Pub for the play off away semi?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pub for the play off away semi?

by John Smith » 09 May 2017 12:34

26-10-06 Has to be straight into Putney - cracking pubs!

Fox & Hounds, Putney - loads of screens, close to the station and cheaper than Spoons.

It's a no-brainer Clive!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 May 2017 13:01

Warfield ED Stand Anyone thinking of going on the Waterloo line, then bear in mind Putney mainline station is apparently closed on Saturday!!

Arghhhh FFS - that's annoying as usually I can get from Bracknell -> Putney in around 45 minutes, really easy.

I wonder if it's something they can change - if so they may well move things around given that thousands of people will be passing through

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 09 May 2017 15:05

bobby1413
Warfield ED Stand Anyone thinking of going on the Waterloo line, then bear in mind Putney mainline station is apparently closed on Saturday!!

Arghhhh FFS - that's annoying as usually I can get from Bracknell -> Putney in around 45 minutes, really easy.

I wonder if it's something they can change - if so they may well move things around given that thousands of people will be passing through

Looking at South West Trains website, I don't think this means getting a shuttle bus if you are going from Reading to Waterloo. Those trains are just being diverted onto a different line between Twickenham and Clapham Junction, it's only if you want to go to Barnes that you need a bus.

But do your own research!!

Warfield ED Stand

by Warfield ED Stand » 09 May 2017 15:08

Schards#2
bobby1413

Looking at South West Trains website, I don't think this means getting a shuttle bus if you are going from Reading to Waterloo. Those trains are just being diverted onto a different line between Twickenham and Clapham Junction, it's only if you want to go to Barnes that you need a bus.

If you put in Bracknell ( or wherever) to Putney, the only option it gives you is a bus from Barnes. But I will check again!!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 09 May 2017 15:10

Warfield ED Stand
Schards#2
bobby1413

If you put in Bracknell ( or wherever) to Putney, the only option it gives you is a bus from Barnes. But I will check again!!

Yes, because Putney is between Twickers and Clapham, if you put in Bracknell to Waterloo I think it would show as fine

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 09 May 2017 15:22

Gateway it is for the away leg no that we have no tickets left.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 09 May 2017 17:49

The Kings Arms in Putney for me.

Eight Bells is good for a bit, but will get to the point of not moving.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 May 2017 20:47

Away Tickets sold out - lets all meet at the pub

I've missed out on tickets like many. I don't want to sit at home watching by myself really and it would be nice to go to the pub instead.

I think we should all try to choose a pub to go to so there's a decent crowd or pub filled and some atmosphere.

Maybe town centre with a big screen.

The Three Guineas
The gateway
Walkabout
O'Neills
Nags head (just out of town I know)
the one on the corner near butts centre

Etc...

Bearing in mind it's Saturday evening we should choose wisely.

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 09 May 2017 21:37

bobby1413 Away Tickets sold out - lets all meet at the pub

I've missed out on tickets like many. I don't want to sit at home watching by myself really and it would be nice to go to the pub instead.

I think we should all try to choose a pub to go to so there's a decent crowd or pub filled and some atmosphere.

The Three Guineas
The gateway
Walkabout
O'Neills

Etc...

Good shout. The Guineas doesn't have Sky does it? Nags if you want good beer and a proper pub or Walkabout if you want cheap beer and more screens...

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 09 May 2017 22:06

Football, beers and pizza! Table booked at Thirsty Bear. Have checked and while they do not normally have sound on at the weekend they probably will at least on one screen.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 May 2017 22:38

Thirsty Bear would of been my go to venue if we were on at Sunday lunchtime, pack it out and they'll have the sound on for sure

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 May 2017 05:56

La Flama Blanca

The Three Guineas
The gateway
Walkabout
O'Neills

Etc...

Good shout. The Guineas doesn't have Sky does it? Nags if you want good beer and a proper pub or Walkabout if you want cheap beer and more screens...

Walkabout probably a wise shout seeing as they have big screen on

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 May 2017 06:38

Never really heard of The Thirsty Bear - it looks brilliant!!!

My only reluctance with watching football there is how that fits in with evening crowd trying to enjoy their dinner.

Would they frown on me shouting "tackle him you fcuking Cnut!!!!!"?

Or jumping on the table with my shirt off if and when we score?

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 10 May 2017 08:38

Away in Olso this weekend so will be flying the flag in the Boheman Sports Bar come Saturday evening.

At £10 a pint I might be nursing them a bit...

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 10 May 2017 08:55

savage 4 england The Kings Arms in Putney for me.

Eight Bells is good for a bit, but will get to the point of not moving.

This - debating if we should go to Eight Bells for one or straight to Kings Arms to get a table...

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 10 May 2017 09:44

I enjoyed the Temperance pre-game for Fulham away this season, good atmosphere and the bar staff were on it in terms of quick service, huge screens as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 May 2017 10:03

bobby1413

Barnes to Craven Cottage is walkable if you give it a bit of time. There are a number of pubs on the Lower Richmond Road as well on the way, prob easier than messing about with buses on some very busy roads

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 May 2017 10:25

The Three Guineas
The gateway
Walkabout
O'Neills

Etc...

If I do town then I will probably go to the Walkabout. Would much prefer a smaller, more rammed full of RFC fans type pub though.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 May 2017 11:23

Winston Biscuit
If I do town then I will probably go to the Walkabout. Would much prefer a smaller, more rammed full of RFC fans type pub though.

You never know it may well be rammed full of RFC fans as it's a massive game.

It was rammed when we won the league last time when we had to wait for Southampton to play their game before we knew

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 May 2017 11:36

Winston Biscuit

The Three Guineas
The gateway
Walkabout
O'Neills

Etc...

Yates's is a little bit better than Walkabout. The upstairs bit is quite spacious and the screens are big. Otherwise Pavlov's Dog has a big projector too.