Man Utd (A)

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Man Utd (A)

by jd82 » 16 Dec 2016 13:42

Quite tempted by this.. but £80+ on the rattler seems a bit excessive..

JIM

by JIM » 16 Dec 2016 15:24

If we manage a draw, can we charge the earth for manure supporters for the replay, ?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Dec 2016 16:06

We've already said we'll stick with our 20's Plenty policy for any replay. That would apply to both sets of fans.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 16 Dec 2016 23:25

Email sent to Manure email account

I think it is a disgrace that you are charging Reading fans £37-45 for FA Cup 3rd round tickets. At a time when everyone in football is trying to keep ticket costs down, there is always one greedy idiot in the party.

I can afford it easily but I am slowly turning my back on football due to sheer greed; I no longer go to England games due to ridiculous cost and out of principle I won’t go. I go to Reading games as they care about real fans and keep costs low.

Aren’t you embarrassed that my club is subsidising the supposedly richest club in the world by keeping the cost to £30; no Reading fan will pay over £30 and Reading FC will pay the difference.

Recently, I watched the Arsenal-Reading EFL cup game for £10 at the Emirates

Also, if there is a replay tickets at Reading are £20, which makes your greedy pricing structure even more laughable.

Pathetic, greedy club and don’t even bother with the supply and demand argument.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 16 Dec 2016 23:27

We should charge their pathetic fans £100 if there is a replay. Plus £1 million for their idiot directors and management

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 17 Dec 2016 00:38

Really want to go but thinking, £30 ticket, £65 train, not even had a drink. Maybe just go to the local, put £50 on us to win . Get proper ratarsed and if we win, cash in. Been there before and it's impressive but not that good!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Dec 2016 09:44

As a STH who has hasn't been to an away game for 2 years and has at least 3500 points, given how many we took to Leeds on Tuesday night this is generosity most of us don't deserve.

Frankly, subsidising 5000 glory hunters, most of whom will be at the front of the queue demanding the club spend money it hasn't got in the upcoming transfer window, is a massive gesture and subsidising an even bigger allocation would have been an outrage. The money should have been spent giving free days out for the 150? who made it to Elland Road, the few hundred who will be at Blackburn and all those who made it to dumps like Wigan.

We need an Old Trafford full of fans paying the market rate to help fund our promotion push and most of our hypocritical whingers should do what they normally do given the chance by spending the day at home in front of the telly.

Hobnob meltdown commence :|

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Dec 2016 10:40

The money spent on the ticket subsidy is utterly insignificant in terms of the January transfer window.

I do think there is an arguement to say why not have an away season ticket priced at £20 per match to reward those who travel regularly. For the club to implement (in a token way) the Twenty's Plenty for our fans would be excellent PR. Take up would be limited, therefore expense fairly minimal, but would be another nice gesture by the club.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 17 Dec 2016 22:01

Nameless The money spent on the ticket subsidy is utterly insignificant in terms of the January transfer window.

I do think there is an arguement to say why not have an away season ticket priced at £20 per match to reward those who travel regularly. For the club to implement (in a token way) the Twenty's Plenty for our fans would be excellent PR. Take up would be limited, therefore expense fairly minimal, but would be another nice gesture by the club.

It's a better arrangement than letting in 4,000 away fans for £20 a ticket when we don't get the same in return.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Dec 2016 23:50

Woodcote Royal As a STH who has hasn't been to an away game for 2 years and has at least 3500 points, given how many we took to Leeds on Tuesday night this is generosity most of us don't deserve.

Frankly, subsidising 5000 glory hunters, most of whom will be at the front of the queue demanding the club spend money it hasn't got in the upcoming transfer window, is a massive gesture and subsidising an even bigger allocation would have been an outrage. The money should have been spent giving free days out for the 150? who made it to Elland Road, the few hundred who will be at Blackburn and all those who made it to dumps like Wigan.

We need an Old Trafford full of fans paying the market rate to help fund our promotion push and most of our hypocritical whingers should do what they normally do given the chance by spending the day at home in front of the telly.

Indeed, Wooders.

oxf*rd having to earn a living.
Last edited by sandman on 18 Dec 2016 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Dec 2016 07:13

Winchester Royal
Nameless The money spent on the ticket subsidy is utterly insignificant in terms of the January transfer window.

It's a better arrangement than letting in 4,000 away fans for £20 a ticket when we don't get the same in return.

We get £20 for home games though...
So RFC have managed to give equality for us every home game with any matching away games as a bonus !
I suspect it may be next season before we see other clubs doing the £20 thing, I hope any new owners keep doing this stuff for us though.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Dec 2016 08:39

Woodcote Royal As a STH who has hasn't been to an away game for 2 years and has at least 3500 points, given how many we took to Leeds on Tuesday night this is generosity most of us don't deserve.

Idiot

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Dec 2016 10:08

Woodcote Royal

As a hypocritical whinger you won't be an Old Trafford then. You'll watch the game on the box. Why break a tradition of not attending away games. :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Dec 2016 09:10

Think I'm IN! x 4. Said my payment failed, but it's still showing up in my order history.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 19 Dec 2016 09:13

Pepe the Horseman Think I'm IN! x 4. Said my payment failed, but it's still showing up in my order history.

same. do we assume its gone through as not letting us buy again :?:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Dec 2016 09:17

"You are in a queue" :x

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Dec 2016 09:18

Rea Ding
Pepe the Horseman Think I'm IN! x 4. Said my payment failed, but it's still showing up in my order history.

Yeh, I reckon just turn up on the day and hope for the best.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 19 Dec 2016 09:20

Pepe the Horseman
Rea Ding

no confirmation email is a worry but don't you worry the money has defo gone through so lets hope.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Dec 2016 09:21

genome "You are in a queue" :x

You can get straight on on your phone. It might not take your payment though...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Dec 2016 09:22

Rea Ding
Pepe the Horseman
Rea Ding same. do we assume its gone through as not letting us buy again :?:

no confirmation email is a worry but don't you worry the money has defo gone through so lets hope.

Yeh, got an order number etc in order history, so think we should be ok. I'll give them a call later just to be sure.