Huddersfield (a)

George_

Re: Huddersfield (a)

by George_ » 17 Feb 2017 11:55

Fans will be able to pay on the day in Huddersfield at no extra cost next Tuesday - £20 Adults, £15 65&O, £5 17&U:

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 19 Feb 2017 12:33

CountryRoyal
gdroyal Just rang the ticket office to buy a ticket for a uni mate. Said they've sold only 200 as of 2pm.

Anyone that wants to bemoan anyone who gets "embarrassed" by certain aspects of one's support eat your heart out at this.

That is fukking embarrassing, not even selling out your already initial piddly allocation in a game like this? Utterly atrocious. I know it's a Tuesday night but come the fukk on. Genuinely thought we'd sell the 500 with ease and take closer to 750-1k. How naive am I.

Hope you pcunts have a great day out at Brighton you fairweather bastards.

I know of people at work who are starting to block book home games and get the odd sexy game like Brighton in their basket to ensure they have enough member points for play off tickets. Makes me fume.

I'll be there Tuesday. Is there still decent parking near by?? I'll be coming from Nottingham (planned a meeting there for this) and can justify a tenner to park safely.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Feb 2017 13:19

It's almost like different people have different priorities.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Feb 2017 14:59

ronnyroyal
CountryRoyal
gdroyal Just rang the ticket office to buy a ticket for a uni mate. Said they've sold only 200 as of 2pm.

Anyone that wants to bemoan anyone who gets "embarrassed" by certain aspects of one's support eat your heart out at this.

That is fukking embarrassing, not even selling out your already initial piddly allocation in a game like this? Utterly atrocious. I know it's a Tuesday night but come the fukk on. Genuinely thought we'd sell the 500 with ease and take closer to 750-1k. How naive am I.

I know of people at work who are starting to block book home games and get the odd sexy game like Brighton in their basket to ensure they have enough member points for play off tickets. Makes me fume.

I'll be there Tuesday. Is there still decent parking near by?? I'll be coming from Nottingham (planned a meeting there for this) and can justify a tenner to park safely.

I'd recommend the site JustPark.com - you can pay a homeowner to use their free car parking space for a set amount of time.

I did this for the Cup game against Portsmouth. About £5 for 4 hours I think and the car was in a quiet cul-de-sac on the driveway of the house.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Feb 2017 15:13

Platypuss It's almost like different people have different priorities.

Indeed.
Odd to get all shirty about people actually going to some games, just because they aren't going to some other games....
I'm not going on Tuesday, or to Brighton. I've got other things to do....

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 19 Feb 2017 15:59

bobby1413
ronnyroyal
CountryRoyal

I'd recommend the site JustPark.com - you can pay a homeowner to use their free car parking space for a set amount of time.

I did this for the Cup game against Portsmouth. About £5 for 4 hours I think and the car was in a quiet cul-de-sac on the driveway of the house.

Ta. I've used it in London tbf. Wasn't sure of the technology north of the Watford Gap :lol: :lol:

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 19 Feb 2017 16:06

Nameless
Platypuss It's almost like different people have different priorities.

Indeed.
Odd to get all shirty about people actually going to some games, just because they aren't going to some other games....
I'm not going on Tuesday, or to Brighton. I've got other things to do....

No shirtyness here my dears , I was clear and specific about whom my gripe was aimed at... and said co-workers have also been informed of my annoyance. Yes I am very popular amongst the 'eurgh I sit in Y26 mate.... once... last year.... my uni mate had a spare seat.' Type followers.

I agree people have different priorities platypussy, but I see the selective nature of picking up members points toward the end of the season for play off games as naughty. But hey, who am I to air that on a football forum.

You condescending, moderator when you feel like it, twerp.

RR.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Feb 2017 19:26

Still don't really understand the issue.
There are spare seats at the stadium, people are buying tickets to sit in those seats.
While it would be great if the ground was sold out for every single game I can't see why having empty seats for the remaining home games is better than having people sat in those seats....
I hope your expression of disapproval hasn't put anyone off going - that would be rather self defeating.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Feb 2017 20:59

Also, if they've got the points why should they not get tickets, anyone missing out as a result is surely even more fairweather?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Feb 2017 10:21

Well 200 odd fans there tonight.. we are going to get a right laughing at.

Its not Middlesbrough or Newcastle far, half as far as Dortmund is. Enjoy just Brighton then. I will be at both games

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Feb 2017 12:22

Royal_jimmy Well 200 odd fans there tonight.. we are going to get a right laughing at.

Its not Middlesbrough or Newcastle far, half as far as Dortmund is. Enjoy just Brighton then. I will be at both games

and I'll be at neither, why are you so hung up on our away attendances?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Feb 2017 13:24

Who really cares? Most Reading fans have these things known as jobs which means we can't, as much as we may want to, get to Huddersfield for a 19:45 kick off. We also aren't like a Newcastle who have fans dotted all over the Country and can therefore add a few more hundred on to the away attendance.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Feb 2017 13:56

Indeed - and dare I say most Reading fans are more likely to have white-collar, Monday-Friday, 9-5 jobs that make journeying up to Huddersfield for a 7.45 k/o and then be back in work at 9am the next day challenging/impossible.

I don't think any fan who falls into the above category should be called 'fair weather' or 'embarrassing'. Applaud those who make the effort, and bemoan the FL for arranging 400 mile round journeys for Tuesday nights, for sure - but getting all upset at the idea that a few Brighton fans are going to post their customary tripe on twitter about our small away following is a little over the top IMHO.

George_

by George_ » 21 Feb 2017 14:35

winchester_royal Applaud those who make the effort, and bemoan the FL for arranging 400 mile round journeys for Tuesday nights, for sure

It was meant to be last Saturday TBF

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Feb 2017 15:38

George_
winchester_royal Applaud those who make the effort, and bemoan the FL for arranging 400 mile round journeys for Tuesday nights, for sure

It was meant to be last Saturday TBF

Ah yes, and a late rearrangement makes it even harder for those with jobs to book holiday in advance so they can make it to the game.

Good point George.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Feb 2017 15:49

And, let's face it, watching Reading is pretty turgid stuff this season even with the reasonable success the results have so far produced. I have heard people say that they're actually quite thankful their personal circumstances prevent them from getting to watch every game :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Feb 2017 16:36

Would 100% have gone if this was going to be on a Saturday. Tbf, if this was a midweek in March I would be going as well.

With the situation with work at the moment, I can't take any AL in February, that is just a fact.

But my god, I am a total embarrassment to myself and the club.

IMO, anyone who gets concerned about what other fans post onto social media needs to re-evaluate certain things...

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Feb 2017 10:48

Club owners treat football as an investment, players treat it as a wage, tv companies treat it as a product. Why should fans be the only ones that are supposed to make sacrifices for the sport?

Going to Huddersfield means taking half a day off work, spending money and time travelling up, risking poor weather (luckily the game was yesterday and not tomorrow) and getting home in the early hours all to watch a game where the result isn't really that important in the grand scheme of the season (we're not finishing top 2, we're probably in the play offs). It's not exactly a positive experience for fans.

So why do it? "Club loyalty" you say? That died back in May last year when we fired a manager who loved the club and have a proven track record 6 months into his job.

Lets put it this way - in the past we've had ACTUAL PLAYERS that refused to go to away games that were too far away. I struggle to criticize today's fans for making the same decision.