Jazz Cafe beer

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Jazz Cafe beer

by Silver Fox » 29 Nov 2016 15:19

If only someone would invent a way of watching things that weren't happening in the room you were in

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 29 Nov 2016 15:25

Hendo Yeah, I get where you're coming from, I just don't see the demand being there to make it a viable business option.

Maybe only in London? Manchester?

Reading, Pennsylvania?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2016 15:41

Green
Hendo Yeah, I get where you're coming from, I just don't see the demand being there to make it a viable business option.

Maybe only in London? Manchester?

Reading, Pennsylvania?

I think the demand would be there in Reading, PA.

Multiple interest for PA sport:

-Pittsburgh Steelers
-Pittsburgh Penguins
-Pittsburgh Pirates
-Philadelphia Eagles
-Philadelphia Flyers
-Philadelphia 76ers
-Philadelphia Union

And that is just the pros!

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 29 Nov 2016 15:57

North Somerset Royal Has the management or ownership of the Jazz changed? The reason I ask is that it seems to have really gone downhill of late. Yesterday for instance there was no Theakstones so I reluctantly had a Fosters. Then next round no Fosters so I switched to Amstell. That pint was undrinkable as it had that horrible sickly sweet taste referred to by the OP.
I then made the mistake of eating there. The food choice has become very limited of late and the meatballs I opted for were tepid to verging on cold and later in the day made their presence felt!

I have also noticed that whilst admittance was once restricted to ST holders plus in recent seasons being offered as a benefit of Star membership leaflets handed out around the ground and the boards outside now say that all home fans are welcome. I asked the stewards and they said that their instructions are simply to stop away fans entering although they didn't do a very good job of this yesterday as there were several City intruders.

Agreed on undrinkable draught. I had been supping the bottles of West Berks, but not been in there for last couple of homes games (been using the outside Royals Rendezvous area), so not sure if they are still on offer. The screens are shite and I last had grub in there when I had a jacket spud for a midweek cup game and I was the only bugger in there #loyalroyal

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Aug 2017 19:47

The Jazz Cafe excelled themselves last night.

Ordered a pint of Amstel. I sat down, quite surprised at how fizzy it looked.

I took a sip, and it had a horrible sweet taste to it. I had a second sip, and realised it was cider.

I took it back, and the girl behind the bar insisted that she'd poured from the right pump.

...and she had. Someone had hooked the Strongbow up to Amstel pump.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 17 Aug 2017 09:20

I had Amstel in the concourse the other day. It was like a Happy Shopper version of it.

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 17 Aug 2017 09:25

tmesis The Jazz Cafe excelled themselves last night.

I took a sip, and it had a horrible sweet taste to it. I had a second sip, and realised it was cider.

I took it back, and the girl behind the bar insisted that she'd poured from the right pump.

Tbf, with all these lager companies now producing a cider (or cidre) equivalent, I reckon someone has just assumed Amstel have followed suit.

Definitely the correct explanation.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 17 Aug 2017 14:54

The part I like about your story is that you sat down and had two swigs from the pint before you realized that it was cider. . .

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Aug 2017 19:36

Elm Park Kid

The part I like about your story is that you sat down and had two swigs from the pint before you realized that it was cider. . .

I used to drink Guinness in there, but stopped because sometimes it had a weird sweet/fruity taste to it. At first I thought it was the same thing, but had another sip as it wasn't quite the same, and I wanted to check.

I used to love cider, but can't touch the stuff now after one bad night on it when I was about 20. It seemed much sweeter than I remember it.

biff

by biff » 17 Aug 2017 21:28

I quite like it in there. Beer in a glass. Was oxf*rd cold in there t'other night though.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 22 Aug 2017 09:57

These August evenings can be a bit nippy TBF