Hob Nob Legend

Re: Green Park Match Day Parking

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Mar 2016 00:54

FM or DIGITAL ?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 12 Mar 2016 10:59

Nameless Wonton Grange has changed capacity a few times. Obviously knocking the multi-storey bit down removed quite a few spaces !

They also used to have parking on the building site itself after it was knocked down, which for the last few years I don't think was the case. Interested to know whether that's included in the figure of 800 which STAR Voice has. If it is then with the loss of that area and the multi-storey a capacity of around 500 doesn't sound that implausible, it did seem smaller than it used to be.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Mar 2016 12:19

Parking chaos last night, but hopefully only because many werent aware of the closure or other options

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Mar 2016 08:49

Mereoak another dream friday night and back in Basingstoke 45 mins after game finished! Unheard of!

Not sure of the queuing system however boarding the buses at the end of the match lol!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Mar 2016 09:24

paultheroyal Mereoak another dream friday night and back in Basingstoke 45 mins after game finished! Unheard of!

Not sure of the queuing system however boarding the buses at the end of the match lol!

I don't think there is a queuing system, or at least not a workable one. One queue for two different buses doesn't really work.

Having to get to the bus stop from Y25, and having to walk the whole way round the ground to get there, does make me wish they'd rebuild the steps (much bigger/wider obviously) in the south east corner.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Mar 2016 13:30

tmesis
paultheroyal Mereoak another dream friday night and back in Basingstoke 45 mins after game finished! Unheard of!

I don't think there is a queuing system, or at least not a workable one. One queue for two different buses doesn't really work.

Having to get to the bus stop from Y25, and having to walk the whole way round the ground to get there, does make me wish they'd rebuild the steps (much bigger/wider obviously) in the south east corner.

Yep, totally agree with that, the one big downer is the walk all around the stadium

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Mar 2016 14:51

It was a bit of a free-for-all on Friday night but hasn't been like that most of the season.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Mar 2016 09:42

paultheroyal
tmesis

Yep, totally agree with that, the one big downer is the walk all around the stadium

especially when they just make you walk through all the oppo fans after the game anyway. not sure what the point is. it unnecessarily annoys our own supporters, for no gain whatsoever.

makes no difference to me personally as in in the NE corner and its equidistant either way

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2016 11:59

do they still put the fence up by the East stand ? I always walk round the other side because they always used to - it's become a habit now

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Mar 2016 13:39

yes they do, and I don't really understand why

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Mar 2016 13:52

After the game there were queues all the way through Whitley and up Whitley Wood Hill, my footy bus was caught up in it - I'm guessing this is due to more people parking in the area instead of Worton Grange.

download

by download » 14 Mar 2016 23:15

As I couldn't get a space to park at the Holiday Inn on Friday, I decided to risk it and headed off to Green Park. No checks except for a security man outside of CGI. If Green Park are introducing more stringent checks, it didn't happen on Friday. Possibly the email was just for show, or they are holding back because Friday wasn't the right time.

Many thanks to everyone who has suggest Mereoaks. I'm going to give it a go. I can't see much chance of a capacity crowd until the start of 2017, assuming the start of next season we get off to a flying start.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 Mar 2016 09:13

Does sound like a touch of sabre rattling from the Green Park mob.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 19 Mar 2016 22:52

Just a heads up, Green Park's multi story car park (near Regus) was being guarded today - for the first time this season (from what I can work out). Given that it was a lower attendance, it didn't appear to make much difference to parking. I know that a few fans have used this car park - so I don't know how many people it affected. The entrances to the Green Park estate were open though.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Mar 2016 08:09

Another mereoak success.

What will work for me if I go alone with the little lad is the fact I could leave my house at 2pm knowing I will be in my seat at 2:50pm.

Friends are continuing with regus. Still ok for them and no mention of what Clyde witnessed on Saturday.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Mar 2016 09:00

Clyde1998 Just a heads up, Green Park's multi story car park (near Regus) was being guarded today - for the first time this season (from what I can work out). Given that it was a lower attendance, it didn't appear to make much difference to parking. I know that a few fans have used this car park - so I don't know how many people it affected. The entrances to the Green Park estate were open though.

....busiest I've seen the Green Pk exit roads after the match for many a yonk - didn't notice any 'plastic policemen' en garde on the northern access road before the game either, as mentioned above.

No sign (yet) of our preferred spots along Gillette Way being 'double yellow-lined', as fore-warned by Council notices but I expect it's only a matter of time.
Will only be an issue this season now for the Brum & PNE games, as Morrisons is OK for midweek matches.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 21 Mar 2016 11:21

Four Of Clubs
Clyde1998 Just a heads up, Green Park's multi story car park (near Regus) was being guarded today - for the first time this season (from what I can work out). Given that it was a lower attendance, it didn't appear to make much difference to parking. I know that a few fans have used this car park - so I don't know how many people it affected. The entrances to the Green Park estate were open though.

....busiest I've seen the Green Pk exit roads after the match for many a yonk - didn't notice any 'plastic policemen' en garde on the northern access road before the game either, as mentioned above.

No sign (yet) of our preferred spots along Gillette Way being 'double yellow-lined', as fore-warned by Council notices but I expect it's only a matter of time.
Will only be an issue this season now for the Brum & PNE games, as Morrisons is OK for midweek matches.
paultheroyal Another mereoak success.

What will work for me if I go alone with the little lad is the fact I could leave my house at 2pm knowing I will be in my seat at 2:50pm.

Friends are continuing with regus. Still ok for them and no mention of what Clyde witnessed on Saturday.
Possibly it depends on what time you turn up - I arrived at 2:05, so they may have gone by the time that the main bulk of traffic arrived. The guard was specifically at the Regus multi-story car park and all the access roads were open when I got there. In the last few weeks, I've arrived around thirty minutes before kick-off and there hasn't been anyone there - so it is possible that they were gone before many people turned up.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Mar 2016 22:27

Ah cool - cheers. If anything this has opened up other avenues for me.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 22 Mar 2016 09:13

paultheroyal Ah cool - cheers. If anything this has opened up other avenues for me.

As one door closes another one opens.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Apr 2016 13:53

Didn't take The Holiday Inn long to cash in on the increased demand for parking in their area. Last night the price had increased from £7 to £8.

I hope the bloke collecting all of that money for them has demanded a similar increase in his wages.

Which is the cheapest parking now (not looking for free) within reasonable walking distance of the stadium?

250 posts