Play Off Home Leg

126 posts
UpThePrem

Re: Play Off Home Leg

by UpThePrem » 15 May 2017 22:06

West Stand Man When we played Wigan the stores around Reading ran out of both blue and white balloons. Off we go again!

Not this time. Its blue and white flags!!!! :roll: :roll:
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wave-the-flag-get-here-early-play-off-semi-final-second-leg-fulham-3716951.aspx

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 May 2017 22:44

Still haven't got my ticket in the post that I purchased a day after release. How much of a nightmare do we expect the ticket office to be tomorrow?

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 15 May 2017 23:54

I had surgery last week to remove two slipped discs. After much deliberation I don't think I can make it to the game tomorrow as I can't drive and have no way of getting there from SW London. I've emailed the club asking if theres any way they could facilitate me having a bit of a lie down before the game and at HT but I think I know the answer. Pretty devastating but if we lose at least I won't be pissed off and risk doing my back in again. And if we win I should be grand for Wembley :) cmon you bloody rzzzzz

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 May 2017 07:06

UpThePrem
West Stand Man When we played Wigan the stores around Reading ran out of both blue and white balloons. Off we go again!

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wave-the-flag-get-here-early-play-off-semi-final-second-leg-fulham-3716951.aspx

Much better than clackers. Spurs had flags for the Utd game on Sunday and it looked pretty good, tbf

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 07:21

Royal Tezza I had surgery last week to remove two slipped discs. After much deliberation I don't think I can make it to the game tomorrow as I can't drive and have no way of getting there from SW London. I've emailed the club asking if theres any way they could facilitate me having a bit of a lie down before the game and at HT but I think I know the answer. Pretty devastating but if we lose at least I won't be pissed off and risk doing my back in again. And if we win I should be grand for Wembley :) cmon you bloody rzzzzz

If you can't get to the ground then arranging a lie down once you are there seems pointless !

But on the other hand if you can get there you could go to the first aid stations which are at the North end of the East Stand or the West corner of the south stand and have a number of couches which I'm sure they would let you use. There's nothing in the West or ED though.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 07:22

Jagermesiter1871 Still haven't got my ticket in the post that I purchased a day after release. How much of a nightmare do we expect the ticket office to be tomorrow?

Do you know you are being sent a ticket ? The vast majority will have their tickets loaded on their cards.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 May 2017 08:15

UpThePrem

That doesn't stop us adding our own balloons to the show. The club didn't provide them last time, we did!

Oh, and flags are a good idea. Hopefully they will be laid out like the t shirts were at Wembley, in 'hooped' blocks.

It would be great to see the team coming out to a mass of flags in the stands and as many balloons floating down on to the pitch.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 08:22

The flags are a decent idea.
Nice display when the teams come out then put away so we can concentrate on the game and supporting the team.
Way better than the clappers which ruin the atmosphere for 90 minutes.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 May 2017 08:48

East and ED legitimately sold out now. Looks like just a few hundred around the rest of the ground which should get taken by people turning up on the night.

Getting excited!

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 16 May 2017 09:02

Balloons would be a good idea. Might pop out and see if I can find some at lunch time

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 16 May 2017 09:18

Nameless
Royal Tezza I had surgery last week to remove two slipped discs. After much deliberation I don't think I can make it to the game tomorrow as I can't drive and have no way of getting there from SW London. I've emailed the club asking if theres any way they could facilitate me having a bit of a lie down before the game and at HT but I think I know the answer. Pretty devastating but if we lose at least I won't be pissed off and risk doing my back in again. And if we win I should be grand for Wembley :) cmon you bloody rzzzzz

If you can't get to the ground then arranging a lie down once you are there seems pointless !

But on the other hand if you can get there you could go to the first aid stations which are at the North end of the East Stand or the West corner of the south stand and have a number of couches which I'm sure they would let you use. There's nothing in the West or ED though.

That's actually a really good suggestion, thanks. My missus can pick me up after the game but the way there would have to be on the insane slow train via Clapham/Richmond which feels too dodgy! My seats in Upper West.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 09:41

If you are coming from London why not use the Paddington option - less travelling time. Taxi to the ground. As I said there is no first aid post in the upper west and you can't get to the others unless you are in the stands. Prematch your best option might be go to gate 10 and see the stewards, tell them you have a back problem and could you get access to the first aid post, assuming they let you in then just tell the medics the situation. You could then arrange with them to come back at half time.
Worth ringing the club and asking for customer services and seeing if you can arrange something with them, better bet than emailing I would guess.

Final option would be to book a room at the hotel and just pop in there for a lie down if you need it !

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 16 May 2017 10:53

TFF Of course there'll be clappers.

Or song sheets.

Or something.

Called it.

I don't mind the flags actually. They'll be waved about and create a bit of a spectacle at the start and then forgotten. With luck we'll feel like waving them about a bit at the end.

I hope we never see clappers again

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 11:59

TFF
TFF Of course there'll be clappers.

Or song sheets.

Or something.

Called it.

I don't mind the flags actually. They'll be waved about and create a bit of a spectacle at the start and then forgotten. With luck we'll feel like waving them about a bit at the end.

I hope we never see clappers again

No problem seeing clappers.

It's the awful noise they make that gets me.

No variety, no subtlety, no connection to the game....

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 16 May 2017 11:59

Looking at the online ticketing site to see how sales are getting on; we've sold out the East and North Stands, but loads of tickets in the Upper West have appeared from nowhere. There was no availability yesterday.

They weren't holding them back were they!? :shock:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 May 2017 12:02

That's really weird - maybe they were wanting to shift people over to the South/ED/lower west instead? So that there was less people scattered round, and instead they're all fully sold out other than Upper West.

Still very strange and a bit annoying. Hope that it's not too empty up there

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 16 May 2017 12:07

Clyde1998 Looking at the online ticketing site to see how sales are getting on; we've sold out the East and North Stands, but loads of tickets in the Upper West have appeared from nowhere. There was no availability yesterday.

The availability in various blocks seemed to be bouncing around a lot - I was wondering if they were holding blocks just for telephone/in-person calls, and just having a subsection of blocks available online. Y24 seemed to go from Low, to None, to Low and back to None again over the course of the last couple of days

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 16 May 2017 12:16

Just did a block by block count:

GU1 - 203 tickets
GU2 - 47 tickets
GU3 - 36 tickets
GU4 - 59 tickets
GU5 - 6 tickets
GU8 - 4 tickets
GU9 - 14 tickets
GU10 - 22 tickets
GU11 - 31 tickets
GU12 - 117 tickets
Upper West - 539 tickets

R30 - 7
R31 - 10
R32 - 43
South - 60 tickets

muirinho
Clyde1998 Looking at the online ticketing site to see how sales are getting on; we've sold out the East and North Stands, but loads of tickets in the Upper West have appeared from nowhere. There was no availability yesterday.

The availability in various blocks seemed to be bouncing around a lot - I was wondering if they were holding blocks just for telephone/in-person calls, and just having a subsection of blocks available online. Y24 seemed to go from Low, to None, to Low and back to None again over the course of the last couple of days

That seems the most likely thing that's happened; I don't think I've seen any tickets available in the West Stand until now.

The bouncing around between low and none appears to be one or two seats causing it - I don't know if the club has a policy that allows people to return tickets if they can't go that meant that seats were coming back of sale?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2017 12:22

Normally the club don't allow returns.
Where there is high demand they may change that to a limited extent.
Some of the West standntickets may be ones that were held for sponsors / guests etc etc.
Not idea what the requirement is in the Championship but in the Prem there is a requirement to reserve a significant number of seats for a whole load of people. They are rarely actually used unless you are playing top 6 sides and IIRC tended to get released on the day of the game for sale. We did have games where we had sold out the day before and then some of these reserved seats were made available.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 16 May 2017 12:30

genome
UpThePrem

Much better than clackers. Spurs had flags for the Utd game on Sunday and it looked pretty good, tbf

My in-laws are Spurs fans. Complained they couldn't see any of the match during the last 5 minutes :lol:

126 posts