Play Off Final Tickets

752 posts
muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by muirinho » 24 May 2017 13:17

Elm Park Kid The fact that the club are now basically pleading with fans to buy tickets suggests to me that we have a few left . . .

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 24371.aspx

I'm confused by the statement

"Tickets are still available, including a limited amount on general sale"

You can only buy tickets on General Sale through the website right now, there's no facility for entering your membership number anymore. (Unless it asks for it further along the sale process, I dunno)

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 May 2017 13:45

Elm Park Kid The fact that the club are now basically pleading with fans to buy tickets suggests to me that we have a few left . . .

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 24371.aspx

A bit desperate but as I said it's not cheap. Whatever the turn out it will still be double our average home gate for this season. For Huddersfield it's there first championship play off final. It's a much bigger deal bit like us in 95. We could have sold 50k that year.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 24 May 2017 14:38

Probably underlines the plans to extend to 38,000 were ridiculous.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 May 2017 14:42

My biggest puzzlement about the world of football is the general obsession with attendances.

It's properly baffling why people even care about it

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 May 2017 14:55

[quote="genome"]My biggest puzzlement about the world of football is the general obsession with attendances.

It's properly baffling why people even care about it[/quo

Totally agree if that was the case Newcastle would never be relegated Bournemouth would never play in the Premier league. As SJM said in this game cash is king, and if your lucky enough to have a wealthy owner then so be it.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 May 2017 15:39

RoyalBlue
jd82 for me that would have been paying £6.50 for the privilege of picking the tickets up from the PO depot when i inevitably missed the initial delivery..

Fortunately our postman lives just two doors away so no problem for me. He's a QPR fan and did threaten me that my tickets would mysteriously disappear when I told him about them on Saturday. However, he is a proper fan, following them home and away regardless of fortunes.

Contrast to the complete arse QPR supporter who lives next door - a true fair weather supporter who makes a big thing of flying QPR flags, playing their crappy Chas and Dave style songs etc. to rub my nose in it on the rare occasion when they have achieved something and he has turned up at a game, and then immediately deserts them when they start losing. :twisted: He gets even more wound up when I don't rise to the bait, so if things go well on Monday it will just be a smug look from me (although last time we couldn't resist letting off a large rocket in recognition of Mike Lewis' comment the season we went up after winning the first 13 games on the trot) and if things go badly and he is crowing, a look of pity towards the poor retard!

You have a lot of QPR fans around you. Do you live in Reading or West London? Or somewhere else?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2017 15:44

muirinho
26-10-06
The Informant
What does it matter? How will it effect you?

It doesn't - people just like to know/are interested.

getreading to the rescue!
According to our favourite journalist. we've sold about 35,000 as of yesterday afternoon.

https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/ ... 3188346880

Well that's not too shabby for 6 days effort esp. given the idiot pricing and Reading's awful record in PO finals.

Believe that leaves about 3000-4000 to shift in the next 2/3 days.

And, apparently,

RFC In celebration of our upcoming trip to Wembley, club partner Waitrose are offering one lucky fan the chance to win a £500 gift card! Everyone who has purchased a ticket for the Play-Off Final be automatically entered into the draw.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 24 May 2017 16:27

M Brook Prices for the L2 Playoff are two thirds of the price of our Playoff.
http://mobile.exetercityfc.co.uk//news/ ... dium=email
Could understand a few quid difference but we're being ripped off big time.

WTAF?!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 May 2017 16:36

Top Flight
RoyalBlue
jd82 for me that would have been paying £6.50 for the privilege of picking the tickets up from the PO depot when i inevitably missed the initial delivery..

Fortunately our postman lives just two doors away so no problem for me. He's a QPR fan and did threaten me that my tickets would mysteriously disappear when I told him about them on Saturday. However, he is a proper fan, following them home and away regardless of fortunes.

Contrast to the complete arse QPR supporter who lives next door - a true fair weather supporter who makes a big thing of flying QPR flags, playing their crappy Chas and Dave style songs etc. to rub my nose in it on the rare occasion when they have achieved something and he has turned up at a game, and then immediately deserts them when they start losing. :twisted: He gets even more wound up when I don't rise to the bait, so if things go well on Monday it will just be a smug look from me (although last time we couldn't resist letting off a large rocket in recognition of Mike Lewis' comment the season we went up after winning the first 13 games on the trot) and if things go badly and he is crowing, a look of pity towards the poor retard!

You have a lot of QPR fans around you. Do you live in Reading or West London? Or somewhere else?

Outskirts of Northwest London so yes, a fair amount of fake hoops around. However, not the only Royals supporter in this neck of the woods either. Have seen people wearing the proper hoops and cars with stickers/scarves etc.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 May 2017 16:48

Maneki Neko

WTAF?!

Pricing hasn't worked though because although Exeter have sold a decent 14,500 so far, Blackpool have sold 2000 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Admittedly that's in protest, but 2000 is just terrible.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 24 May 2017 18:21

My tickets were dispatched this morning. I'm guessing they're sending them in block order, might explain why some tickets bought on Thursday/Friday were dispatched earlier than others even if they were bought in the morning. Also, my block was probably one of the last to be made available on Friday.

double d

by double d » 24 May 2017 18:24

paultheroyal
Maneki Neko

WTAF?!

Pricing hasn't worked though because although Exeter have sold a decent 14,500 so far, Blackpool have sold 2000 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why are they protesting still? They are in the play off final ffs.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 May 2017 18:49

double d
paultheroyal
Maneki Neko
WTAF?!

Really good article which explains why...

https://medium.com/@peterkwells/most-blackpool-fans-will-boycott-wembley-you-should-know-why-8018f5b325cd

double d

by double d » 24 May 2017 19:11

paultheroyal
double d
paultheroyal

Really good article which explains why...

https://medium.com/@peterkwells/most-blackpool-fans-will-boycott-wembley-you-should-know-why-8018f5b325cd

Fair play
The oysters are cocks

The Informant

by The Informant » 24 May 2017 19:43

double d
paultheroyal
Maneki Neko
WTAF?!

Why aren't you attending our game? Nothing to even protest about and you're still not coming.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 May 2017 19:56

Ohhhhhhh... here we go!

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 24 May 2017 20:08

Hi all, I have 2 x tickets available if anyone is looking. Tickets are in Newbury and available for collection in exchange for cash. We were going but a business issue means we are now unavailable to go :-(.

Will accept £45 per ticket.

These are advertised elsewhere so it's a case of first come first served.

Thanks

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 May 2017 20:10

poohs pure Hi all, I have 2 x tickets available if anyone is looking. Tickets are in Newbury and available for collection in exchange for cash. We were going but a business issue means we are now unavailable to go :-(.

Will accept £45 per ticket.

These are advertised elsewhere so it's a case of first come first served.

Thanks

May help if you tell us what block/row they are in - also I'd recommend advertising on Twatter with #readingfc hashtag unless you've done so already

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 24 May 2017 20:28

KC Royal My tickets were dispatched this morning. I'm guessing they're sending them in block order, might explain why some tickets bought on Thursday/Friday were dispatched earlier than others even if they were bought in the morning. Also, my block was probably one of the last to be made available on Friday.

I bought mine in the first hour on Thursday - they were here on Saturday (standard delivery). Well impressed.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 24 May 2017 20:31

Maneki Neko

WTAF?!

Must admit I was surprised at the prices - more than FA Semi from memory. Although I guess this could be classed as a much bigger occasion - the game is worth c £200m.

752 posts