Royal Elm Park

587 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Royal Elm Park

by Nameless » 30 Apr 2017 18:42

Jackson Corner What ever happened to the train link to Green Park? With all the new housing and business surely it would make sense to build a rail link.

Subject of endless discussion on here.
Significant issues arising as a result of the date for electrification if the line being moved out by a few decades. I'm sure the search facility will help....

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Apr 2017 22:07

Nameless
Jackson Corner What ever happened to the train link to Green Park? With all the new housing and business surely it would make sense to build a rail link.

Subject of endless discussion on here.
Significant issues arising as a result of the date for electrification if the line being moved out by a few decades. I'm sure the search facility will help....

Unbelievably it's been delayed until at least 2019

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 01 May 2017 16:38

Nameless
multisync1830
Nameless PP definitely have a limited life, I doubt if a random bit of concrete would extend that indefinitely. Maybe if you genuinely carried on shortly after the expiry you might be ok but not if you left it years !

would you have thought they would have taken due diligence on what constitutes 'a start'?

At the early stages of a project it is often a matter of planning judgement as to whether or not development has started.
However, the following are useful examples of when the Department would accept that development has commenced in accordance with the approval.
Where an applicant has complied with conditions relating to works to be carried out before the commencement of other work e.g the construction of an access in accordance with the approved plans, and
Where an applicant has commenced any work of construction in the course of the erection of a building, such as the digging of foundations and preferably pouring of concrete, driving of piles or other substantive works;
The laying of any underground main pipe to the foundations or part of the foundations of a building;

How wonderful, but utterly meaningless !

Let me help you even more.

They started digging and installing concrete foundations as a way of proving the stadium expansion had been started before the expiry date. The c/p from planning portal suggests that digging and installing concrete foundations would be sufficient to show that building work had started..Therefore it would seem they comply and therefore no reapplication would be necessary.
However I doubt they would go with the original plan as it's outdated so etc would likely to reapply with amended designs any way so it's potentially a mute point

HTH...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 May 2017 19:02

Saying it was meaningless did not equate to me not understanding ! It's not that complicated... but thanks anyway.

The moot point would be that as you say new owners would quite probably want to revisit the plans so any attempt to extend the life of the PP would be a bit meaningless.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 02 May 2017 07:39

Nameless Saying it was meaningless did not equate to me not understanding ! It's not that complicated... but thanks anyway.

The moot point would be that as you say new owners would quite probably want to revisit the plans so any attempt to extend the life of the PP would be a bit meaningless.

but I fail to see the relevance of your 'meaningless' comment

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 May 2017 08:06

multisync1830
Nameless Saying it was meaningless did not equate to me not understanding ! It's not that complicated... but thanks anyway.

but I fail to see the relevance of your 'meaningless' comment

That's odd, seeing as you agreed with it !

Let me help you out...

If the current owners aren't going to build the extension as per the old PP then the fact that a bit of concrete may have extended the life of the old PP is meaningless, because they would have to get new PP for a new extension.

HTH

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 02 May 2017 13:38

I wouldn't say meaningless Nameless. If the consent is implemented there is scope to build a large extension to the stadium. Yes, the drawings may be revisited and a new application submitted but the fact that a live consent is in place will essentially render any objections to the stadium expansion (unless significantly larger) redundant.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 May 2017 21:23

Um, a bit meaningless ? Not fully meaningful ?
Should I just give in and concede I was a bit less than right ...... ;-)

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 03 May 2017 08:03

Nameless Um, a bit meaningless ? Not fully meaningful ?
Should I just give in and concede I was a bit less than right ...... ;-)

and me.. lets just play the ball in future..

readingonthames

by readingonthames » 06 May 2017 18:22

Here's a piece I've just written following the approval of REP, contrasting with Station Hill going back to the drawing board.

http://readingonthames.com/2017/05/03/r ... wo-halves/

I really think more things going on around the ground could help improve the "match day experience" , and ultimately boost attendances.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 09 Jun 2018 01:20

Website no longer working here. Project delayed/off?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jun 2018 14:05

RG30 Website no longer working here. Project delayed/off?

Interesting. Of course the website was all about the plans etc when they were trying to get planning permission through, which isn't needed now, but you'd have thought they'd have hung onto the site anyway, for information/publicity etc during development.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jun 2018 10:36

muirinho
RG30 Website no longer working here. Project delayed/off?

Interesting. Of course the website was all about the plans etc when they were trying to get planning permission through, which isn't needed now, but you'd have thought they'd have hung onto the site anyway, for information/publicity etc during development.

was thinking the other day that it would be a little bit odd for the Thai's to still own the land around the stadium and build REP, with the Chinese owning the club - esp with the other infrastructure projects the new owners are supporting (ie training ground)

I wouldn't be at all suprised if the new owners would try to buy that land back.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jun 2018 19:58

So I was under the impression there was no parking next season, it`s pretty weird how quiet it`s gone,
Surely the club have to make a decision for the people that pay for parking soon?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 16 Jun 2018 22:09

windermereROYAL So I was under the impression there was no parking next season, it`s pretty weird how quiet it`s gone,
Surely the club have to make a decision for the people that pay for parking soon?

Well they are offering renewals on Car Parking season tickets, so there's definitely car parking next season.

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 01 Aug 2018 20:08

100% canned for those worrying about losing their parking space.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Aug 2018 10:07

Pat Butchers Ring 100% canned for those worrying about losing their parking space.

? what is? royal elm park? source?

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 02 Aug 2018 15:21

Pat Butchers Ring 100% canned for those worrying about losing their parking space.

FANTASTIC NEWS for the Football Club. However, they'll sell the land to a new developer I'm sure.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Aug 2018 15:41

IRjAy

FANTASTIC NEWS for the Football Club. However, they'll sell the land to a new developer I'm sure.

Maybe, they will be Chinese, they may also have a Welsh sounding name.........

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2018 07:58

Happy with project being binned. Really want that trainline from Reading station to Green Park to go ahead though.

587 posts