having a reveal countdown or some other selling ploy to generate a demand and get clicks to their website etc.

They have been imaginative in the past and used excellent marketing ideas. Why is this year any different. You are almost out of control with this Sutekh. Take a deep breath or something.

No trick is missing. Literally zero footfall up at the club shop etc.....far better pacing it towards the start of the season and for fans like you eager to get your hands on a shirt you can also buy a ticket and watch the Carabao Cup match etc.

All this tbf.

Last season the kits went on sale a week before the first game and were sold out in April. The marleting team should be winning awards in all fairness.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Jul 2017 19:35

Do you think we'd have sold fewer shirts if they'd come out a month earlier?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 12 Jul 2017 20:49

Nope, but considering the club are given a set allocation each season, the notion that we launch our kit 'late' is nonsense. Launching towards the end of July is clearly a conscious decision taken by the club to get people talking about it, year after year.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Jul 2017 21:31

WAZZOCK Nope, but considering the club are given a set allocation each season, the notion that we launch our kit 'late' is nonsense. Launching towards the end of July is clearly a conscious decision taken by the club to get people talking about it, year after year.

The "talk" though, is all about why are the club incapable of organising a kit launch on time. It's not excitement about the new kit.

We just seem to be late with everything. The pre-season felt a bit half-arsed and last minute, for example. We need to play our only home friendly away, as the pitch won't be ready. Anyone who went to Burton Albion, for example, and bought the programme, will have noticed their pre-season games were already arranged by the last weekend of the season.

The kit has been late every year for as long as I can remember, and it's often late arriving in the shops too. Either we've consistently hit upon a marketing ploy that no other club, even those who make fortunes from marketing, have thought of, or we just do things late because that's how we've always done it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Jul 2017 22:04

tmesis
WAZZOCK Nope, but considering the club are given a set allocation each season, the notion that we launch our kit 'late' is nonsense. Launching towards the end of July is clearly a conscious decision taken by the club to get people talking about it, year after year.

The "talk" though, is all about why are the club incapable of organising a kit launch on time. It's not excitement about the new kit.

We just seem to be late with everything. The pre-season felt a bit half-arsed and last minute, for example. We need to play our only home friendly away, as the pitch won't be ready. Anyone who went to Burton Albion, for example, and bought the programme, will have noticed their pre-season games were already arranged by the last weekend of the season.

The kit has been late every year for as long as I can remember, and it's often late arriving in the shops too. Either we've consistently hit upon a marketing ploy that no other club, even those who make fortunes from marketing, have thought of, or we just do things late because that's how we've always done it.

Who says we are late? When is the right time? Is there an official day for kit launch, bit like Christmas Day?

As for pre season, when it came to the last game we didn't know what division we would be in and then 4 weeks behind everyone else. You think we are late or half arsed but the 3rd best team in the championship think they are pretty much spot on.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 13 Jul 2017 07:13

tmesis

Stop saying it's 'late', it's getting ridiculous now. :lol: We've never got to the first game of the season when we haven't known what the kit will be, so it's never been 'late'.

Completely ignore what other clubs do relating to their kit launch for one second - don't you think approximately 10 days before the start of the season is a prime time to release the information? It adds to the buzz of the new campaign that's coming up, whilst it will also coincide with increased footfall at the stadium shop.

As mentioned, we sold out with plenty of time to go last season, so I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Similarly, we have absolutely no idea what the knock on effect of last season's prolonged campaign was. Therefore I would cut them a bit of slack regarding the pre-season schedule.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jul 2017 08:29

yep. They've clearly had the kit for weeks as they videoed the launch. The design was probably chosen months ago. Its a decision made to launch close the start of the season as for whatever reasons - could be marketing, accounting or whatever, they believe its the best time to do it

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jul 2017 09:06

I find it mildly ironic that Sutekh posted this in the transfers thread in GF

Got to have something to fill the endless hours people spend clicking their refresh buttons as they can't cope with not "being in touch" for a few hours :roll:

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 13 Jul 2017 09:25

tmesis Either we've consistently hit upon a marketing ploy that no other club, even those who make fortunes from marketing, have thought of, or we just do things late because that's how we've always done it.

This. Not sure why some posters are convinced our club knows better than others?

Especially when they're ignoring (even mocking) evidence that's directly flying in their face.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Jul 2017 09:31

RoyalX
tmesis Either we've consistently hit upon a marketing ploy that no other club, even those who make fortunes from marketing, have thought of, or we just do things late because that's how we've always done it.

This. Not sure why some posters are convinced our club knows better than others?

Especially when they're ignoring (even mocking) evidence that's directly flying in their face.

Help me out here - what's the evidence?

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 13 Jul 2017 09:34

paultheroyal
RoyalX

People getting wound up by the lack of release on this thread?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Jul 2017 09:35

RoyalX
paultheroyal
RoyalX

I have no idea what point you are now trying to make lol.

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 13 Jul 2017 09:39

paultheroyal
RoyalX
paultheroyal

Annoying your customer base isn't a great marketing ploy IMO.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jul 2017 09:47

@ReadingFC 4m
KIT LAUNCH | A date has been set for the official launch of our new 2017-18 kits...and you can be a part of it! - http://rdng.co/KitLaunch220717

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Jul 2017 10:56

RoyalX
paultheroyal
RoyalX

Relegations, changes of ownership, harsh management sackings, I can cope with all of that but woe betide the club that thinks they can play fast and loose with the announcement of a new piece of cloth

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 13 Jul 2017 11:02

Silver Fox
RoyalX
paultheroyal

Relegations, changes of ownership, harsh management sackings, I can cope with all of that but woe betide the club that thinks they can play fast and loose with the announcement of a new piece of cloth

:lol:

But regardless of your thoughts on the futility of it all, it clearly matters to some people.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jul 2017 11:06

But why!?

Surely it's only a problem if it's not ready by the first match of the season?

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 13 Jul 2017 11:11

genome But why!?

Surely it's only a problem if it's not ready by the first match of the season?

Is the why important?

5991 posts