New Royal Rewards Loyalty Scheme

Jim Royal

Re: New Royal Rewards Loyalty Scheme

by Jim Royal » 04 Aug 2017 16:29

You can get hospitality for the Gillingham if you've accumulated enough points. Might make it a little more exciting next week.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 04 Aug 2017 16:45

I don't get the benefit of prepay cards, if you can use the card to pay for things via proximity you have the bizarre situation of topping up a prepay card with another proximity card, so why not just pay with your existing proximity card. I'm sure the club would love 10k people to put £10 on their cards and have that as a floating balance = £100k free money/

There's also a problem if you lose your card or it fails, will they give you your credit balance on the replacement card?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Aug 2017 10:20

PieEater I don't get the benefit of prepay cards, if you can use the card to pay for things via proximity you have the bizarre situation of topping up a prepay card with another proximity card, so why not just pay with your existing proximity card. I'm sure the club would love 10k people to put £10 on their cards and have that as a floating balance = £100k free money/

There's also a problem if you lose your card or it fails, will they give you your credit balance on the replacement card?
and how secure is RFC's IT set up? Are they ready for the impending GDPR legislation, for example?

I won't be storing any card details

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Aug 2017 10:37

just spoken to the ticket office to regrade a ticket. Asked about the E cash button to be told "the system is due to be launched at the end of August". When I asked why they had sent out letters with PIN numbers and instructions, I was told it had nothing to do with the ticket office and I should speak to the media team. Apparently they've not had any "complaints" about it. i referred her to HNA.

Piss poor to send out something and not have the supporting infrastructure ready to go. TINPOT!

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 05 Aug 2017 10:53

3points
PieEater I don't get the benefit of prepay cards, if you can use the card to pay for things via proximity you have the bizarre situation of topping up a prepay card with another proximity card, so why not just pay with your existing proximity card. I'm sure the club would love 10k people to put £10 on their cards and have that as a floating balance = £100k free money/

and how secure is RFC's IT set up? Are they ready for the impending GDPR legislation, for example?

I won't be storing any card details

There is no way that the club will be running these initiatives, in all likelihood it will be operated by an agency who are more familiar with how things work.

A bit of unfair criticism for the club on this thread. They are trying really hard to provide and additional service for the supporters that in the long run is hoped to add convenience to fans. Clearly there has been some form of delay, but would you rather they rushed it out the door and there are problems - or they did it properly?

They needed to get the cards out for the season, and as far as I can see they've done that. No one (apart from some people in here) are going to be crying too many tears over a short delay.

Give them a break, they didn't need to implement the system. If you feel it's not for you, don't use it.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Aug 2017 12:12

but they are introducing a system which no-one really needs - like so many things these days people are finding solutions for problems that don't exist. So, if you are going to do it, then do it properly otherwise you look like a bunch of disorganised numpties. It isn't like I didn't have a card that would get me into the ground at the start of the season nor should they have been taken by surprise about the date of the start of the new season. This must have been in the planning for some time, yet they have still failed to implement it - presumably their supplier has let them down but whom selected the supplier in the first place?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Aug 2017 09:37

WAZZOCK A bit of unfair criticism for the club on this thread.

Are you new here?

I'm particularly fond of the suggestion that the cards shouldn't have been issued until the e-pay system was ready, ignoring the fact that these cards are our new season tickets so we probably want them in hand before tomorrow night

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 07 Aug 2017 10:49

While we're on the subject of useless loyalty cards, can anybody tell me what my M&S Sparks card does? I scan it with every prawn sandwich but they never send me any vouchers.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Aug 2017 12:51

The Reverend While we're on the subject of useless loyalty cards, can anybody tell me what my M&S Sparks card does? I scan it with every prawn sandwich but they never send me any vouchers.

good question

or for that matter a MyJohnLewis card?

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 09 Aug 2017 13:11

bcubed
The Reverend While we're on the subject of useless loyalty cards, can anybody tell me what my M&S Sparks card does? I scan it with every prawn sandwich but they never send me any vouchers.

good question

MyJohnLewis allows you to choose up to ten items from a fairly lengthy list on which to get 20% off - a pick your own offers but with limitations. They seem to still give you the 20% off on top of any offers that product may temporarily be in (2 for £5 etc.) so not bad. There may be other benefits that I haven't utilised - free cup of coffee and a paper isn't it? I don't like tea or coffee... Absolutely nothing to be gained by swiping your card at the till if you haven't got any of your ten items in your basket/trolley though.

Sparks Card? Not got a clue. It always asks me to swipe my Sparks Card but I haven't got one. Maybe I should if someone happens to know what good it does. Otherwise, all I can say is that a Sparks Card allows M&S to stalk your shopping with them that bit easier (marketing cynic in me).

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Aug 2017 15:42

Thanks KJ

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Aug 2017 15:47

Kingsley Junior
bcubed

good question

MyJohnLewis allows you to choose up to ten items from a fairly lengthy list on which to get 20% off - a pick your own offers but with limitations. They seem to still give you the 20% off on top of any offers that product may temporarily be in (2 for £5 etc.) so not bad. There may be other benefits that I haven't utilised - free cup of coffee and a paper isn't it? I don't like tea or coffee... Absolutely nothing to be gained by swiping your card at the till if you haven't got any of your ten items in your basket/trolley though.

Sparks Card? Not got a clue. It always asks me to swipe my Sparks Card but I haven't got one. Maybe I should if someone happens to know what good it does. Otherwise, all I can say is that a Sparks Card allows M&S to stalk your shopping with them that bit easier (marketing cynic in me).

If you go on the Sparks section of the website, and log on, there are specific offers - generally 5 from which you select 4 or something like that. e.g. 20% off footwear.

None of them seems to last longer than a couple of days, and always are for things I don't buy in M&S. I don't bother with it anymore.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 09 Aug 2017 20:05

I think you are talking about the my Waitrose card. Gives you 20% on my Waitrose deals and targets your spending patterns to 'advise' you when something you often buy is on offer.

Whereas a myjohnlewis card is a piece of plastic you keep in a wallet that you get scanned for no reason in John Lewis when you buy something. The only thing I have ever got from it was after holding one for about four years (one of those years of spending over £5k with them), I got a voucher for a slice of cake and cup of tea. Exactly the same as someone who owned a card and never used it. It is shite.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Aug 2017 21:56

Silver Fox
WAZZOCK A bit of unfair criticism for the club on this thread.

Are you new here?

I'm particularly fond of the suggestion that the cards shouldn't have been issued until the e-pay system was ready, ignoring the fact that these cards are our new season tickets so we probably want them in hand before tomorrow night

Surely the point of the criticism was that the letters talking about the e-pay system and PIN shouldn't have been sent out before the system was ready to launch, not that the season tickets shouldn't have been sent out? If so, completely valid criticism. No reason at all that the season tickets couldn't have been sent out on time and the letter regarding the e-pay sent out later.

Is this really about giving the fans something or is it a potential way for the club to make more money? I have no problem with the latter but let's not portray it as a philanthropic move! At best there are benefits for both parties with the club probably hoping to benefit more (again no problem with that).

Personally, I shan't be lending them my money, nor will I be giving them rewards/benefits that I can get and keep for myself. My existing cards and reloadable discount cards serve me very well thanks.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Aug 2017 22:15

Pandoras Box I think you are talking about the my Waitrose card. Gives you 20% on my Waitrose deals and targets your spending patterns to 'advise' you when something you often buy is on offer.

Whereas a myjohnlewis card is a piece of plastic you keep in a wallet that you get scanned for no reason in John Lewis when you buy something. The only thing I have ever got from it was after holding one for about four years (one of those years of spending over £5k with them), I got a voucher for a slice of cake and cup of tea. Exactly the same as someone who owned a card and never used it. It is shite.

I think you're right
This is more like my experience

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 10 Aug 2017 15:23

Anyone got their points for the Gillingham game yet?

I was expecting 60 (20 for attendance, 10 for each goal, and 20 for the win) but so far nothing has been applied.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 11 Aug 2017 10:40

Surely part of the aim of this is to try and entice people into the stadium earlier with a reward so that they spend more money on food, drink and with the bookies. Some people may like the interactive guess the face thing

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Aug 2017 11:22

bcubed

good question

have a sparks card, they email me offers which I do not read. Occasionally I scan it and get money off. I think you have to go online and select which offers you want, I don't really know.

I've had a Shell points card for about 3 or 4 years, I've been getting points but no vouchers on that either.

At least you know where you are with Tesco Clubcard and Subway points - I think I have enough subway points for a couple of footlong subs as I keep forgetting to use the points to pay. I've got about £5 on my boots advantage card too, so I can see a few free lunches next week.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 11 Aug 2017 23:06

Pandoras Box I think you are talking about the my Waitrose card. Gives you 20% on my Waitrose deals and targets your spending patterns to 'advise' you when something you often buy is on offer.

I was indeed meaning My Waitrose and just had a total brain freeze when I wrote my post - didn't know there even was a My John Lewis card.

Funny that I couldn't recall the word Waitrose despite sometimes shopping there and more significantly wearing their logo many times on my chest when they were our main sponsor... Clearly sponsorship works :?

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Aug 2017 14:01

I'm confused as to how they work out these Royal Rewards points.
For example I had 2330 points before last night's game (Millwall, EFL Cup 2), but just checked this afternoon and my total has somehow risen to 2530. Can't see how I would have got as many as 200 points from one game.
Would be useful if the website allowed you to see a breakdown of the points awarded.