Play Off Final Tickets

752 posts
Dave the rave

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Dave the rave » 22 May 2017 16:50

Ordered Friday morning around 11am. Just had the dispatch E-mail. Standard delivery option.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 May 2017 17:42

Fcuking hell am i the only one not to get a email notication? ordered 9.30 on Thursday...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 May 2017 17:54

North Somerset Royal Really annoying that better seats are now available on general sale than when I booked Friday morning.

Always happens. Pays to w8. Semi final v Arsenal - Block 102 was released very near the day of the game.

I got a couple of tickets for someone Thursday afternoon and block 103 was available - it wasn't first thing - It went from block 104 upwards.
Last edited by No Fixed Abode on 22 May 2017 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 May 2017 17:55

I'm prepared to personally guarantee that everyone here who has bought a ticket is going to be able to get into the ground.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 22 May 2017 18:26

LUX I found the ticket site a pain in the arse on Friday. I got thrown out half a dozen times, and the blocks on offer kept changing.

In the end I took the first ticket that I was able to order. 517 looks pretty poor on the seating plan, but it was cheap, I spose.

AFAIK no-one else on here is in that block yet either.

Don't know how high up you are but I would have been happy with 517! Was 516 for Arsenal and was hoping for something similar this time (or any upper blocks behind the goal tbh)

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 22 May 2017 18:34

windermereROYAL Fcuking hell am i the only one not to get a email notication? ordered 9.30 on Thursday...

I haven't yet, checked my emails before coming on here and was a little disappointed/worried that I've not received one yet.
But given that I didn't buy them until Friday evening it doesn't seem a surprise from what's been said on here... Would still like to think i'd get them before Friday.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 May 2017 18:38

RoyalBlue
Nameless
RoyalBlue
But you are not likely to get a good outcome if you wait until Saturday before reporting they haven't arrived! :roll:

Realistically you probably have to report non delivery of tickets by Wednesday if you want to be sure of getting the problem fixed and getting into the stadium to see the game.

It's not an issue. You'll just have to collect reprints from the Wembley TO. If you report them missing on Friday and they turn up on Saturday they will have cancelled your originals and done reprints anyway. Trying to use cancelled tickets could give you problems as they could assume it was fraudulent.

Is that reliable information based on sound knowledge/ experience?

If so, thanks for the reassurance, although I would rather not go through the experience.

It's standard practice at the Madejski, happens all the time. Likewise most of the clubs with automatic turnstiles do it. I've done it at Twickenham having bought through See ad they were very helpful. I think Wembley uses the same turnstile system we do and I've certainly heard of people with missing tickets being sorted out by the Wembley TO.
But as you say youreally want the peace of mind of having your tickets in hand. Best advice would be just don't panic, the tickets are going out and there is loads of time before the game. They may be sending them by block or surname or post code. We just don't know, but they do this all the time so they should have it sorted !

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 22 May 2017 19:07

windermereROYAL Fcuking hell am i the only one not to get a email notication? ordered 9.30 on Thursday...

Ordered early Thursday. No despatch email yet.

Not panicking . Order details say "2 working days before, before you should panic." Therefore panic on Weds or Thurs morning.

It'll be fine

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 22 May 2017 19:23

Latest update from Udders end. 37,000 sold now. And 85 coaches making their way down.

The Informant

by The Informant » 22 May 2017 19:34

Just seen a see tickets Twitter post. All RFC tickets have been sent. If you have not received an email please contact them to arrange pick up at the stadium no later than two hours before kick off.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 May 2017 19:35

:roll:

The Informant

by The Informant » 22 May 2017 19:35

The Cap Latest update from Udders end. 37,000 sold now. And 85 coaches making their way down.

I imagine we have sold similar.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 May 2017 19:45

TFF
genome On FB

GENERAL SALE | As of this morning, a limited number of tickets have NOW been placed on general sale!
In light of the phenomenal initial response to tickets going on sale, the club have now received an additional allocation for the Play-Off Final. And with an increased allocation now available to Royals fans, the EFL and Wembley Stadium have allowed a limited number of tickets to go on general sale to supporters!
Don't delay though in snapping up the remaining seats at Wembley for our end of season showpiece! Full ticket details for the game are here - rdng.co/POFinalGS

Additional allocation?

So we'll exceed 38k

Yeah, chinny reckon

Rule 1: Don't bullshit your customers

Rule 2: If you disobey Rule 1, don't make it bleedin' obvious that you have done so!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 May 2017 19:47

The Cap Latest update from Udders end. 37,000 sold now. And 85 coaches making their way down.

85 coaches required to counter Jaap Stam's tactical genius!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 May 2017 19:55

Does anyone know the Reading attendance figures for the other wembley games?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 May 2017 20:04

The Informant Just seen a see tickets Twitter post. All RFC tickets have been sent. If you have not received an email please contact them to arrange pick up at the stadium no later than two hours before kick off.

Bloody strange you didnt add a link.. :roll:
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 22 May 2017 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 May 2017 20:05

Nameless
RoyalBlue
Nameless
It's not an issue. You'll just have to collect reprints from the Wembley TO. If you report them missing on Friday and they turn up on Saturday they will have cancelled your originals and done reprints anyway. Trying to use cancelled tickets could give you problems as they could assume it was fraudulent.

Is that reliable information based on sound knowledge/ experience?

If so, thanks for the reassurance, although I would rather not go through the experience.

It's standard practice at the Madejski, happens all the time. Likewise most of the clubs with automatic turnstiles do it. I've done it at Twickenham having bought through See ad they were very helpful. I think Wembley uses the same turnstile system we do and I've certainly heard of people with missing tickets being sorted out by the Wembley TO.
But as you say youreally want the peace of mind of having your tickets in hand. Best advice would be just don't panic, the tickets are going out and there is loads of time before the game. They may be sending them by block or surname or post code. We just don't know, but they do this all the time so they should have it sorted !

I had to do that for the cup game at Old Trafford. My ticket didn't turn up until the Saturday after the game was played, a full 16 days in the post.

It apparently happens quite a lot, and they just issue a new ticket to be collected at the club. The Reading ticket office usually won't do it until the day before the game though, just to make sure the tickets don't turn up.

It also happened to me once at Twickenham. On that occasion my tickets turned up on the day on the game, and surprisingly they still worked (I thought I'd check first before bothering to queue up at the ticket office).

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 May 2017 21:47

Fair play to them, not the shortest journey to make!

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 22 May 2017 21:53

You can track your tickets on the "customer service" tab of their website. I have two orders, one showing as despatched and the other not despatched. They've only had 3 days to send out 40000 tickets with a week to go. Nothing to worry about.
Last edited by UpThePrem on 22 May 2017 21:57, edited 2 times in total.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 May 2017 21:53

As Royal Blue said, surely the club are falsely making out or implying we've sold vastly more than we have.

Huddersfield are specifically giving numbers of sales.

We are just silent other than "MORE tickets available!!!!"

I reckon we've sold about 32000

752 posts