GET RID OF THE GOAL MUSIC!!! PLEASE!!

Twix

Re: GET RID OF THE GOAL MUSIC!!! PLEASE!!

by Twix » 11 Feb 2013 12:19

SPARTA Just out of interest, how many of you moaning about the band, drummer and goal music have actually written to make your grievance official?

There's absolutely no point moaning on here. Write an email and send it to the club and if you want something to change, do it numbers!

From the survey:

"Many fans don’t like goal music or “back the boys” announcement. The goal music and back the boy’s announcement is not everyone’s preference however many other supporters enjoy it and feel it helps improve the atmosphere."

That back the boys campaign is only "enjoyed" by 34% so if two thirds of the crowd don't like something but it still stays there's no chance of them dropping the goal music.

As others have said the majority seem to like it, in fact when it hasn't been played in the past many people seem completely unable to celebrate spontaneously and look just stand around looking lost before singing it anyway, I've even heard it sung at away matches (admittedly that's often meant to be ironic).

I don't mind the drummer but the band are terrible, as I've said before it wouldn't be quite as bad as they played Reading songs, played those songs correctly ("when skies are grey" should be repeated but they're not talented enough to change what's on their sheet music) and didn't drown out other attempts at songs. They reached a new low singing about Waitrose in the last game.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 12 Feb 2013 09:59

I love the goal music.

It reminds me of where we have come from. Someone above asked, when did we replace Tom Hark for this? Well we were 23rd in the Championship and McDermott had only a few games under his belt.

I love when we pull back a consolation the away fans take the piss and join in...and when we imminently score again, they sit their in silence.

I love the fact its catchy and rings in your ears all night after you've just humped Sheff Wed, again.

As many have said, if its not liked, why does almost everyone join in, in every stand?

OI!OI!OI!

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 12 Feb 2013 10:28

Bring back Cliff Richard "Congratulations" after a win 8)