10%
Other
25%

Total votes: 126
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How are you getting to Wembley?

by Brum Royal » 19 May 2017 12:04

East Stand Ste I'm in Rugeley, Staffordshire. In two minds. Either the direct train into Euston or I'll drive to Stanmore and take the jubilee. Advantages of the latter are that there's a nice curry house in Stanmore and I'll not have a hangover (on account of driving). Advantages of the former are that I can drink what I like.

Another option for you is train into Brum, then join us on the 0951 Snow Hill to Wembley Stadium (1155)

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 19 May 2017 12:23

Cheers - do people usually park at HW train station or are there better options?

For the FA Cup semi-final, I pre-booked at the stadium itself - 'kin expensive at £30 but it did reduce the stress of trying to find somewhere nearby (which I have also done in the past, ended up in a public pay and display in the centre of Wembley back in '95). There will be 5 of us in the car, so it'll still be a lot cheaper than 5 train fares. Just don't expect to be out of the Wembley area until at least 2 hours after you get in the car afterwards.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 May 2017 17:18

Friend has a flat overlooking the arena with underground parking 8) Staying with her the night before.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 19 May 2017 17:21

First time living in Wembley has been used in conjunction with 8)

That must be dreadful for her.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 19 May 2017 17:22

Maybe it's the London snob in me but anyone who isn't going by tube is doing it wrong surely. Why give yourself the grief? Even if you're driving, just park at another tube station.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 19 May 2017 17:26

Parking at Hillingdon and getting the tube is a good option, just off the A40. It also means you walk up Wembley way which you really need to do.

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 19 May 2017 23:18

LIS>LHR, LHR EXPRESS>PAD, bakerloo to Piccadilly Circus, beer, beer & beer, get to wembley, win, cab LHR, LHR>LIS - busy day....

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 May 2017 09:34

PieEater Parking at Hillingdon and getting the tube is a good option, just off the A40. It also means you walk up Wembley way which you really need to do.

Wise move, my old office was just a few tube stops down from Hillingdon and it was always a popular parking location whenever any major event were held at Wembley.

Delboy

by Delboy » 20 May 2017 09:39

Horsemen running coaches from Mad Stad £25 per head

Blackheath Royal

by Blackheath Royal » 20 May 2017 09:48

Stroll down to High Brooms Station - train into Cannon St - tube meander over to Paddington to meet the lads for brekkie, then a booze-laden crawl across to Marylebone... anyone else heading over from Kent?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 May 2017 10:39

PieEater Parking at Hillingdon and getting the tube is a good option, just off the A40. It also means you walk up Wembley way which you really need to do.

Parking at Uxbridge is good if you want a number of good watering holes to enjoy before and after the game.

Ickenham has a big car park and is ideally located. There are some good pubs in Ickenham too. I like the Coach and Horses.

Ruislip is where all the Huddersfield fans will be. Around 800 or so will be rocking up at Wealdstone FC and getting the tube from there. Ruislip has plenty of side street parking and decent pubs.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 20 May 2017 11:18

Schards#2 Swindon > Padders

Padders > Marylebone

Beers at Sports Bar & Grill Marylebone

Marylebone > Wembley Stadium

Just in case you are unaware as there are lots of changes to the trains on bank holiday weekend.
https:/https://www.reading-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=12312/

Rail replacement coaches will operate non-stop between Reading and Swindon every 30 minutes, with one service an hour continuing to and from Chippenham. Rail replacement coaches will also operate hourly between Didcot Parkway, Swindon and Bristol Parkway, continuing on Saturday and Monday to Patchway*.

Delboy

by Delboy » 20 May 2017 12:00

CrowthorneRoyal
TFF
Wycombe into Wembley was brilliant but everyone's journeys are staggered.

Wembley back to Wycombe was hell on - queued for hours to get onto a standing room only train.

^^^^^ that

Drive to Denham then catch Marylebone train stops at back of Wembley stadium very easy and plenty of trains back used it loads of times

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 20 May 2017 15:16

BraisingsteakRoyal I haven't been to the new Wembley, and am open to travel advice.

Travelling with nippers so will try to be avoiding crowds, noise and fun at all costs.

Options are:

1) Drive from Braisers - park and walk in.
2) Drive from Braisers to High Wycombe - Train it in
3) Train from Braisers to Waterloo or Paddington - then underground it up.

Any advice?

Parking at HW station car park is £5.50 for the day and return ticket to W is £13.50 for adults. It's the route I'm taking from Newbury via a pick up in Tadley

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 20 May 2017 15:45

Drive from Cirencester to Chiswick.
Park my car in my friend's space outside his flat.
Tube to the West End.
Meet my son and daughter.
Have a beer (or 2)
Tube to Wembley.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 20 May 2017 16:47

Royal Ginger Friend has a flat overlooking the arena with underground parking 8) Staying with her the night before.

Interesting, if that's the area i'm thinking of then I know someone who used to live there!

As for me, train to Victoria and then at some point tube to Wembley Park. Hopefully unlike Arsenal there'll be no engineering works which mean I miss my connecting train by seconds :roll:

Will be interesting to see if I spot any fans on the train to London. For Swansea saw a family waiting at one station who I discovered much later were connected to a nobber (relatives I think) going by a post they made at the time. Then on the return journey saw another fan at my station after getting off :shock:

Blackheath Royal Stroll down to High Brooms Station - train into Cannon St - tube meander over to Paddington to meet the lads for brekkie, then a booze-laden crawl across to Marylebone... anyone else heading over from Kent?

Yep.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 May 2017 19:30

Delboy
CrowthorneRoyal
TFF
Wycombe into Wembley was brilliant but everyone's journeys are staggered.

Wembley back to Wycombe was hell on - queued for hours to get onto a standing room only train.

^^^^^ that

Drive to Denham then catch Marylebone train stops at back of Wembley stadium very easy and plenty of trains back used it loads of times

Done that before as we live very close to Denham but you can find the trains are already full with people who have got on earlier. However, Denham Village has far better pubs, IMO, than Ickenham or Ruislip and there is a public footpath from the village (opposite The Falcon) to the station.

Might park at work in Wealdstone and get the train in from Harrow & Wealdstone.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 May 2017 22:38

genome Would be funny if Ian Royal offers someone a lift and therefore makes his poll option actually valid

Don't have a car, sorry.

And I'm catching the Cambridge -> Kings Cross and then
Circle to Baker St,
Bakerloo to Marylebone
Chiltern Railway to Wembley Stadium

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 May 2017 23:45

Ian Royal
genome Would be funny if Ian Royal offers someone a lift and therefore makes his poll option actually valid

Don't have a car, sorry.

And I'm catching the Cambridge -> Kings Cross and then
Circle to Baker St,
Bakerloo to Marylebone
Chiltern Railway to Wembley Stadium

Less of a ballache to get the Metropolitan Line straight from King's Cross to Wembley Park then 5/10 minute walk

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 21 May 2017 06:18

Sandhurst to Reading circa 09.30
3G:s for a swift one
Reading to Paddington
Paddington to Baker St
Maybe Globe but probably Allsop possibly both
Baker St to Wembley Park
Torch

142 posts