Parking

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Parking

by 3points » 22 Nov 2017 20:37

paultheroyal
East Grinstead Royal
paultheroyal What was going on tonight within Green Park - looked gridlocked

The Wolves coaches were parked along there, so the road was closed from 16.30 for an hour. I only remember this happening once before (a couple of seasons ago?) when Cardiff were in town. Unfortunately, the signs warning that this would happen were only visible on the way out of Green Park, so most people were oblivious of it until after the game and only found out when they were within 100 yards of the closure itself. We were stuck in Green Park (the other ways out at the Northern end were gridlocked) until around 17.50.

I saw the diversion signs up but could not work out what was happening. I park in the Regus building and turn right to head to Costco but knew immediately something was wrong. Utter chaos getting out of there.

Wonder if this is a new thing to deter Green Park parking - parking there for a number of years and not known this.
havent been able to get into Green Park on a Saturday since about Christmas last year. Had been parking there for about 10 years prior to that. Do you just blag your way in or have a "business" reason to be there?

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 27 Nov 2017 11:54

The company I work for has an office in Green Park and the security guard has (after a number of minor tiffs) been taught what the company's security passes look like.
Not sure where the Wednesday's coaches were parked, but Saturday's getway was one of the best. We were home by 6.20 which for a Saturday game was pretty much a record time.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Nov 2017 12:00

3points
paultheroyal
East Grinstead Royal
The Wolves coaches were parked along there, so the road was closed from 16.30 for an hour. I only remember this happening once before (a couple of seasons ago?) when Cardiff were in town. Unfortunately, the signs warning that this would happen were only visible on the way out of Green Park, so most people were oblivious of it until after the game and only found out when they were within 100 yards of the closure itself. We were stuck in Green Park (the other ways out at the Northern end were gridlocked) until around 17.50.

I saw the diversion signs up but could not work out what was happening. I park in the Regus building and turn right to head to Costco but knew immediately something was wrong. Utter chaos getting out of there.

Wonder if this is a new thing to deter Green Park parking - parking there for a number of years and not known this.
havent been able to get into Green Park on a Saturday since about Christmas last year. Had been parking there for about 10 years prior to that. Do you just blag your way in or have a "business" reason to be there?

Blag....