Season ticket renewals 17/18

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Season ticket renewals 17/18

by PieEater » 10 Mar 2017 08:02

Email from the club saying click below for full pricing details....
I click for some more details that prices are announced, click here for prices..
I click with more details of flavours of season tickets, click here for prices
Then finally you get the page that was promised from the original link, £350 for the East stand.

Annoying Clickbait :roll:
But I'll probably renew

Delboy

by Delboy » 10 Mar 2017 09:51

Great pricing, 5 of us renewing, getting a new season ticket for my grand daughter (10) she has attended two home games and loved it!
Well done RFC.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Mar 2017 10:42

3points
WAZZOCK
3points Hmm, the cynic in me immediately thought cash flow issues as it is very early to be doing renewals. And the price reduction just increases that concern for me as they are trying to get as many people to commit as soon as possible with excellent pricing (especially as my ticket in the ED went down last year as well)

You need to have a word with your cynicism, because all you've serve to do there is turn a very positive gesture from the club into something negative.

We are about three weeks earlier than normal, so it's hardly a massive change. Why does the club trying to get more fans in concern you out of interest? Surely this is exactly what they should be doing, and Is a continuation of the commitment they've shown over the last few years about trying to make watching football as affordable as possible?

I've worked with financially troubled companies for over 20 years. Early promotions of a standard priced product is a classic sign of cashflow issues. I hope I am wrong. I would have thought though, given our current position in the play-offs, they may have waited a little longer but I guess they can significantly increase the prices for any new ST holders.

Or is it more of a case of selling whilst value is inflated. With the carrot being dangled of possible promotion, whilst in reality it's fairly unlikely as not only could we still fall out of play off position we still would have the lottery of the play offs.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 10 Mar 2017 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Mar 2017 10:55

done.

Extra 100 quid for early bird is a good saving. 750 for 4 of us for the season is great value to be honest, esp when they will undoubtedly throw in a few vouchers etc for the club shop

Worthwhile to ensure get decent seats every game, and have enjoyed this season a great deal, and think there is plenty enough in the squad to suggest next year should be good as well

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Mar 2017 11:15

Jagermesiter1871
3points
WAZZOCK
You need to have a word with your cynicism, because all you've serve to do there is turn a very positive gesture from the club into something negative.

We are about three weeks earlier than normal, so it's hardly a massive change. Why does the club trying to get more fans in concern you out of interest? Surely this is exactly what they should be doing, and Is a continuation of the commitment they've shown over the last few years about trying to make watching football as affordable as possible?

I've worked with financially troubled companies for over 20 years. Early promotions of a standard priced product is a classic sign of cashflow issues. I hope I am wrong. I would have thought though, given our current position in the play-offs, they may have waited a little longer but I guess they can significantly increase the prices for any new ST holders.

Or is it more of a case of selling whilst price is inflated. With the carrot being dangled of possible promotion, whilst in reality it's fairly unlikely as not only could we still fall out of play off position we still would have the lottery of the play offs.

Hard to see how the prices could be called inflated !

Surely this is just standard practice when a team is in with a chance of promotion ? Of course it assists cash flow but I suspect a football club is a rather different animal to companies the OP has worked with. Multiple deadlines, multiple possible outcomes.
The news coming from journalists that the takeover is still very much on also suggests that any idea this is some kind of panic measure is unlikely.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Mar 2017 11:33

305 quid for a season ticket that possibly could be for premier league football? Fantastic deal, not surprised to see at least one person create a conspiracy theory

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 10 Mar 2017 11:39

Hound done.

Extra 100 quid for early bird is a good saving. 750 for 4 of us for the season is great value to be honest, esp when they will undoubtedly throw in a few vouchers etc for the club shop

Worthwhile to ensure get decent seats every game, and have enjoyed this season a great deal, and think there is plenty enough in the squad to suggest next year should be good as well

Good solid positive post.

More of these please!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Mar 2017 11:42

Nameless
Jagermesiter1871
3points I've worked with financially troubled companies for over 20 years. Early promotions of a standard priced product is a classic sign of cashflow issues. I hope I am wrong. I would have thought though, given our current position in the play-offs, they may have waited a little longer but I guess they can significantly increase the prices for any new ST holders.

Or is it more of a case of selling whilst price is inflated. With the carrot being dangled of possible promotion, whilst in reality it's fairly unlikely as not only could we still fall out of play off position we still would have the lottery of the play offs.

Hard to see how the prices could be called inflated !

Surely this is just standard practice when a team is in with a chance of promotion ? Of course it assists cash flow but I suspect a football club is a rather different animal to companies the OP has worked with. Multiple deadlines, multiple possible outcomes.
The news coming from journalists that the takeover is still very much on also suggests that any idea this is some kind of panic measure is unlikely.

Sorry it should have read value not price.

It is standard practice. Cashing in when you're overvalued. I'm not knocking the club in the sightest mind.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Mar 2017 11:56

3points Hmm, the cynic in me immediately thought cash flow issues as it is very early to be doing renewals. And the price reduction just increases that concern for me as they are trying to get as many people to commit as soon as possible with excellent pricing (especially as my ticket in the ED went down last year as well)

Oh no - ownership has fallen through

Oh no - VAT bill needs paying - we are being conned - club need our money in advance

Our future depends on Premier League football - we must beat Preston

Season ticket early bird - this confirms it - we are doomed

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Mar 2017 12:07

:lol:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 10 Mar 2017 12:46

Jagermesiter1871

It is standard practice. Cashing in when you're overvalued. I'm not knocking the club in the sightest mind.

Maybe you should compare our ST prices with others in the league.. and then suggest we are over valued. If the club were cashing in they could easily have justified a price increase.

Leeds ST pricing:
Adult highest: £629
Lowest £398
Average: £502.25

Huddersfield ST price:
Adult: £400
U18: £200

Sheffield Wednesday:
Adult Highest: £640
Lowest: £455
Average: £551.25

Brighton:
Adult Highest: £740
Lowest: £475
Average: £592.00

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 10 Mar 2017 12:48

IMO anyone thinking this is anything but the cub trying to increase footfall to the stadium is deluded.

This is a fantastic gesture. We are the only club to offer pricing for 18-24 from the 4 I sampled above and we are comfortably the lowest priced ST.

For any 18-24 year olds it will cost £5.21 per home game next year!!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Mar 2017 14:10

Adult prices work out at a bit over £13 per game in the ED. Unless the club folds in the summer and the owners run off with our cash that is stunning value even before you factor in any special offers they throw at us during the season.
I'd even suggest they are under pricing the tickets, but until the stadium is full every week that is at best arguable !

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Mar 2017 14:41

Will be renewing next week after getting paid.

100% in, even without the reduction in ticket prices, which is a fantastic gesture by the club.

But as SF said, I am not surprised to see the conspiracy theorists give their two-penneth on this!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 Mar 2017 16:56

The Reverend Didn't Cardiff do this a season or two back to pay off a loan?

Cashflow problems at the Mad?

As I recall Cardiff did it in Nov/Dec with the excuse of investing in the team in January for a promotion push. After getting everyone's money they then decided they had some more important bills to pay and signed no one of note, and didn't get promotion.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Mar 2017 18:02

Swindon ( who may well be heading for league 2). Are quoting £375 for renewals before 31st March. New season tickets after 1st May are priced at £450!.

Puts Readings pricing policy into perspective. Better to fill empty seats than play at home in a stadium devoid of atmosphere.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Season ticket renewals 17/

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Mar 2017 18:39

In but only the 4th family member to sign up :shock:

Have to concur with those pointing out that such offers are the norm when appropriate.

It should be obvious to those in possession of modest financial expertise that the close season is not a good time for cashflow and most clubs try to smooth things out where they can.

My £420 in the UW could still provide a whole season of top flight football and junior family members would get the same for a fraction of the price.

This is a reward for loyal fans that has been extended to member card holders so even most of our whinging boo boys/stay aways could benefit. It's just a case of removing those blinkers.

Great PR from RFC.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Mar 2017 19:13

People complain about attendances, club offers a great incentive, and people complain. :|

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Mar 2017 08:48

genome People complain about attendances, club offers a great incentive, and people complain. :|

It's the Reading way.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Mar 2017 08:59

LWJ
Jagermesiter1871

Maybe you should compare our ST prices with others in the league.. and then suggest we are over valued. If the club were cashing in they could easily have justified a price increase.

Leeds ST pricing:
Adult highest: £629
Lowest £398
Average: £502.25

Huddersfield ST price:
Adult: £400
U18: £200

Sheffield Wednesday:
Adult Highest: £640
Lowest: £455
Average: £551.25

Brighton:
Adult Highest: £740
Lowest: £475
Average: £592.00

Overvalued relative to our own stock. Selling tickets in 3 months time when we're guaranteed Championship football and nothing more will be harder than selling tickets now when the POTENTIAL of Premier League football is there.

Fairplay to the club though. We all want more fans in attendance and cheaper tickets should help.