25%

Total votes: 126
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How are you getting to Wembley?

by Forbury Lion » 26 May 2017 13:50

Nameless
Forbury Lion I might switch to High Wycombe -> Wembley as it's 20 mins on the train and only £13 something, I hear parking is £6 though.

Car park gets rammed and queues for tickets are horrendous. Highly recommend sorting your tickets in advance so you don't join what will be huge queues if the Arsenal game is repeated.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 May 2017 14:53

For those driving here is a map of the Wembley area affected by the parking restrictions on event days.

https://www.brent.gov.uk/media/1973329/ ... %20map.pdf

pwb

by pwb » 26 May 2017 19:59

bobby1413
pwb
Top Flight
Are you going to drive to Amersham from Reading?

Yes! Didcot - Reading (pick up Brother) - Amersham, simple.

Would be more simple to just meet him at Reading and tell him to stop being a lazy bone idle ninkumpoop

Reading -> Paddington 25 minutes and you can drink

I going to watch the football not drink, also we have had enough of spending stupid amounts of money on a day that turns out to be a damp squib! Doing it on the Cheap and I don't pay for my fuel.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 May 2017 20:03

pwb I going to watch the football not drink

Sorry, you've lost me here.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 26 May 2017 20:28

pwb
bobby1413
pwb Yes! Didcot - Reading (pick up Brother) - Amersham, simple.

Would be more simple to just meet him at Reading and tell him to stop being a lazy bone idle ninkumpoop

Reading -> Paddington 25 minutes and you can drink

I going to watch the football not drink, also we have had enough of spending stupid amounts of money on a day that turns out to be a damp squib! Doing it on the Cheap and I don't pay for my fuel.

Blimey. You sound a barrel of laughs.

North London Royal

by North London Royal » 26 May 2017 20:52

Royal Lady
North London Royal I'm going to be travelling down from Liverpool on the Monday morning as I'm at a festival over the weekend.

Outside chance of some Hudds fans looking to escape the packed trains being on board which could be fun.

Look out for a great band called Catholic Action at the festival ;)

Just seen they're playing the Saturday so will go check them out!

North London Royal

by North London Royal » 26 May 2017 20:55

Mr Optimist
North London Royal I'm going to be travelling down from Liverpool on the Monday morning as I'm at a festival over the weekend.

Outside chance of some Hudds fans looking to escape the packed trains being on board which could be fun.

We might be on the same train. I'm planning on getting a train from Colwyn Bay at 6.42, I have to change at Crewe and gets into Euston at 10.02. From where I plan to go with my son for a hearty cooked breakfast before dragging him on a pub crawl while he watches his old man get slowly (or not so slowly) hammered en route to Wembley. Parent of the year award will be in the post!

I wish I was getting to Euston at 10.02.

My train gets in about 12 so I will be having a few cans on the train to ease my nerves before meeting friends at the torch around 1.

Glad I've got something to take my mind off the game this weekend though, so nervous.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 May 2017 02:44

Many who drink too much are not as funny or interesting as they would like to believe.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 May 2017 03:24

Woodcote Royal Many who drink too much are not as funny or interesting as they would like to believe.

On the contrary, a drunk bobby is a better bobby.

Well, I think so - my GF, friends, family and the authorities all disagree.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 May 2017 13:10

Anyone getting the tube from Baker street. Jubilee line 10 station stops. Metropolitan line 3 station stops. came back from Arsenal game on the former. takes forever.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 May 2017 14:51

bobby1413
Woodcote Royal Many who drink too much are not as funny or interesting as they would like to believe.

On the contrary, a drunk bobby is a better bobby.

Well, I think so - my GF, friends, family and the authorities all disagree.

I wouldn't worry about the authorities, they seem to disagree with nearly everything.

The Cube

by The Cube » 28 May 2017 09:44

Just been to the station to buy a train ticket. Note that no-one has told the ticket machines that Monday is a Bank Holiday, so you can't buy a ticket for tomorrow from a machine until after 3pm. Whilst I thought there would be no-one at the ticket counter at 8.30 am, there was actually a long queue (most of whom apparently needed 10 minutes to complete a simple transaction).

To continue the public service announcement, the North entrance ticket machines and windows were all closed before our FA Cup semi-final, so that might well be the same this time.

Dave_Kitson

by Dave_Kitson » 28 May 2017 13:39

I'm taking a Great Western Railway service from Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington - equipped with a copy of The Guardian, a can of Thatchers and free Wi-Fi.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day. And Reading are going to win! :D

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 May 2017 15:48

Dave_Kitson I'm taking a Great Western Railway service from Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington - equipped with a copy of The Guardian, a can of Thatchers and free Wi-Fi.

Buses between Swindon and Didcot gr8 m8! Which is why we are driving from South of Swindon to Didcot to avoid such a travesty :wink:

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 28 May 2017 16:43

Royal Lady
Dave_Kitson I'm taking a Great Western Railway service from Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington - equipped with a copy of The Guardian, a can of Thatchers and free Wi-Fi.

Buses between Swindon and Didcot gr8 m8! Which is why we are driving from South of Swindon to Didcot to avoid such a travesty :wink:

Trains from Bristol Temple Meads are running straight through only stopping at Bath and Reading. Replacement bus is only for passengers from Chippenham and Swindon.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 May 2017 21:00

Did the Bootle to Reading bit today by car.

Was thinking of Readin-Paddington-Marylebone-Wembley Stadium but with the kids in tow have decided to drive to Wycombe and train it from there to Wembley Stadium.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Jun 2017 15:58

I drove to High Wycombe station and got the train to Wembley. The 20 minute direct train was bursting to capacity so we too the next one which was a 30 minute stopping service.

Car park £5, Train fare under £10, not bad - saved us a few £ and was a lot more straight forward.

Defiantly an option for next season when we reach the FA Cup Final, unless we're playing Wycombe Wanderers, although I would advise against getting on at a station between High Wycombe and Wembley as most trains left High Wycombe full.

Big queues for the journey home, but it was moving relatively fast. Got a seat there and back 8)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Jun 2017 16:08

From Despair To Where? Did the Bootle to Reading bit today by car.

Was thinking of Readin-Paddington-Marylebone-Wembley Stadium but with the kids in tow have decided to drive to Wycombe and train it from there to Wembley Stadium.

You've copied my location. Why?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2017 17:03

John Smith
From Despair To Where? Did the Bootle to Reading bit today by car.

You've copied my location. Why?

Err, no I haven't. I've never seen you post anything remotely worth plagiarizing.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2017 17:30

Forbury Lion I drove to High Wycombe station and got the train to Wembley. The 20 minute direct train was bursting to capacity so we too the next one which was a 30 minute stopping service.

Car park £5, Train fare under £10, not bad - saved us a few £ and was a lot more straight forward.

Defiantly an option for next season when we reach the FA Cup Final, unless we're playing Wycombe Wanderers, although I would advise against getting on at a station between High Wycombe and Wembley as most trains left High Wycombe full.

Big queues for the journey home, but it was moving relatively fast. Got a seat there and back 8)

Definitely a relatively straight forward option and in hindsight, the wait at Wembley Stadium station wasn't actually that bad considering the volume of people. Just a bit fraught when they kept changing their minds where the queue for the Wycombe train was.

142 posts