Post Game Traffic

Jim Royal

Re: Post Game Traffic

by Jim Royal » 18 Aug 2017 08:57

Elm Park Kid Something was odd on Tuesday night; I did my usual drive back from the World Turned Upside Down and when I got to the 'Tesco roundabout' there was absolutely no traffic. First time in the 6 years i've been going that i've been able to drive straight through to the junction. I was back home by 10:30!

Good to see the council encouraging people to ditch public transport and use their cars.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Post Game Traffic

by Compo's Hat » 23 Aug 2017 09:51

Compo's Hat
RG30 Moving the buses away from Northern Way has been a smart move as it's much safer. However why can't they load more than 1 bus at a time. Yesterday it took a good 15 mins to get boarded on by which time they had already let cars out of the car park and it was gone 10:30 before we were back in town.

Cars had already been let out before the out of town buses were let go (which wasn't the case last season) causing problems at the bottom of the hill as they tried to cut on to the other lane. Not as stupid as the council constructing a bus lane on the A33 the wrong side from the stadium mind you!

They must be reading this thread! Held the cars back last night and let the urban buses cut into the other lane at the top of the hill, much better.