The band

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

The band

by Lovely hot donuts! » 23 Feb 2013 18:19

Basically, I'm fed up with the bloody band.
I sit right near them and they play their stupid songs in my ear every home game and it's totally sapped any genuine song singing from our corner.

They have no understanding of what's going on and play their stupid songs at all the wrong times.
They play the "hitler only had one ball" song (I know it has a proper name but that's what I know it as) despite it having no relevance and no football song we can sing to it.
They also play the bloody great escape ALL THE oxf*rd TIME!! Even when we were 3-0 down they played it twice! I didn't mind it so much when we'd just come back to 3-2 against West Brom, but when we're 3-0 down and playing like shit, WHY??? Just shut up!

If we're going to have a band then they need to play tunes for songs we already sing and learn the appropriate time to do it (Sometimes they do it when a good chant is starting and totally kill it off).
And, for a band at the football their repertoire is really poor. The England band play other tunes that are common for football songs, such as the tune of "oooh Adam Le Fondre", but this band know five songs and only one is appropriate!

So, to summarise, the band need to:
- Extend and replace their repertoire so that they are only tunes that we have pre-existent songs for.
- Learn when is the appropriate time in the game for the songs to be sung.
- Allow other songs, that are working just fine, to go on without piping up.
If the band don't want/ aren't able to do all this then they can just oxf*rd off - we don't need a band, we don't even really need a drummer, and we'll be just fine without them!

Anyway, just needed to get it off my chest.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The band

by creative_username_1 » 23 Feb 2013 18:56

yep can the band fcuk off - nothing personal, just don't want to listen to it

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Feb 2013 19:07

Lovely hot donuts! Basically, I'm fed up with the bloody band.
I sit right near them and they play their stupid songs in my ear every home game and it's totally sapped any genuine song singing from our corner.

So, are you going to make your complaint official and write to the club, or just get it off your chest on here and nothing will change as a result?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 23 Feb 2013 19:36

SPARTA
Lovely hot donuts! Basically, I'm fed up with the bloody band.

So, are you going to make your complaint official and write to the club, or just get it off your chest on here and nothing will change as a result?

Hopefully the tempo anyhow.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Feb 2013 00:28

Christ

Haven't we been here before?......maybe that last relegation season when things weren't going quite our way.

Yeah get rid of the band.......of course :idea:

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 24 Feb 2013 08:54

I'm reluctant to have a pop at the band, at least they are doing something to get behind the team, but my god they can be annoying.

The OP is spot on, at times they kill off genuine atmosphere. I sit in the middle of the East Stand, and the number of times a chant from Y25 starts flowing down the stand towards us only for the bloody band to pipe up with some completely irrelevant little diddy.

As I said though, at least they're making effort to get behind the lads, so fair play. If you guys are reading this then keep It up, work on your timing, and may I request the following:
- Terry & June
- Molly Malone (if a brass band version is possible!)

Cheers 8)

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 24 Feb 2013 09:33

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Feb 2013 09:35

Must admit i did not notice the band once yesterday.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 24 Feb 2013 10:49

The worst part is that they get in for free and won the half time pizza a few weeks ago.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Feb 2013 11:14

again it's just another bit of 'forced' attempts to create atmosphere.

Sea of ScaROFLves

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 24 Feb 2013 12:12

paultheroyal Must admit i did not notice the band once yesterday.

The atmosphere was that bad in Y26 that you could hear the horrible bastards from there.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Feb 2013 15:16

get a fecking life you load of mongs, it a bit of fun to try and create a bit of atmoshere, i quite enjoy it..why don`t you try singing instead of fecking moaning?

cpmurph

by cpmurph » 24 Feb 2013 17:38

windermere_royal get a fecking life you load of mongs, it a bit of fun to try and create a bit of atmoshere, i quite enjoy it..why don`t you try singing instead of fecking moaning?

Because it's very very difficult to sing with a brass band. I have a similar experience to others on this thread: I sit in Y22 and often try to join in with a burgeoning Y25/6 chant only for it to be strangled out by some rubbish from the brass band that no one knows and has no relevance to anything.

Why doesn't the drummer move to Y25/6, concentrate our singing area and thus have one solid singing part of the stadium to lead the other parts, rather than these two competing sections that cancel each other out?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 24 Feb 2013 17:58

cpmurph Why doesn't the drummer move to Y25/6, concentrate our singing area and thus have one solid singing part of the stadium to lead the other parts, rather than these two competing sections that cancel each other out?

oxf*rd OFF!!!

cpmurph

by cpmurph » 24 Feb 2013 18:03

SPARTA
cpmurph Why doesn't the drummer move to Y25/6, concentrate our singing area and thus have one solid singing part of the stadium to lead the other parts, rather than these two competing sections that cancel each other out?

oxf*rd OFF!!!

*Holds up his hands and moves slowly away*

was just an idea... :P

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Feb 2013 18:46

Are you on twitter :?: that was discussed and dismissed on there recently.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Feb 2013 18:50

windermere_royal get a fecking life you load of mongs, it a bit of fun to try and create a bit of atmoshere, i quite enjoy it..why don`t you try singing instead of fecking moaning?
Its not often that I agree with you (a road between Starvation and Barnsdale roads), but on this occasion.......

cpmurph

by cpmurph » 24 Feb 2013 18:53

royalexile Are you on twitter :?: that was discussed and dismissed on there recently.

i am on twitter but i must have missed that. fair play.

Still doesn't stop the brass band being annoying... :lol:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 24 Feb 2013 19:47

I sit in Y25 and hardly ever hear the drummer or band.

In fact I'm not sure I even knew we had a band.

I think the drummer used to be in Y26, but received some polite requests that his talents could be best used in another part of the ground.

scumbag

by scumbag » 24 Feb 2013 20:00

#BanTheBand