Green Park Match Day Parking

250 posts
Marc89

Re: Green Park Match Day Parking

by Marc89 » 30 Jan 2017 07:49

paultheroyal What was the issue coming out of green park yesterday... looked utter chaos. Luckily I was heading Costco way and surprisingly clear.

Also, considering barriers are now up it is surprising how many Reading FC fans actually work on that site :wink:

No idea what the issue was but we were told the Costco way was closed and thats why everyone was going the other way!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Jan 2017 08:16

Marc89
paultheroyal What was the issue coming out of green park yesterday... looked utter chaos. Luckily I was heading Costco way and surprisingly clear.

Also, considering barriers are now up it is surprising how many Reading FC fans actually work on that site :wink:

No idea what the issue was but we were told the Costco way was closed and thats why everyone was going the other way!

Never seen so many cars, and Costco way was very much open.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 30 Jan 2017 08:40

The road from Costco back to the roundabout was shut off because the Cardiff coaches had all been parked down there. That meant everyone having to turn right out of Costco in order to exit through Green Park which might not have been a problem had someone had the sense to adjust the traffic light timings at the Green Park exit. The lights went green for no more than 15 seconds each time and remained red for some considerable time.
let's hope Barnsley don't bring 20 coaches down for the next home game !! :cry:

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 30 Jan 2017 12:14

Just after the Costco entrance by the bollards, the road was blocked by a barrier, a huge no entry sign and a bloke dressed in yellow. He seemed quite happy for people to drive on the other side of the bollards and barrier which is what I did. One or two vehicles were coming towards us, but once they had passed it was easy to get past the Cardiff coaches and on our way.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 30 Jan 2017 12:22

East Grinstead Royal Just after the Costco entrance by the bollards, the road was blocked by a barrier, a huge no entry sign and a bloke dressed in yellow. He seemed quite happy for people to drive on the other side of the bollards and barrier which is what I did. One or two vehicles were coming towards us, but once they had passed it was easy to get past the Cardiff coaches and on our way.

Wish I'd been that brave or patient.

Yella fella told me the same story so I turned right instead, waited for a while in queue, then U-ied, back past Costco, road open once Cardiff coaches had gone and out reasonably easily.

Do we know whether parking away coaches there was a one-off or permanent move?

BTW - stewards also now very arsey about you trying to park in the Park'n'Ride bit up at the stadium without paying even as early as 11.30am. "When the results get better, the parking gets tougher."

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 30 Jan 2017 12:33

Fox Talbot BTW - stewards also now very arsey about you trying to park in the Park'n'Ride bit up at the stadium without paying even as early as 11.30am. "When the results get better, the parking gets tougher."

I suspect it's going to get tougher still when the restrictions on OAP bus fares come into effect. Was chatting to a few OAPs at my football bus stop who were planning on driving after April. I doubt they would be the only ones. (They were talking about a rota, so at least it sounded like one car rather than three, but still...)

download

by download » 23 Feb 2017 19:11

Just noticed this evening posters up in Costco saying parking on Match Days will be limited to two hours.

Not sure how they will enforce it, unless they are prepared to had out tickets or put in some cameras.

Not even sure what rights they will have to clamp/fine you you as long as you nip in to Costco to buy something .

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 24 Feb 2017 09:06

leon
tmesis
leon
and the cnuts haven't even bothered to reply.

Same here. No response at all.

Did you use the contact form from the site, or the customer services email address?

Customer services.

The club responded saying they were in talks with the company,

Going to send another if I don't hear.

Upd8 please m8

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Feb 2017 13:49

They finally got back blaming traffic. Stopped using the bus as the service was so shit, so alas I have no idea if it has improved.

jjBlinky

by jjBlinky » 07 Mar 2017 12:51

Assuming I can get passed the guy with the hiviz jacket, where's the best place to park? I'm coming from the M4 side, usually park in Costco but as tonight's game finishes after they close I'm looking for a free alternative. Any suggestions? Thanks.

250 posts