Norwich Away - 8th April

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Norwich Away - 8th April

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Apr 2017 11:57

I might add that the designated pub for away fans is always The Compleat Angler which is a big boozer quite decent enough and can be seen from the station forecourt just over the road to the right, has a terrace overlooking River Wensum.

Pubs to avoid? If I was wearing colours I would avoid The Steam Packet on Rose Lane and Roccos bar on Prince of Wales Road. I would probably give The Murderers a swerve if I was in the city centre as well although that is a well good boozer.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 07 Apr 2017 12:15

Norfolk Royal Having just looked at the bus timetable at the station it would appear the Park and Ride from the Thickthorn roundabout as you come into Norwich is bus stop CW on the way back. That would mean on the way in it would drop you right in the centre of Norwich from which it is a ten-minute walk to the ground, and on the way back you'd walk back into the centre then pick up the return journey at the corresponding bus stop on the other side of the road if that's any help, in Castle Meadow/Red Lion St.

An off the wall one which I would be tempted to do if I was driving from Reading would be to park in the capacious car parks at the University of East Anglia which can be reached off the ring road easily and then take the 25 bus which would take you to the railway station (the most popular route in Norwich) and then catch the same 25 bus back from the station after the game to the UEA.

Thanks NR, much appreciated.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 07 Apr 2017 13:07

madreadingfan
26-10-06 Touch over 650 sold as of Tuesday night

Absolutely woeful!

IN X3

normally I would say so too, but with Liverpool Str. station closed its a ball ache to get too without a 4 hr train journey each way

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 08 Apr 2017 08:50

Heads up for those driving to Norwich, there is a major fire at a petrol station on the A11 just before you start driving through Elvedon forest and the road is closed in both directions and whilst I've no idea how long it will be shut, a fire at a petrol station doesn't sound like a 5 minute job.