Stop explicit language in the ground...

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Stop explicit language in the ground...

by Kitsondinho » 08 Sep 2017 19:17

Maneki Neko
bobby1413 Article by Russell Kempson which is just a mish mash of information, views and the sort of comments and observations you'd get from a rugby fan who has just been to their first game.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/sport ... c-13531219

He states

But when that "unity" spills over into F & C ranting, especially with women and children around, it’s just totally Jurassic.

Perhaps there is a perverse satisfaction to be gained from such pathetic macho posturing in front of mostly ineffective stewards away from the long arm of the real law. Who really knows?

And how vocally brave would those Reading fans have been had Millwall’s travelling contingent – just 471 - been similar in size to that of Aston Villa’s 3,935 for the Championship clash with Royals the previous week?

It was seen and heard at the King Power Stadium recently, when some low-life fans of Leicester City resorted to homophobic abuse during their 2-0 Premier League win over Brighton & Hove Albion.

For no other reason than the town of Brighton has a large lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.

The whole article just seems pointless really. I mean it's like going to a pub on a Saturday night in town and afterwards saying "Oh my god, 99% of the people there had a great time, but is there any need for those few guys to get so drunk and start being disruptive".

Not even that, it's barely even on the register of being noteworthy. It's not like any of us have ever left a game recently and thought "good game (lol) but the crowd were really sweary for no reason". :roll:

totally agreed

theres a family section in the north and a quiet section for chin stroking in the west stand.
anyone who sits near y25 and then complains about the swearing is a oxf*rd oxf*rd

As I take my two sons to both home and away games, I couldn't agree more. We always go in the Family Section of the Dolan Stand. The away games we attend are usually local to us and likely to have a small away following. Preston a few weeks ago was a perfect example. We were able to sit away from the more vocal elements of our support and avoided any language I didn't want the kids to hear. I have no problem with swearing at matches.....it is my responsibility to keep my children away from it.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Stop explicit language in the ground...

by Forbury Lion » 11 Sep 2017 11:02

Elm Park Kid I don't go via town to get to games. Also they don't let you bring in bottles of drink into the ground.
They've never stopped me, in fact they searched my carrier bag on Saturday with 2 bottles of water (one half drunk), a packet of crisps and a curly wurly in, put a green ticket thing on it and let me in. I then sat in front of a steward and drank them.

They also patted me down and I had alot of things in my pockets - glasses case, wallet, earphones, car keys and didn't ask me what any of it was (unlike at Wembley, here they asked to see it).