New Training Ground

311 posts
Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Training Ground

by Tony Le Mesmer » 25 Apr 2014 09:11

Nameless I suspect the market for selling the land may be very limited. IIRC the land can't be used for housing or industrial development, it's pretty restricted to 'leisure' use and I don't think there were any other serious bidders.

TLM's sources understand that the golf club were a rival bidder and were desperate to buy, but TSI just put in a larger counter bid every time. Im sure if there was is now a doubt about RFC's ability to pay the agreed price the golf club would be in like a shot.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Apr 2014 10:57

Indeed, although I was working on the idea that w had already bought it and we're needing to sell it on.
It would be sad if we did pull out as the charity reliant on the funds would lose out in big way, I doubt the golf club would pay anything close

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Apr 2014 11:37

Nameless Indeed, although I was working on the idea that w had already bought it and we're needing to sell it on.
It would be sad if we did pull out as the charity reliant on the funds would lose out in big way, I doubt the golf club would pay anything close

Wasn't the purchase subject to gaining the relevant planning approval?

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 24 Jun 2014 12:42

I thought about this when I drove passed the closed golf club the other day then realised I missed the exhibition. Is the detail online anywhere or does anyone with links to the club (as there are so many!) have a PDF of the posters and other docs? Just interested in reading up about it as it's so close to home.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 24 Jun 2014 13:05

Albert Spangler I thought about this when I drove passed the closed golf club the other day then realised I missed the exhibition. Is the detail online anywhere or does anyone with links to the club (as there are so many!) have a PDF of the posters and other docs? Just interested in reading up about it as it's so close to home.

The only thing I can find is:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/bearwood-exhibit-041213-1215215.aspx

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 24 Jun 2014 13:07

UpThePrem
Albert Spangler I thought about this when I drove passed the closed golf club the other day then realised I missed the exhibition. Is the detail online anywhere or does anyone with links to the club (as there are so many!) have a PDF of the posters and other docs? Just interested in reading up about it as it's so close to home.

The only thing I can find is:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/bearwood-exhibit-041213-1215215.aspx

Same

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Jun 2014 13:14

Has planning permission been granted yet? Wasn't there problems with protected trees?

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 24 Jun 2014 13:27

The planning application and reports are on the Wokingham council website:

http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/planning/services/search/

Search for application no. : SO/2013/2484

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Jun 2014 13:54

We haven't submitted a planning application yet. Just a screening and scoping application which has told the club they need to do an environmental impact assessment.

This is a long way off happening yet, if at all.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 25 Jun 2014 10:14

Wycombe Royal We haven't submitted a planning application yet. Just a screening and scoping application which has told the club they need to do an environmental impact assessment.

This is a long way off happening yet, if at all.

The football club's agents, as I pointed out on the previous page, were advised that an EIA was required back in January. That said, if the agents were worth their salt, they would have anticipated this anyway. That an EIA has not yet been submitted 5 months later suggests that the whole thing may well have been put on hold. Hardly surprising given the uncertainty that has enveloped the club for the past few months.

I wonder if the 'charity' now regret not selling to the golf club. The private school, err sorry I mean the 'charity', would have had the money in the bank by now.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Jun 2014 15:20

Yet another balls up then. All these "TSI have bought us a new training ground" monkeys, need to remember that all they did was leave the club with debt - they didn't pay for it themselves. And now we aren't even anywhere close to developing it, if we ever do. But yeah, good old Samuelson and TSI. :roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Jun 2014 15:43

Royal Lady Yet another balls up then. All these "TSI have bought us a new training ground" monkeys, need to remember that all they did was leave the club with debt - they didn't pay for it themselves. And now we aren't even anywhere close to developing it, if we ever do. But yeah, good old Samuelson and TSI. :roll:

But this isn't something that has cost us much money yet as we don't have to pay for it if we can't get planning permission.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jun 2014 16:48

M Brook
I wonder if the 'charity' now regret not selling to the golf club. The private school, err sorry I mean the 'charity', would have had the money in the bank by now.

My understanding is that whilst Bearwood College in run by the charity it has other projects as well which are the ones the sale would support. I don't believe it was a sale prompted by an immediate need so I suspect they would still rather they went with the highest bidder.....

You'd imagine that once the ownership is sorted this will be dealt with pretty quickly. It can't be a complex EIA, the new use wouldn't be much different to the existing one so you'd think it would be more about how any landscape work is done to avoid disturbing habitat or water supplies.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Jun 2014 18:09

Nameless
M Brook

My understanding is that whilst Bearwood College in run by the charity it has other projects as well which are the ones the sale would support. I don't believe it was a sale prompted by an immediate need so I suspect they would still rather they went with the highest bidder.....

You'd imagine that once the ownership is sorted this will be dealt with pretty quickly. It can't be a complex EIA, the new use wouldn't be much different to the existing one so you'd think it would be more about how any landscape work is done to avoid disturbing habitat or water supplies.

Not a complex one? They will have to remove loads of trees, level out the area to fit in all the football pitches and build various buildings for the accomodation, gyms, classrooms, restaurant, etc.....

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 26 Jun 2014 09:54

Nameless You'd imagine that once the ownership is sorted this will be dealt with pretty quickly. It can't be a complex EIA, the new use wouldn't be much different to the existing one so you'd think it would be more about how any landscape work is done to avoid disturbing habitat or water supplies.

The club have been told they need to submit an Annex 2 EIA which is less complex than an Annex 1 EIA but still needs to deal with the following 7 matters -

Description of the project
Description of actual project and site description
Break the project down into its key components, i.e. construction, operations, decommissioning
For each component list all of the sources of environmental disturbance
For each component all the inputs and outputs must be listed, e.g., air pollution, noise, hydrology
Alternatives that have been considered
Examine alternatives that have been considered
Example: in a biomass power station, will the fuel be sourced locally or nationally?
Description of the environment
List of all aspects of the environment that may be affected by the development
Example: populations, fauna, flora, air, soil, water, humans, landscape, cultural heritage
This section is best carried out with the help of local experts, e.g. the RSPB in the UK
Description of the significant effects on the environment
The word significant is crucial here as the definition can vary
'Significant' must be defined
The most frequent method used here is use of the Leopold matrix
The matrix is a tool used in the systematic examination of potential interactions
Example: in a windfarm development a significant impact may be collisions with birds
Mitigation
This is where EIA is most useful
Once section 4 is complete, it is obvious where impacts are greatest
Using this information ways to avoid negative impacts should be developed
Best working with the developer with this section as they know the project best
Using the windfarm example again construction could be out of bird nesting seasons
Non-technical summary (EIS)
The EIA is in the public domain and be used in the decision making process
It is important that the information is available to the public
This section is a summary that does not include jargon or complicated diagrams
It should be understood by the informed lay-person
Lack of know-how/technical difficulties
This section is to advise any areas of weakness in knowledge
It can be used to focus areas of future research
Some developers see the EIA as a starting block for poor environmental management

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 04 Sep 2014 10:51

Is this still going ahead? All gone rather quiet and didn't hear Sasima refer to the project once in her interview with Sky last month.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 04 Sep 2014 11:00

RG30 Is this still going ahead? All gone rather quiet and didn't hear Sasima refer to the project once in her interview with Sky last month.

That's because SJM gave her a twister every time she tried to speak.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Sep 2014 11:21

I can't believe the club haven't paid any money at all for the land. Surely before you can put in a planning application, you have to own the place first?

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 04 Sep 2014 12:40

Royal Lady I can't believe the club haven't paid any money at all for the land. Surely before you can put in a planning application, you have to own the place first?

No, I believe you can apply for planning on any land, you don't have to own it. That doesn't mean you can build on that land once planning permission is granted.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Sep 2014 12:47

Oh really? OK, thanks.

311 posts