Play Off Final Tickets

749 posts
User avatar
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 18462
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 09:38
Location: NEMSA hunter

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by LUX » 19 May 2017 13:21

I'm bringing Jean Claude Juncker with me.

It'll be his first game since Barnsley away

Haag Royal
Member
Posts: 402
Joined: 19 Oct 2011 19:17

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Haag Royal » 19 May 2017 13:22

The Informant wrote:Someone will mate. People who dont want top tier.

On that note though, I wonder how many dutch fans will pop over for the game.


Hope so.

Interesting question - not many I think as the price will put them off. Compared to Dutch football these prices are stratospheric.

muirinho
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: 20 Jan 2016 13:10

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by muirinho » 19 May 2017 13:39

Just got confirmation email from See Tickets that my tickets are being dispatched. :D

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5521
Joined: 26 Feb 2005 00:19
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Kitsondinho » 19 May 2017 13:40

TFF wrote:
windermereROYAL wrote:
Kitsondinho wrote:506 is the party block.....so says my old man who had booked us tickets there......

what the hell is a party block? there`s 3 of us booked in there


Whips and ball-gags. Take lube.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 14781
Joined: 30 Apr 2004 16:07
Location: Carrot juice is the elixir of the Gods.

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Norfolk Royal » 19 May 2017 13:48

muirinho wrote:Just got confirmation email from See Tickets that my tickets are being dispatched. :D


Mine were posted through my letter box this morning.


Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 482
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Elm Park Kid » 19 May 2017 13:54

I can only see blocks 520 and 521 on sale at the moment.

I assume that they are adding a couple of blocks at a time and waiting for them to fill up before opening more. Or have people booked in 523-529?

User avatar
Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7044
Joined: 11 Nov 2012 21:39

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Scutterbucketz » 19 May 2017 14:00

All in all, I'm quite happy that with buying them through seetickets. Doing it that way meant I could get 5 seats together which hasn't happened in a Final for me since 1995.

RATM
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: 27 Apr 2015 13:27

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by RATM » 19 May 2017 14:03

Kitsondinho wrote:
TFF wrote:
windermereROYAL wrote:what the hell is a party block? there`s 3 of us booked in there


Whips and ball-gags. Take lube.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Looks like I'm in the best block :twisted:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4309
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: Working my nuts off during early retirement

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by West Stand Man » 19 May 2017 14:15

The Madejski Ticket Office manager was interviewed on BBC Berks yesterday. One of the questions was why the SEE ticket site shows concessions as being for 65 years old and up, while the Wembley page says that it is for 60+. His answer was that Reading have stuck to normal ticket pricing policy for the club. Ok, I get that (would have preferred the 60+ option as I'd be a concession but ...) but what happened to the other end of pricing? If we are going by Reading pricing why don't U24s get a concession price?

Ah well, job done anyway. 6 tickets bought. Don't care where they are as long they are inside Wembley.


User avatar
TFF
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 12259
Joined: 20 Jan 2006 10:17
Location: Running to the hills

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by TFF » 19 May 2017 14:56

Spying over a colleague's shoulder as she books it looks like they're allocating 'best available' now rather than offering any choice of blocks.

She's in 521 with Cat 4 tickets

Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 482
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Elm Park Kid » 19 May 2017 15:00

West Stand Man wrote:The Madejski Ticket Office manager was interviewed on BBC Berks yesterday. One of the questions was why the SEE ticket site shows concessions as being for 65 years old and up, while the Wembley page says that it is for 60+. His answer was that Reading have stuck to normal ticket pricing policy for the club. Ok, I get that (would have preferred the 60+ option as I'd be a concession but ...) but what happened to the other end of pricing? If we are going by Reading pricing why don't U24s get a concession price?

Ah well, job done anyway. 6 tickets bought. Don't care where they are as long they are inside Wembley.


That does seem like a bit of a BS answer.

It raises a point though of why should anyone below the official retirement age get concession prices for anything?

User avatar
tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1252
Joined: 22 May 2006 15:33
Location: Reading

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by tomrfcurz » 19 May 2017 15:02

TFF wrote:Spying over a colleague's shoulder as she books it looks like they're allocating 'best available' now rather than offering any choice of blocks.

She's in 521 with Cat 4 tickets


That's just the only Cat4 block onsale at the mo. Once they've sold that block out they'll be allowed to put another 1 or 2 on sale

User avatar
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2367
Joined: 12 Sep 2013 09:06
Location: Birmingham

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Brum Royal » 19 May 2017 15:52

Still no indication of number of sales yet that anyone's seen (other than the first hour yesterday)?


User avatar
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2367
Joined: 12 Sep 2013 09:06
Location: Birmingham

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Brum Royal » 19 May 2017 15:56

Also, my thinking with this block by block approach is that by doing it this way, if one team doesn't sell as many they can reallocate the unsold blocks to the other team for them to sell if the demand is there, rather than have several half empty blocks at both ends.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 15393
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by genome » 19 May 2017 16:02

Brum Royal wrote:Still no indication of number of sales yet that anyone's seen (other than the first hour yesterday)?


Not sure, would be interested to know this. People were quoting figures yesterday but never actually revealed a source - apart from the 11,000 one.

User avatar
North Somerset Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1035
Joined: 09 Apr 2007 03:58
Location: Stuck on M4

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by North Somerset Royal » 19 May 2017 16:03

Elm Park Kid wrote:
West Stand Man wrote:The Madejski Ticket Office manager was interviewed on BBC Berks yesterday. One of the questions was why the SEE ticket site shows concessions as being for 65 years old and up, while the Wembley page says that it is for 60+. His answer was that Reading have stuck to normal ticket pricing policy for the club. Ok, I get that (would have preferred the 60+ option as I'd be a concession but ...) but what happened to the other end of pricing? If we are going by Reading pricing why don't U24s get a concession price?

Ah well, job done anyway. 6 tickets bought. Don't care where they are as long they are inside Wembley.


That does seem like a bit of a BS answer.

It raises a point though of why should anyone below the official retirement age get concession prices for anything?


That's a fair point but the fact is that many clubs use 60 as the concession age and when RFC sell away tickets for those clubs they apply that as well. The decision is therefore out of line with their normal practice and as WSM says why not across the board.

Anyway although I qualify for the over 65 rate I got so confused trying to prove I am not a robot and going round in a loop I paid full price by mistake :roll: Still its only money and at least I managed to get tickets in the end.

Clyde1998
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 17:27

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Clyde1998 » 19 May 2017 16:19

Elm Park Kid wrote:Ticket Status 09:50(Update Edit)

Cat 1: Sold Out

Cat 2: Sold Out

Cat 3: Sold Out

Cat 4: Very close to sold out.

Cat 5: 515, 516

If this is accurate, using a rough estimate, we've sold about 32,500 tickets up to this point.

Lower Tier:
21 Blocks out of 44 = 47.7%
Total Capacity = 34,303
34,303 * 47.7% = 16,363

Middle Tier:
18 Blocks out of 52 = 34.6%
Total Capacity = 16,532
16,532 * 34.6% = 5,720

Upper Tier:
14 Blocks out of 52 = 26.9%
Total Capacity = 39,165
39,165 * 26.9% = 10,535

User avatar
tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1252
Joined: 22 May 2006 15:33
Location: Reading

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by tomrfcurz » 19 May 2017 16:23

Clyde1998 wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:Ticket Status 09:50(Update Edit)

Cat 1: Sold Out

Cat 2: Sold Out

Cat 3: Sold Out

Cat 4: Very close to sold out.

Cat 5: 515, 516

If this is accurate, using a rough estimate, we've sold about 32,500 tickets up to this point.

Lower Tier:
21 Blocks out of 44 = 47.7%
Total Capacity = 34,303
34,303 * 47.7% = 16,363

Middle Tier:
18 Blocks out of 52 = 34.6%
Total Capacity = 16,532
16,532 * 34.6% = 5,720

Upper Tier:
14 Blocks out of 52 = 26.9%
Total Capacity = 39,165
39,165 * 26.9% = 10,535


It wasn't accurate. Sorry to waste your time

Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 482
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Elm Park Kid » 19 May 2017 16:30

tomrfcurz wrote:
Clyde1998 wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:Ticket Status 09:50(Update Edit)

Cat 1: Sold Out

Cat 2: Sold Out

Cat 3: Sold Out

Cat 4: Very close to sold out.

Cat 5: 515, 516

If this is accurate, using a rough estimate, we've sold about 32,500 tickets up to this point.

Lower Tier:
21 Blocks out of 44 = 47.7%
Total Capacity = 34,303
34,303 * 47.7% = 16,363

Middle Tier:
18 Blocks out of 52 = 34.6%
Total Capacity = 16,532
16,532 * 34.6% = 5,720

Upper Tier:
14 Blocks out of 52 = 26.9%
Total Capacity = 39,165
39,165 * 26.9% = 10,535


It wasn't accurate. Sorry to waste your time


it was accurate concerning the tickets that were available at the time.

I should have pointed out that blocks 517 - 529 had not gone on sale at that point.

User avatar
bobby1413
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 10441
Joined: 07 Apr 2005 10:55
Location: Reading

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by bobby1413 » 19 May 2017 16:31

Have the northerners started selling yet?

749 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

It is currently 22 Oct 2017 13:52