New Royal Rewards Loyalty Scheme

The Reverend

Re: New Royal Rewards Loyalty Scheme

by The Reverend » 01 Aug 2017 21:24

I like the idea of this scheme - but right now it's looking like a massive waste of effort.

We've all got 2000 points - so they're worth approximately fcuk all, or maybe a tenner off a shirt seeing as we weren't sent any vouchers this year.

LOL @ the current auction bids, all 2000 points - if I want to bid against them I need to spend points I haven't earned yet. You can guarantee the bids will be 2020 after the first game, or 2040 if we score a goal etc etc. Each auction will be won by the maximum possible bid given that there's a pool of 10,000 STHs being given points for nothing - there's no jeopardy.

I like the prize draws though - the stupid will spaff all their points trying to win a pair of match worn boots thinking they're bidding and will get their points back - so that might be fun

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 02 Aug 2017 07:09

It will build and evolve as they go though I'm sure. Supporters who spend all their points on one item early on will possibly regret doing so when they know they can't take any meaningful part further on in the season.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 02 Aug 2017 10:18

I think I've made my mind up that it's a load of pointless shit.

There are simply too many people with the same number of points for the auctions to work. A few people will gain an advantage buy buying away tickets or sitting in an empty bowl for an hour :roll: but we're all starting at the same level and will pretty much get the same goal and attendance credits.

Unless there's pounds and pence value in these points (and given that we've got 2000 of them for nowt I don't think there is) I can't see it making the slightest bit of difference to me

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 02 Aug 2017 10:37

The Reverend I think I've made my mind up that it's a load of pointless shit.

There are simply too many people with the same number of points for the auctions to work. A few people will gain an advantage buy buying away tickets or sitting in an empty bowl for an hour :roll: but we're all starting at the same level and will pretty much get the same goal and attendance credits.

Unless there's pounds and pence value in these points (and given that we've got 2000 of them for nowt I don't think there is) I can't see it making the slightest bit of difference to me

Don't pay attention to them then.

Imagine caring this much about something that's 'pointless shit'. The club don't have to do this but they have, and i'm sure there will be people out there who will enjoy it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Aug 2017 10:51

I think it will evolve and become quite good. If people do put cash on their card and purchase stuff at the club shop etc, points will quite quickly accrue, and say of you bought 300 quids worth of stuff at the club shop, you'd be able to outbid on the auctions etc, which is I guess what the point is.

from my point of view, it will become useful if and when it does start meaning it will take a few quid off the price of stuff from the shop, rather than the auctions etc

ForzaRoyals

by ForzaRoyals » 02 Aug 2017 11:32

Hound I think it will evolve and become quite good. If people do put cash on their card and purchase stuff at the club shop etc, points will quite quickly accrue, and say of you bought 300 quids worth of stuff at the club shop, you'd be able to outbid on the auctions etc, which is I guess what the point is.

from my point of view, it will become useful if and when it does start meaning it will take a few quid off the price of stuff from the shop, rather than the auctions etc

Agreed completely, being able to use points for discounts on replica shirts is hopefully where the scheme is headed, dare I say redeeming points against beers and food in the stadium as well?

Either way, hopefully the new payment system will help alleviate queues in the concourse / jazz cafe before the game and at half time.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 Aug 2017 11:38

ForzaRoyals
Hound I think it will evolve and become quite good. If people do put cash on their card and purchase stuff at the club shop etc, points will quite quickly accrue, and say of you bought 300 quids worth of stuff at the club shop, you'd be able to outbid on the auctions etc, which is I guess what the point is.

Agreed completely, being able to use points for discounts on replica shirts is hopefully where the scheme is headed, dare I say redeeming points against beers and food in the stadium as well?

Either way, hopefully the new payment system will help alleviate queues in the concourse / jazz cafe before the game and at half time.

Agreed.

There's also the point that if you hoard your points, you'll be able to outbid people who've spent all of theirs on early auctions etc

This isn't a single season thing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Aug 2017 15:14

Jim Royal
harry Logged in OK
Can't see the e-Cash button though

The E-Cash button doesn't exist. As soon as you log in it activates your card.

Who the hell wrote the instructions that went out in the letters and didn't they think to test those instructions themselves before sending out those letters?

So far a frustrating waste of time, particularly as I can't register my kids season tickets (I pay for them) because they can't remember the email addresses they used when they first signed up. You can only to retrieve your password online, not to retrieve the email address you used. And you can't retrieve a password without that email address!

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 02 Aug 2017 15:17

LWJ
The Reverend I think I've made my mind up that it's a load of pointless shit.

Don't pay attention to them then.

Imagine caring this much about something that's 'pointless shit'. The club don't have to do this but they have, and i'm sure there will be people out there who will enjoy it.

I don't care that much but thanks for your concern. I just gave it a bit of a ponder on the way home on the train last night, and then ruminated again over breakfast.

I'll earn the points and I'll see what's on offer later and in seasons to come. i hope I'm wrong but it's all a bit meh

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 02 Aug 2017 15:22

muirinho
ForzaRoyals

Agreed.

There's also the point that if you hoard your points, you'll be able to outbid people who've spent all of theirs on early auctions etc

This isn't a single season thing.

There are 10,000 odd folk with points (anybody know how many STHs there are now?) and current 3 of them are going to spend their points in an auction. There are a couple of prizes draws if you want to piss them away and currently zero special offers

Quite why they haven't said straight away that there's a tenner off new kit for 2000 points I've no idea. perhaps they're hoping we'll all buy a bathrobe at Xmas.

Anyway, there'll be A LOT of people hoarding points

ForzaRoyals

by ForzaRoyals » 02 Aug 2017 16:40

Agree with whoever said the instructions sent with the new cards are not fit for purpose.

Has anyone had any success in changing the Pin code on their card? Instructions say any ATM would work...

Presumably the ability to add funds to the card will be enabled in plenty of time before the Fulham game.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 02 Aug 2017 16:49

I suspect it was last minute changes on the IT side that make the instructions bewildering. Those instructions would have been sent to the printers a while ago.

shorey66

by shorey66 » 02 Aug 2017 21:36

I am having trouble logging into my account I enter my member I'd but I am unsure whether I have to create a password or enter the PIN supplied, I would appreciate if someone could advise me as I am getting very frustrated with this.

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 02 Aug 2017 22:49

shorey66 I am having trouble logging into my account I enter my member I'd but I am unsure whether I have to create a password or enter the PIN supplied, I would appreciate if someone could advise me as I am getting very frustrated with this.

It's the same username (email) and password you may have used for readingfcdirect.co.uk for buying tickets, stadium tours, replica kit, key rings, car stickers and the usual junk.

Worked for me anyway.

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 02 Aug 2017 22:54

ForzaRoyals Agree with whoever said the instructions sent with the new cards are not fit for purpose.

Has anyone had any success in changing the Pin code on their card? Instructions say any ATM would work...

Presumably the ability to add funds to the card will be enabled in plenty of time before the Fulham game.

No I haven't been able to change PIN and have tried - machine didn't even accept it as a card!!! But I re- read the letter (which is now at work so can't be 100%) which says something along the lines of change your PIN at any ATM after you've set up the automatic top up feature on the card... which I don't think is available yet.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Aug 2017 11:16

The pin on my letter is unreadable, I think the ink off of security patch transferred onto the see through section with the pin on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2017 21:53

RoyalBlue
Jim Royal
harry Logged in OK
Can't see the e-Cash button though

The E-Cash button doesn't exist. As soon as you log in it activates your card.

Who the hell wrote the instructions that went out in the letters and didn't they think to test those instructions themselves before sending out those letters?

So far a frustrating waste of time, particularly as I can't register my kids season tickets (I pay for them) because they can't remember the email addresses they used when they first signed up. You can only to retrieve your password online, not to retrieve the email address you used. And you can't retrieve a password without that email address!

I'm sure if you write to the club with your details, they'd be happy to help, assuming your kids are all minors at least. They'll be able to retrieve the info internally.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 04 Aug 2017 09:15

I find this these discombobulating circumstances it pays fruition to pop up to the ticket office and speak to someone face to face.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Aug 2017 12:08

Those are some big words you're using there Kes

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Aug 2017 16:08

Hound meaning it will take a few quid off the price of stuff from the shop, rather than the auctions etc
or a few quid/free ticket to a cup game.