Ian Royal Mine arrived this morning.

And your Mums? :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Nameless » 23 May 2017 17:36

TBM
muirinho
TBM Out of interest - if your tickets get "lost" in the post - and they give you some duplicates to pick up

Whats to stop the originals still being used? :?

Most modern day ticketing systems uniquely identify each ticket. So if you report missing tickets, those tickets should get invalidated.

Therefore they might pass the initial "eyeball" test, but won't get you through automatic gates.

Unless the staff member who organises the reprint forgets to invalidate the originals

Ah ok - so no value in postie "losing" them then?!

If the replacement is issued as a 'version 2' of the original you can't forget to invaidate the first one because the system will only allow the most recent version to be used.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 May 2017 17:41

RoyalBlue
tmesis
North Somerset Royal
Well worth £6:50 to get this exciting countdown!
23/05/17 07:42 ON DELIVERY PORTISHEAD PDO
23/05/17 07:21 AT DELIVERY OFFICEPORTISHEAD PDO PORTISHEAD PDO
23/05/17 06:01 ON ITS WAY TOPORTISHEAD PDO BRISTOL MAIL CENTRE
23/05/17 05:22 ARRIVED ATBRISTOL MAIL CENTRE BRISTOL MAIL CENTRE
22/05/17 21:37 ON ITS WAY TOBRISTOL MAIL CENTRE NOTTINGHAM MAIL CENTRE
22/05/17 18:50 ITEM COLLECTED NOTTINGHAM MAIL CENTR

I would guess that most who forked out extra did so to guarantee their tickets wouldn't get lost in the post, not so they could track their tickets every movement through the postal system, or even to get tickets early.

There is still no guarantee that your tickets won't get lost in the post! It's just that you will know at what stage in the delivery process they got lost!

I've got a mate who's a postman, and the fact that he ordered them special delivery suggests rather than more than the fact that you can track them.

The fact that they are tracked and guaranteed for delivery the following day means they are handled a bit differently.

It's why you should always send anything of value special delivery, although I have to admit, I've never done it for football tickets.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 May 2017 18:19

Very true Special deliveries are treated with priority, travelling and scanned through secure cages which are locked areas of sorting offices as they travel through the postel system. the postmen must then collect and sign for them before they leave the office. i know because i was a long time postmen until last christmas.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 23 May 2017 18:22

Mine were delivered today, and despite the postie leaving them sticking half way out the letterbox on a oxf*rd busy road they were still there when I got home.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 May 2017 18:41

jd82 for me that would have been paying £6.50 for the privilege of picking the tickets up from the PO depot when i inevitably missed the initial delivery..

Fortunately our postman lives just two doors away so no problem for me. He's a QPR fan and did threaten me that my tickets would mysteriously disappear when I told him about them on Saturday. However, he is a proper fan, following them home and away regardless of fortunes.

Contrast to the complete arse QPR supporter who lives next door - a true fair weather supporter who makes a big thing of flying QPR flags, playing their crappy Chas and Dave style songs etc. to rub my nose in it on the rare occasion when they have achieved something and he has turned up at a game, and then immediately deserts them when they start losing. :twisted: He gets even more wound up when I don't rise to the bait, so if things go well on Monday it will just be a smug look from me (although last time we couldn't resist letting off a large rocket in recognition of Mike Lewis' comment the season we went up after winning the first 13 games on the trot) and if things go badly and he is crowing, a look of pity towards the poor retard!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 May 2017 18:51

RoyalBlue
jd82 for me that would have been paying £6.50 for the privilege of picking the tickets up from the PO depot when i inevitably missed the initial delivery..

Fortunately our postman lives just two doors away so no problem for me. He's a QPR fan and did threaten me that my tickets would mysteriously disappear when I told him about them on Saturday. However, he is a proper fan, following them home and away regardless of fortunes.

Contrast to the complete arse QPR supporter who lives next door - a true fair weather supporter who makes a big thing of flying QPR flags, playing their crappy Chas and Dave style songs etc. to rub my nose in it on the rare occasion when they have achieved something and he has turned up at a game, and then immediately deserts them when they start losing. :twisted: He gets even more wound up when I don't rise to the bait, so if things go well on Monday it will just be a smug look from me (although last time we couldn't resist letting off a large rocket in recognition of Mike Lewis' comment the season we went up after winning the first 13 games on the trot) and if things go badly and he is crowing, a look of pity towards the poor retard!

A delivery postman thats follows QPR home and away? they all work Saturday you know.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 May 2017 19:30

windermereROYAL
RoyalBlue

A delivery postman thats follows QPR home and away? they all work Saturday you know.

I know but he seems able to juggle shifts, takes holiday etc. in order to be able to get there. Home games aren't an issue as he starts as early as he can and we are only 30 minutes or so from Loftus Road, that just leaves him with away games to sort things out for.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 May 2017 19:33

tmesis
RoyalBlue
tmesis I would guess that most who forked out extra did so to guarantee their tickets wouldn't get lost in the post, not so they could track their tickets every movement through the postal system, or even to get tickets early.

There is still no guarantee that your tickets won't get lost in the post! It's just that you will know at what stage in the delivery process they got lost!

I've got a mate who's a postman, and the fact that he ordered them special delivery suggests rather than more than the fact that you can track them.

The fact that they are tracked and guaranteed for delivery the following day means they are handled a bit differently.

It's why you should always send anything of value special delivery, although I have to admit, I've never done it for football tickets.

But if you can just get a re-print to pick up on the day then why the need to spend nearly £7 to get them delivered?!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 May 2017 20:00

TBM
tmesis
RoyalBlue

But if you can just get a re-print to pick up on the day then why the need to spend nearly £7 to get them delivered?!

Being in a queue of several hundred people trying to save a bit of money by picking up reprints is no fun when it gets to 3pm....

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 23 May 2017 20:15

TBM
tmesis
RoyalBlue

My earlier post about the tracking was lighthearted. The main reason that I paid the £6;50 is that there are several similar addresses in my area and I often get other peoples letters and vice versa. This very afternoon I was left a parcel from Amazon which is not mine!

In the past I have had away tickets go astray several times and the re-print process has not always been as easy as has been suggested. The cup game away at Man City was a case in point where RFC arranged a reprint but when I called at the Man City ticket office they knew nothing about it!

Whilst Special Delivery doesn't guarantee that they will deliver to the correct address the fact that they have to get a signature makes it more likely that it will be rejected at an incorrect address. Alternatively if no one is in the tracking will show that they have left a card which means I can contact the sorting office and point out that they left it at the wrong address.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 May 2017 02:42

paultheroyal
26-10-06 Being quiet at work and wanting to know how many we've sold I logged on to the online chat.

'Only' about 31,000 sold.

I know Morgan Evan, he is a Leeds fan and is winding you up.

By Friday evening we shifted over 28000 tickets. Do you really think we have only then shifted another 3000 Saturday, Sunday, Monday?

Pay day this week, those folk will clear the remainder, chill out.[

I;m not that shocked we have'nt sold all our tickets. The pricing is scandalous for what is a championship game of football. Lets face it non of us are going to get much change out of £200 for a day out.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 24 May 2017 06:53

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/footbal ... g-13076779

Only 2000 Huddersfield tickets left, good effort.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 24 May 2017 07:55

tmesis
RoyalBlue
tmesis I would guess that most who forked out extra did so to guarantee their tickets wouldn't get lost in the post, not so they could track their tickets every movement through the postal system, or even to get tickets early.

TBF, flagging up the value can also lead to them being handled a bit differently in a negative manner. Sometimes that type of thing goes missing from the special cages etc. I am led to believe that happened at our local sorting office although they did eventually catch the culprit(s). Neverthess, I opted for Special Delivery so that I could at least avoid any arguments over whether they had actually been delivered to me or gone missing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2017 08:01

Jackson Corner
paultheroyal
26-10-06 Being quiet at work and wanting to know how many we've sold I logged on to the online chat.

'Only' about 31,000 sold.

By Friday evening we shifted over 28000 tickets. Do you really think we have only then shifted another 3000 Saturday, Sunday, Monday?

I;m not that shocked we have'nt sold all our tickets. The pricing is scandalous for what is a championship game of football. Lets face it non of us are going to get much change out of £200 for a day out.

Haven't Reading taken between 35-40k for all other Wembley/Millennium Stadium visits? Wouldn't see this one being any different

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 May 2017 08:20

Sutekh
Jackson Corner
paultheroyal

Haven't Reading taken between 35-40k for all other Wembley/Millennium Stadium visits? Wouldn't see this one being any different

Could see it being a little less this time - 3rd visit there in 6 years and were only there 2 years ago, plus the cost and our record there, could see a few decide against going.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 May 2017 08:32

Why don't the club just farking give an update? They must know on a daily basis (at least) the current figures. Plus they must repeatedly get asked on twatter what the situation is

The Informant

by The Informant » 24 May 2017 08:44

bobby1413 Why don't the club just farking give an update? They must know on a daily basis (at least) the current figures. Plus they must repeatedly get asked on twatter what the situation is

What does it matter? How will it effect you?

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 24 May 2017 08:59

The Informant
bobby1413 Why don't the club just farking give an update? They must know on a daily basis (at least) the current figures. Plus they must repeatedly get asked on twatter what the situation is

It doesn't - people just like to know/are interested.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 May 2017 09:06

26-10-06
The Informant

It doesn't - people just like to know/are interested.

getreading to the rescue!
According to our favourite journalist. we've sold about 35,000 as of yesterday afternoon.

https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/ ... 3188346880

752 posts