Petition

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
double d

Petition

by double d » 27 Apr 2017 22:55

Having been to some game recently in other countries and had non segregated seating and beer allowed in the seats i going to start a petition to see of RFC board will allow this, especially now that football is becoming big in China I feel that they would be receptive to this especially if I say it can be Chinese beer in the ground? The atmousphere is a lot better and there are barely any fights at all. Who is with me?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Petition

by Scutterbucketz » 27 Apr 2017 23:01

double d Having been to some game recently in other countries and had non segregated seating and beer allowed in the seats i going to start a petition to see of RFC board will allow this, especially now that football is becoming big in China I feel that they would be receptive to this especially if I say it can be Chinese beer in the ground? The atmousphere is a lot better and there are barely any fights at all. Who is with me?

Have you been drinking already?

It's not Readings decision to make.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 Apr 2017 23:04

Yeah defo. They should let us bring in crates of Skol. We're all Reading ain't we. Am I right lads? Blarmy!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 Apr 2017 23:05

On a serious note I'd be all for being able to drink in the seated bowl... But it's never going to happen

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2017 00:35

It's possible to enjoy a beer in your seat for almost every match in this country.
Rugby fans do it, cricket fans do it, tennis fans do it, motor racing fans do it.
Shame football fans still show no sign of actually being grown up enough to be allowed to do it !

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 28 Apr 2017 11:18

Bloody tennis fans, so smug with their drinks in their seats.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Apr 2017 11:46

double d Having been to some game recently in other countries and had non segregated seating and beer allowed in the seats i going to start a petition to see of RFC board will allow this, especially now that football is becoming big in China I feel that they would be receptive to this especially if I say it can be Chinese beer in the ground? The atmousphere is a lot better and there are barely any fights at all. Who is with me?

Go to non-league games m8

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 Apr 2017 12:06

Nameless It's possible to enjoy a beer in your seat for almost every match in this country.
Rugby fans do it, cricket fans do it, tennis fans do it, motor racing fans do it.
Shame football fans still show no sign of actually being grown up enough to be allowed to do it !

When were they given the opportunity to prove themselves?

The idea that stands across England are going to erupt in an orgy of violence if the serve beer throughout the game is massively outdated. A hangover from our long gone hooligan days of the 1970s and 80s.

Unfortunately it's difficult to see a time when things will change as there's no real financial motivation for the FA or clubs to do it. Yes they'd make money from selling weak, expensive piss water, but it wouldn't be worth the potential trouble that could be caused and related fines.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 28 Apr 2017 12:37

Scutterbucketz
Nameless It's possible to enjoy a beer in your seat for almost every match in this country.

The idea that stands across England are going to erupt in an orgy of violence if the serve beer throughout the game is massively outdated. A hangover from our long gone hooligan days of the 1970s and 80s.

Unfortunately it's difficult to see a time when things will change as there's no real financial motivation for the FA or clubs to do it. Yes they'd make money from selling weak, expensive piss water, but it wouldn't be worth the potential trouble that could be caused and related fines.

So in one sentence you say the thinking is outdated, then in the next you say there's still potential for trouble? We all know that for some reason football attracts a demographic that see it as an opportunity for a scrap. Why put others at risk in that situation?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2017 12:48

the one thing I don't really get is you are allowed to drink in the concourse. It inevitably means anyone buying one will down it as quick as possible so they don't miss the game. Not only is that not especially pleasant to have to do, it also encourages people to drink in as short a space of time as possible, which is more likely to cause poor behaviour

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2017 12:58

Scutterbucketz

Football fans prove it fairly regularly. Leeds this season, Cardiff this season. People drinking to excess and causing trouble. Many clubs won't serve alcohol in the away end when club's with known problems are playing.
In other sports people drink and manage to not smash the place up, fight or otherwise misbehave. Sadly football has not lost the not insignificant element for whom a good day out involves lots of alcohol and a fight, with a football match as a sideshow. I know people get all snooty if rugby is mentioned but the 6 Nations sees thousands of fans travelling to games with deep rivalry and lots of alcohol but there is no segregation and no trouble. Why does football continue to be the one sport where trouble is almost seen as acceptable ?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 Apr 2017 13:27

lewesroyal
Scutterbucketz

So in one sentence you say the thinking is outdated, then in the next you say there's still potential for trouble? We all know that for some reason football attracts a demographic that see it as an opportunity for a scrap. Why put others at risk in that situation?

Yes, of course there's still potential for trouble. Just as there's potential for trouble having booze at a rugby match or any other event that involves alcohol. Just look at how people behave when they go to the races. It's an absolutely disgrace and there's fighting everywhere. But no one suggests banning alcohol at large horse race meets because no one cares and the newspaper reports on them all carry the suggestion that we should just laugh at the silly drunken buffoons fist fighting in their finest.

Personally I don't think it's likely at football on a widespread scale. Yes they'll still be isolated incidents from the country's more moronic fans, like the above poster has mentioned, but the vast vast majority of people would be behaved. Also, with segregation it's difficult to imagine massive fist fights erupting everywhere between fans.

Unfortunately this country has a well documented hooligan past and clubs wouldn't want to have to deal with the negative hysterical press articles that blow things way of proportion, so I can't see a time when having a pint while you watch a game will ever be allowed.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 28 Apr 2017 13:40

Scutterbucketz
lewesroyal
Scutterbucketz

Yes, of course there's still potential for trouble. Just as there's potential for trouble having booze at a rugby match or any other event that involves alcohol. Just look at how people behave when they go to the races. It's an absolutely disgrace and there's fighting everywhere. But no one suggests banning alcohol at large horse race meets because no one cares and the newspaper reports on them all carry the suggestion that we should just laugh at the silly drunken buffoons fist fighting in their finest.

Personally I don't think it's likely at football on a widespread scale. Yes they'll still be isolated incidents from the country's more moronic fans, like the above poster has mentioned, but the vast vast majority of people would be behaved. Also, with segregation it's difficult to imagine massive fist fights erupting everywhere between fans.

Unfortunately this country has a well documented hooligan past and clubs wouldn't want to have to deal with the negative hysterical press articles that blow things way of proportion, so I can't see a time when having a pint while you watch a game will ever be allowed.

Unfortunately, I think most if not all football clubs still have a moronic element, and for them it is an ingrained tribalism that you just don't get with other sports. Give them booze and an oppo fan sat next to them, and mayhem will ensue.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2017 13:47

Watching our U23 games sometimes gives an insight into how it should be. Sometimes there are a few away fans, no segregation, no hiding of colours. Never seen a hint of trouble, bit of friendly banter perhaps. Last season a Sheffield United keeper was red carded very harshly, his dad had been chatting to lots of Reading fans and lots of people offered hi. Sympathy as he and his son were clearly upset. Not a bit of winding up.
Suspect your average hooligan is not that likely to go to an U23 game !

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 Apr 2017 13:48

I admit the moronic element is certainly more prevalent than in other sports, but there's no reason why two opposing fans should be sat next to each other.

Personally I wouldn't give two figs if I had an opposing fan sat next to me. Just as long as they were being respectful. If they weren't then I'd obviously be obliged to smash their teeth in.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 28 Apr 2017 14:50

I'm often surprised at the lack of violence in pubs during televised matches.

I've been to pubs in North London for a spurs arsenal derby and no sign of violence despite cheering etc plus booze.

In the ground though different story, it would be carnage.

You could flip it round and say sure for 45 minutes you can go without booze

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1