Brentford away

The Reverend

Re: Brentford away

by The Reverend » 15 Sep 2017 11:20

MC ROYAL I have two adult terrace tickets available for this now if anyone is interested? - £25 each

Don't fancy the trip?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Sep 2017 11:35

The Reverend
Warfield ED Stand
bobby1413
Can't you just go Reading->Virginia Water->Brentford

and back again?

I think the point is that the Reading to Waterloo line will be far busier than normal because of the Paddington line disruption. Makes no difference to me as I am getting on at Bracknell anyway so will always go Waterloo line, just expect it to be very busy

The Waterloo line is operating on a reduced timetable http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey- ... e-13589829

No significant reduction last Saturday.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Sep 2017 11:38

John Smith
Warfield ED Stand
bobby1413

and back again?

I think the point is that the Reading to Waterloo line will be far busier than normal because of the Paddington line disruption. Makes no difference to me as I am getting on at Bracknell anyway so will always go Waterloo line, just expect it to be very busy

Just a word of warning - the game two years ago (African Violet kit) there was a rugby match on at Twickers and the train was so busy (with chino-ed, Old Speckled Hen-drinking-tossers) people couldn't get on after Winnersh Triangle.

A wise man once said - "Get to the Guineas for 10am, have 3 pints then head off"...

That is potentially very good advice that I hadn't thought of - will have a look at Twickenham fixtures now

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Sep 2017 11:56

bobby1413
John Smith
Warfield ED Stand I think the point is that the Reading to Waterloo line will be far busier than normal because of the Paddington line disruption. Makes no difference to me as I am getting on at Bracknell anyway so will always go Waterloo line, just expect it to be very busy

Just a word of warning - the game two years ago (African Violet kit) there was a rugby match on at Twickers and the train was so busy (with chino-ed, Old Speckled Hen-drinking-tossers) people couldn't get on after Winnersh Triangle.

A wise man once said - "Get to the Guineas for 10am, have 3 pints then head off"...

That is potentially very good advice that I hadn't thought of - will have a look at Twickenham fixtures now

I think the point he is making is that everybody that would normally would have been travelling Reading-Paddington will now be using the Reading-Waterloo service. getting back could be a huge problem because the trains might be too full.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Sep 2017 12:09

windermereROYAL
bobby1413
John Smith Just a word of warning - the game two years ago (African Violet kit) there was a rugby match on at Twickers and the train was so busy (with chino-ed, Old Speckled Hen-drinking-tossers) people couldn't get on after Winnersh Triangle.

I think the point he is making is that everybody that would normally would have been travelling Reading-Paddington will now be using the Reading-Waterloo service. getting back could be a huge problem because the trains might be too full.

The point I was making was that the train was full on departure from Reading so you might not even get on at Bracknell due to the probable overcrowding on the train. As counter-productive as it would seem, it could even be worth coming back on yourself from Bracknell to go to the pub and get on at Reading

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder

by Starry Blue Hooped Wonder » 15 Sep 2017 12:20

bobby1413
UpThePrem Just checked GWR and every train from Paddington to Reading on Saturday after the game stops at Maidenhead and bus service to Reading. Gonna be busy.

and back again?

That's certinly my plan!

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 15 Sep 2017 19:10

MC ROYAL, have you still got those tickets? Trying to PM you but can't seem to send it.

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 15 Sep 2017 20:16

percy_freeman MC ROYAL, have you still got those tickets? Trying to PM you but can't seem to send it.

Yea messaged you my number

Felt91

by Felt91 » 15 Sep 2017 21:06

One standing ticket available, £25. Happy for it to be collected or meet up around the ground

Josh1871

by Josh1871 » 15 Sep 2017 21:08

MC royal - tried to message you too for ticket but won't let me . If you still have a ticket can you message me your number

Josh1871

by Josh1871 » 16 Sep 2017 08:43

Felt 91 - I'm keen for ticket if you still have ?

Can you message me your number and I can meet you at the ground

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Sep 2017 09:24

Just checked trains and

Reading->Paddington is running continually with no issues

There's no rugby today at Twickenham and no Ascot either.

So waterloo line should be fine