From April 1st OAP`s have to pay on Football buses

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: From April 1st OAP`s have to pay on Football buses

by The Royal Forester » 06 Apr 2017 14:18

St Pauli They'll have paid a lot less in beer, fuel, fag and va tax than the young currently pay.

I have been paying the same rate of tax on the above items ever since you started paying them. I also started paying taxes in the mid 1950's. How many extra years have I been paying taxes than you have?
In response to your reply dated 4th. April, where have I stated OAP's should be able to get to football free/cheap? I was only pointing out that 50 years of paying tax for the items you mentioned, surely equates to me having paid more tax than a youngster has.

I do not think think it is right for a person (whatever their age) should be saddled with Uni debts for probably most of their working lives.

I was not "up in arms" about you your teaching pension as I did not know about it.

Housing benefits can also affect the older generation as well as young families.

Although I get a state pension, I still have to pay tax because I am in receipt of a private pension, so I also have to pay huge amounts of tax for social care.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 06 Apr 2017 14:48

The Royal Forester
St Pauli They'll have paid a lot less in beer, fuel, fag and va tax than the young currently pay.

I have been paying the same rate of tax on the above items ever since you started paying them. I also started paying taxes in the mid 1950's. How many extra years have I been paying taxes than you have?
In response to your reply dated 4th. April, where have I stated OAP's should be able to get to football free/cheap? I was only pointing out that 50 years of paying tax for the items you mentioned, surely equates to me having paid more tax than a youngster has.

I do not think think it is right for a person (whatever their age) should be saddled with Uni debts for probably most of their working lives.

I was not "up in arms" about you your teaching pension as I did not know about it.

Housing benefits can also affect the older generation as well as young families.

Although I get a state pension, I still have to pay tax because I am in receipt of a private pension, so I also have to pay huge amounts of tax for social care.

Excellent, you seem like a decent sort. I'll let you know next time there is a petition or protest over cuts to the public sector.

On the issue of you paying more tax over your lifetime.

Here's the issue, witg regard to paying taxes over your lifetime. If you started paying NI in the 50s you probably did this knowing that the deal was you'd get a pension at 60-65.

I'm currently paying it knowing I'll not get that, knowing I'll probably get next to no state pension the way the country's going.

In my work pension plan I'm currently paying the same as older colleagues on better deals, and we're both paying for retired baby boomers who are on even better deals, some of whom at my work place were quite happy to scab in the pension campaign knowing that they'd not be hurt by the changes.

'Thanks for fighting the war and the free uni dad, thanks for paying for my retirement son, but strike for you to have the same deal? Nah.'

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Apr 2017 15:19

^Did those pensioners you mention waste their working day on hob nob?^

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Apr 2017 16:01

I still struggle to quite work out why OAPs are given such special treatment on this. It is good from the club again, but just giving away blanket benefits to OAPs I'm not so sure about.

3 Quid for a 5 year old, but 1 for a 65 year old doesn't sound especially fair to me personally, but I guess thats because I'm not the 65 year old and I bring 2/3 kids along

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Aug 2017 16:12

I have just read that the FI bus fares have been reduced to £2 return(£1 concessions). Congratulations to the club on this initiative.