Norwich Away - 8th April

UpThePrem

Norwich Away - 8th April

by UpThePrem » 24 Mar 2017 09:23

Tickets for this fixture will go on general sale at 9am on Monday 20th March 2017 and will remain on sale, subject to availability, until midday on Friday 7th April 2017.

Prices
Adult: £25
65 & Over: £15
12 to 17: £10
11 and Under: £5

Allocation
Our initial allocation for this fixture is 920.
Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/tickets/away ... 3rU4qZL.99

INx2

Surprised a thread for this hadn't been started already. Norwich finally realised they were charging too much. £25 not too bad.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Norwich Away - 8th April

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Mar 2017 09:49

£25 is certainly what I would consider the upper band of reasonable pricing for a ticket at this level, so fair play, I still won't be going but fair play on the price.

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 24 Mar 2017 10:37

tidus_mi2 £25 is certainly what I would consider the upper band of reasonable pricing for a ticket at this level, so fair play, I still won't be going but fair play on the price.

Agree - anything over £25 annoys me.

In for this one - away game number 20 of the season (all comps)

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 24 Mar 2017 12:09

OUT unfortunately due to work. Ends 15 aways in a row for me. :cry:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Mar 2017 14:35

OUT for this.

Picking Villa over this due to ease of getting there. Driven to Norwich once, don't plan on doing it again any time soon.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Mar 2017 15:52

Anyone know why I can`t find any direct online train services from London for this one? everything looks to be going via Cambridge.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Mar 2017 17:45

windermereROYAL Anyone know why I can`t find any direct online train services from London for this one? everything looks to be going via Cambridge.

Crossrail works mean no trains between Liverpool St and Ingatestown/Billericay - it's replaced by a bus service. The Norwich line from Liverpool St goes that way, so I guess it's faster to go via Cambridge.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Mar 2017 18:30

INcest

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 29 Mar 2017 15:35

Anyone got any recommendations for street parking or charity car parks? Somewhere south-west of Carrow Road would be perfect or am I best going for the Norfolk County Council car park and hoping for a quick getaway.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 05 Apr 2017 13:18

Apparently away fans are not allowed by the Riverside complex and restaurants, anybody know if this is true? I'll be hank by the time I get to Norwich

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Apr 2017 15:55

AirRaidSiren Apparently away fans are not allowed by the Riverside complex and restaurants, anybody know if this is true? I'll be hank by the time I get to Norwich

No that isn't true. If you're reasonably behaved you'll be perfectly welcome. There's a big spoons, numerous bars and restaurants if you turn left out of the station. It's the full plastic experience. Those ITK will know the best thing to do is turn right out of the station, up Thorpe Road and into the welcoming arms of the Coach and Horses about 400 yards up the hill which has its own brewery attached, does proper grub, and will be full of decent home fans if you want a bit of friendly bants.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 05 Apr 2017 16:02

Norfolk Royal
AirRaidSiren Apparently away fans are not allowed by the Riverside complex and restaurants, anybody know if this is true? I'll be hank by the time I get to Norwich

No that isn't true. If you're reasonably behaved you'll be perfectly welcome. There's a big spoons, numerous bars and restaurants if you turn left out of the station. It's the full plastic experience. Those ITK will know the best thing to do is turn right out of the station, up Thorpe Road and into the welcoming arms of the Coach and Horses about 400 yards up the hill which has its own brewery attached, does proper grub, and will be full of decent home fans if you want a bit of friendly bants.

*cough Norfolk Royal*

Whore Jackie Anyone got any recommendations for street parking or charity car parks? Somewhere south-west of Carrow Road would be perfect or am I best going for the Norfolk County Council car park and hoping for a quick getaway.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 06 Apr 2017 07:25

Norfolk Royal

Thank you. I am a good boy and look forward to spending some time in Norwich before the game.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 06 Apr 2017 07:31

Out for this.The rail fare is a joke.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 06 Apr 2017 07:51

Norfolk Royal

What about if you're one of the firm? Where should me and my crew go?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Apr 2017 09:24

bobby1413
Norfolk Royal

What about if you're one of the firm? Where should me and my crew go?

Back to the 70s/80s?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Apr 2017 09:30

Whore Jackie
Norfolk Royal

*cough Norfolk Royal*

Whore Jackie Anyone got any recommendations for street parking or charity car parks? Somewhere south-west of Carrow Road would be perfect or am I best going for the Norfolk County Council car park and hoping for a quick getaway.

If you want to get back on the A 11 quickly via the Norwich southern bypass the county council car park would probably be best but it is pretty congested at the roundabout onto it after games and fills up reasonably quickly before so should get there a bit early. There is a park and ride off the Thickthorn roundabout which is the big one on the A 11 just before you get into Norwich which would take you to the rail station by bus which is very close to the ground and put you straight back on the A 11 on your return although I'm not sure where the return bus pick up point is, probably at Castle Meadow in the centre of Norwich or at the station bus stops. If you wanted to be really clever you could park at Wymondham railway station which is off the A 11 around five miles before you get into Norwich and take the short train ride in then return after the game. It's on the Norwich/Cambridge line so quite frequent service although check times.

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 07 Apr 2017 10:06

Touch over 650 sold as of Tuesday night

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Apr 2017 10:12

Having just looked at the bus timetable at the station it would appear the Park and Ride from the Thickthorn roundabout as you come into Norwich is bus stop CW on the way back. That would mean on the way in it would drop you right in the centre of Norwich from which it is a ten-minute walk to the ground, and on the way back you'd walk back into the centre then pick up the return journey at the corresponding bus stop on the other side of the road if that's any help, in Castle Meadow/Red Lion St.

An off the wall one which I would be tempted to do if I was driving from Reading would be to park in the capacious car parks at the University of East Anglia which can be reached off the ring road easily and then take the 25 bus which would take you to the railway station (the most popular route in Norwich) and then catch the same 25 bus back from the station after the game to the UEA.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 07 Apr 2017 10:13

26-10-06 Touch over 650 sold as of Tuesday night

Absolutely woeful!

IN X3