Parking

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Parking

by West Stand Man » 12 Aug 2017 13:30

Park at Mere Oak and walk to the stadium. If it rains pay the bus fare. Simples.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Aug 2017 17:34

Yellowcoat Apparently only £7 for Greyhound Stadium parking tonight but Cordwallis not open.

Tenner yesterday.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 13 Aug 2017 17:36

Yep I think Tuesday was a one off due to it being early season.

CountCowchula

by CountCowchula » 14 Aug 2017 11:02

I noticed the entrance to Green Park wasn't blocked like it was on Saturday games last season. Did anybody park in there?

Was too far past the turning by the time i saw so ended up in the Greyhound Stadium but Hopefully it stays that way for the rest of this season!!

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 01 Nov 2017 09:08

Has anyone noticed that they don't take payment on the gate to get into Holiday Inn any more. Looks like they've installed cameras and you have to pay by phone. I didn't know this until this morning so expecting a ticket in the next day or so for last night. Anyone else not realised that its now automated and got a parking ticket? Don't think we can pay after the event either.

Marino13

by Marino13 » 01 Nov 2017 09:33

UpThePrem Has anyone noticed that they don't take payment on the gate to get into Holiday Inn any more. Looks like they've installed cameras and you have to pay by phone. I didn't know this until this morning so expecting a ticket in the next day or so for last night. Anyone else not realised that its now automated and got a parking ticket? Don't think we can pay after the event either.

i will check this out as i
occasionally park there.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Nov 2017 09:54

How long has the speedway parking been exiting via Island Road and is it just a temporary arrangement?

Only noticed such wonders last night

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 01 Nov 2017 11:18

UpThePrem Has anyone noticed that they don't take payment on the gate to get into Holiday Inn any more. Looks like they've installed cameras and you have to pay by phone. I didn't know this until this morning so expecting a ticket in the next day or so for last night. Anyone else not realised that its now automated and got a parking ticket? Don't think we can pay after the event either.

You now need £10 in coins for machine by front door or queue queue on reception. Apparently there is also a pay by phone option but I couldn't find out any details despite emailing hotel reception
People are still parking at Costco on Saturdays without getting a ticket, I hear.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Nov 2017 13:29

STAR Liaison

You now need £10 in coins for machine by front door or queue queue on reception. Apparently there is also a pay by phone option but I couldn't find out any details despite emailing hotel reception
People are still parking at Costco on Saturdays without getting a ticket, I hear.

Apparently introduced by a new(ish) manager three games ago against recommendations of some who have been there longer. Has not proven to be popular. Only one machine that won't accept notes or cards, despite the hefty £10 fee. That means most people have to go to reception to pay or get change. Consequently, long queues develop at reception during peak times which is p*ssing off both football supporters who want to park and, more importantly to the hotel, guests looking to check in! Parking space allocation is also less well controlled now that the guy isn't on the gate managing it. At one of the busy games, due to the lack of the guy on the gate, drivers ended up driving around for ages in an attempt to find a space. They then had to go somewhere else to park or abandoned their cars in areas where they shouldn't have parked. And, wait for it, if you don't manage to get parked and pay within the 20 minute grace period, you will get a penalty charge!

Some supporters have voted with their feet(wheels) and no longer park there. This is in addition to those who have stopped attending games. Usage of hotel and bar facilities has also dropped off.

And I am told that you can pay by phone but that you will be charged for the call as well as the £10 parking charge!

And if you don't pay, you will end up getting a £100 charge without Parking Eye needing to go anywhere near the hotel or your car. It's all done through ANPR and computerised systems. Don't expect an easy fight either, since I think Parking Eye's only source of income and reimbursement of their capital outlay on the system is through the penalty charges they levy!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Nov 2017 13:37

RoyalBlue
STAR Liaison

Apparently introduced by a new(ish) manager three games ago against recommendations of some who have been there longer. Has not proven to be popular. Only one machine that won't accept notes or cards, despite the hefty £10 fee. That means most people have to go to reception to pay or get change. Consequently, long queues develop at reception during peak times which is p*ssing off both football supporters who want to park and, more importantly to the hotel, guests looking to check in! Parking space allocation is also less well controlled now that the guy isn't on the gate managing it. At one of the busy games, due to the lack of the guy on the gate, drivers ended up driving around for ages in an attempt to find a space. They then had to go somewhere else to park or abandoned their cars in areas where they shouldn't have parked. And, wait for it, if you don't manage to get parked and pay within the 20 minute grace period, you will get a penalty charge!

Some supporters have voted with their feet(wheels) and no longer park there. This is in addition to those who have stopped attending games. Usage of hotel and bar facilities has also dropped off.

And I am told that you can pay by phone but that you will be charged for the call as well as the £10 parking charge!

And if you don't pay, you will end up getting a £100 charge without Parking Eye needing to go anywhere near the hotel or your car. It's all done through ANPR and computerised systems. Don't expect an easy fight either, since I think Parking Eye's only source of income and reimbursement of their capital outlay on the system is through the penalty charges they levy!

Are there no signs up anywhere explaining this, wouldn't no signage would make it difficult to enforce any fines? Or don't they have to do that as technically the car park is private property?

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 01 Nov 2017 14:57

Sutekh
RoyalBlue
STAR Liaison

Are there no signs up anywhere explaining this, wouldn't no signage would make it difficult to enforce any fines? Or don't they have to do that as technically the car park is private property?

There are signs up which we didn't see last night. Its the first time I've used it for a year or more and as the guy who used to be on the gate was directing traffic I thought he was just there to assist rather than take money. Didn't even consider that it was now automated.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 01 Nov 2017 15:32

Sutekh
RoyalBlue
STAR Liaison

There are signs but they are small and the area is pretty poorly lit; so it is easy to miss them when it's dark. I only just spotted one as I drove in and that was only because I slowed to almost a stop looking for 'my mate' who collected the parking fees in the past.

jar95

by jar95 » 01 Nov 2017 15:58

Has anyone noticed the ridiculous amount of car park attendants in the speedway!

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 01 Nov 2017 16:48

Has park and ride closed?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Nov 2017 17:28

jar95 Has anyone noticed the ridiculous amount of car park attendants in the speedway!
yeah (some were adding to the confusion in Island Road (see my previous post)

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Nov 2017 08:59

Ok, i've asked this about 20 times now - so lets make it 21 :)

If you park at the holiday inn why not just park at the World Turned Upside Down? Google maps tells me that it takes 20 mins to walk from holiday inn and 21 from upsey down. The pub is free, is perfectly happy with people parking there, is (as far as I know) safe and in 6 years I always got a space. Also, it's a pub that you can get a decent priced drink in :)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Nov 2017 11:31

......and for the price of a Madejski hot-dog, you can get yourself a roast dinner.

Think I've probably mentioned that about 21 times already :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 Nov 2017 13:10

Elm Park Kid Ok, i've asked this about 20 times now - so lets make it 21 :)

If you park at the holiday inn why not just park at the World Turned Upside Down? Google maps tells me that it takes 20 mins to walk from holiday inn and 21 from upsey down. The pub is free, is perfectly happy with people parking there, is (as far as I know) safe and in 6 years I always got a space. Also, it's a pub that you can get a decent priced drink in :)

I guess it's scepticism over whether a pub would be happy for you to park there for nothing for a few hours after you've finished giving it business.

Ignoring google maps, I think it would be quicker for me to walk from/to the World Upside Down than the Holiday Inn.

Marino13

by Marino13 » 02 Nov 2017 15:32

also add the trooper potts into that.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Nov 2017 22:17

RoyalBlue
Elm Park Kid Ok, i've asked this about 20 times now - so lets make it 21 :)

I guess it's scepticism over whether a pub would be happy for you to park there for nothing for a few hours after you've finished giving it business.

Ignoring google maps, I think it would be quicker for me to walk from/to the World Upside Down than the Holiday Inn.

I know that we all need to be ultra-paranoid with parking these days but there are no signs in the pub car park and i've been going there since 2007 and never had a single issue. Quite a few times i've parked up and walked straight to the ground without even going in the pub.

I can't personally recommend the food but if you want something cheap that will fill you up then it's better than the Mad Stad.