double d

Re: Stewards - "siiiiit down!!!"

by double d » 08 Mar 2017 08:31

It was fine nobody told me to sit

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 08 Mar 2017 08:40

I see common sense finally prevailed in Y25/26 last night then.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 Mar 2017 08:57

And it made for a much better atmosphere.

The matchday experience was enjoyable again.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Mar 2017 09:42

loyalroyaldaz Im have no desire to stand and im sure i would be pissed off if those in front of me stood up but if they do they do so i have to stand to see as well.
!

just sit somewhere sitty

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 08 Mar 2017 10:48

It's the knobs who go to say Fulham away, get a ticket in the upper part and then moan about standing that does my nut in

Last season at MK Dons when we took around 4000 there - there was a family of four there. Two adults and two teenage boys about 14. They moaned to stewards about standing and wanted to sit with their blanket covering their legs

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Mar 2017 16:07

bobby1413 It's the knobs who go to say Fulham away, get a ticket in the upper part and then moan about standing that does my nut in

Last season at MK Dons when we took around 4000 there - there was a family of four there. Two adults and two teenage boys about 14. They moaned to stewards about standing and wanted to sit with their blanket covering their legs

Usually though you get a ticket at an away game and have no control over where it is in the stand so if you are an old person or child and your seat is behind a load of thoughtless people who want to stand all game they have every right to complain.

No problems with standing but those who do it in all seater stadia should have thought to those behind them.

The sooner proper safe standing areas come back to all league grounds the better.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 08 Mar 2017 16:21

bobby1413 wrote:
It's the knobs who go to say Fulham away, get a ticket in the upper part and then moan about standing that does my nut in

Sutekh wrote:
Usually though you get a ticket at an away game and have no control over where it is in the stand so if you are an old person or child and your seat is behind a load of thoughtless people who want to stand all game they have every right to complain.

No problems with standing but those who do it in all seater stadia should have thought to those behind them.

The sooner proper safe standing areas come back to all league grounds the better.

Totally agree :wink: They've got them in Germany, so why not here?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Mar 2017 18:28

I stood at Elm Park for 30 years and endured plenty of dire, soulless, non atmospheric performances and all the spectators were standing.

How come?

While there are seats, sit down you selfish twats. :)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Mar 2017 09:37

I'm sure there is an element of fans who just want to rebel against authority and feel they can do so as they are part of a group - Maybe if the stewards told them to stand they would refuse? At the same time, tell them to behave like tw@ts and maybe they will do the opposite for a change?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Mar 2017 12:51

I did some work as a madejski steward a few years back so i could watch soke games for free hehe... which is ironic because I'd usually be the biggest perpetrator of standing crimes when just watching normally.

The club has to abide by rules and that downloads onto stewards who have to do their job. As long as it's done using half a brain cell it's fine. Fans would respect us as we'd never be rude just ask politely and reasonably when going on for too long.

I don't know what its like now, if some stewards aren't rfc fans or if they have authority abuse syndrome i don't know.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Mar 2017 14:03

Most stewards these days are agency staff. Advantage is they aren't interested in the football so actually do their job rather than watching the games, disadvantage is there is no continuity or consistency.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 25 Mar 2017 14:07

Nameless Most stewards these days are agency staff. Advantage is they aren't interested in the football so actually do their job rather than watching the games, disadvantage is there is no continuity or consistency.

I'd always assumed the head stewards who I see around Y25/away part all the time and at away games would have briefed them or at least provided some guidance.

E.g. "Fans in this area stand up often. We have a relaxed view on this, particularly as today is a home game against Wigan and so there isn't going to be any issues, friction or large volumes of opposition fans", etc....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Mar 2017 14:30

They do.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Apr 2017 17:49

Today was the first time I've seen the stewards move in to remove a pigeon from the stadium. True, he was standing up, and running through Y25 with no thought to health & safety, but it's still a first.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Apr 2017 09:21

I saw lots of away fans standing up yesterday! Don't they care about blocking the view for all their fellow fans? :D :wink: