Play Off Final Tickets

752 posts
The Informant

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by The Informant » 18 May 2017 11:09

double d
Hampshire Royal Booked 3 in 109. 1 for me (65+ with 1000+ points), 1 for my son (24 with 1000+ points) and 1 for my brother (62 with less than 750 points).

It went through very quickly after I realised that I didn't have to enter bro's details on the original screen, simply bought an additional ticket for him on the next screen.

£64 for one game?? I'm paying £230 for 19 PL games next year!!

That is why I am not going. I am not spending £64 on one game, or even £52 when I got a season ticket for maidenhead a bit more then that, festivals for a bit more then that etc etc. £65 is my weekly grocery shop and for a game of football is ludicrous that I am not even too bothered about. Would rather just watch it in the pub and spend 30 quid on Booze and food.

Get a better job.

I enjoy Maidenhead but our team is in the play-off final FFS

Each to their own I suppose

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 May 2017 11:10

edinburghroyal Are we going to pick the seats by type of singing voice, just like we did against Swansea? I am a baritone, where should I pick?

block 109 is the baritone block

double d

by double d » 18 May 2017 11:11

jd82
double d
Hampshire Royal Booked 3 in 109. 1 for me (65+ with 1000+ points), 1 for my son (24 with 1000+ points) and 1 for my brother (62 with less than 750 points).

It went through very quickly after I realised that I didn't have to enter bro's details on the original screen, simply bought an additional ticket for him on the next screen.

That is why I am not going. I am not spending £64 on one game, or even £52 when I got a season ticket for maidenhead a bit more then that, festivals for a bit more then that etc etc. £65 is my weekly grocery shop and for a game of football is ludicrous that I am not even too bothered about. Would rather just watch it in the pub and spend 30 quid on Booze and food.

Yes, it's ludicrously overpriced, but you might only have 5 opportunities to watch Reading in a game of this magnitude in your lifetime.. You will regret not going, even if we lose.. If you can't afford it, fair enough, but IMO games like this are why i'm a football fan.

I get what you are saying. It is really a once in a lifetime thing, I personally just cannot justify spending that money on one game. Not even the cheap seats (factor in booze, train etc bumps that up. I Think in the days when I used to have a season ticket years ago and used to go home and away every game I would have deffo gone, I did go to the Swansea game but lately in the last few years I have had other priorities and things to spend my money on and honestly my support and love for watching football (this is just in general) has greatly declined, I am now happy just rocking up at the pub and watching a game now, Probably does not help that I can get free FGR tickets every week and go there if and when I can but that is very recent and my love for football probably has been declining for 5 or 6 years.

double d

by double d » 18 May 2017 11:13

The Informant
double d

Get a better job.

I enjoy Maidenhead but our team is in the play-off final FFS

Each to their own I suppose

I Have a pretty decent job already, I would rather just spend money elsewhere.
Last edited by double d on 18 May 2017 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 18 May 2017 11:13

@ReadingFC: Wow! We can confirm that in the first hour of sales, 11,446 tickets have been sold! Wem-ber-ley! Come on URRRZZZZ! - http://rdng.co/POFinalTickets #tinpot

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 May 2017 11:15

TBM
No Fixed Abode If you're a concession season ticket holder can you change to full price tickets for someone else?

Yes

All it does is ask for your member number - you then proceed to the next screen and it asks how many tickets you want, adult or concession

but are we absolutely sure?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 May 2017 11:16

Maneki Neko
TBM
No Fixed Abode If you're a concession season ticket holder can you change to full price tickets for someone else?

Yes

All it does is ask for your member number - you then proceed to the next screen and it asks how many tickets you want, adult or concession

I've just got two full priced adult tickets on a concession ST,

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 May 2017 11:17

Brum Royal
@ReadingFC: Wow! We can confirm that in the first hour of sales, 11,446 tickets have been sold! Wem-ber-ley! Come on URRRZZZZ! - http://rdng.co/POFinalTickets #tinpot

You barsteward... I just checked Twitter as I genuinely thought the club had used the #tinpot hashtag :oops:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 18 May 2017 11:18

No Fixed Abode
Maneki Neko
TBM
Yes

I've just got two full priced adult tickets on a concession ST,

that really wasn't clear

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 18 May 2017 11:19

I get your feeling about football not being what it was. The 'prize' for winning this game has been quoted as being anything up to £200 million!! The Madejski Stadium plus every player we've ever bought in our entire history is less than that!!

You can't, unfortunately, change the current financial model of football and if you want to watch your team at the highest level, it's sort of inevitable. You never know, we might just do what Leicester did and stick two fingers up to the mega-rich clubs.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 18 May 2017 11:28

bobby1413
Brum Royal

You barsteward... I just checked Twitter as I genuinely thought the club had used the #tinpot hashtag :oops:

:mrgreen:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 May 2017 11:29

We'll probably just get Hudds' share of the gate receipts. It's tradition.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 May 2017 11:48

Are the upper tiers on sale yet? Asking for a cheapskate.....

Jobbo no.11

by Jobbo no.11 » 18 May 2017 11:50

Does anyone know what availability is looking like behind the goal say blocks 111-117? Had to wait till tomorrow to get 6. Happy to be in groups but want to be in the same block.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 18 May 2017 11:53

Kitsondinho Are the upper tiers on sale yet? Asking for a cheapskate.....

All goes on sale at same time

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 18 May 2017 11:57

LWJ

What was all this about then

Reading Football Club have to adhere to a very strict selling criteria set by the EFL and Wembley Stadium, so only blocks 501-508 will initially be on sale in level 5. All tickets need to be sold on Level 1 and 2 before opening further blocks in level 5.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 18 May 2017 12:02

Kitsondinho
LWJ

What was all this about then

Reading Football Club have to adhere to a very strict selling criteria set by the EFL and Wembley Stadium, so only blocks 501-508 will initially be on sale in level 5. All tickets need to be sold on Level 1 and 2 before opening further blocks in level 5.

We've bought in 502 this morning. Just means the upper tier that will be on camera will be seen to be full then presumably they'll release more blocks as demand dictates

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 18 May 2017 12:05

Fair enough!! Thanks

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 May 2017 12:11

bobby1413
Brum Royal

I did wonder. They really should though - a great two fingers up to all those who knock everything to do with us.

I guess we can copy the tweet and add #tinpot

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 May 2017 12:14

Maneki Neko
Top Flight I have booked my tickets. We'll be in block 122 near the halfway line.

The only downer is that my Mum is coming to the game. That has taken alot of the shine off it to be honest. The last time she came to a game, it was the Play Off final of 95 against Bolton and she was laughing at all of us after we had lost. She always takes great pleasure in people's misfortune. That game meant so much to me as well.

she'd literally never be coming anywhere with me ever again after that if it were me

That is my general policy with my Mum but she was very insistent that she comes. She hasn't watched a Reading game for 22 years.

It makes it even more important that we win this time around. There are so many little things that need to be put right.

752 posts