Digital Screen at Madjeski

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

Digital Screen at Madjeski

by Only one Trevor Morley » 12 Sep 2017 12:10

Last year this was great. Clear and bold list of the team line ups so you could easily look up, check the number and therefore name of the opposition player having a good game, check who has received a yellow card already and subs etc . There was also a good balance between that and cutaways to replays. For those of us at the back of the stands away in y19-20 it was user friendly and I imagine great for North and West Stands too. Clearly our focus is on the pitch (well actually that dpends on the game!) but this was a helpful additional component to watching the match.

This season has been terrible. the space used for the team line up has been squashed with intermittent references to past players in a small section of the screen and against Bristol City the line up seemed to have been abandoned entirely to be replaced by a spinning reading badge or constant advert for the Swansea game.

We have turned something supporter friendly into a glorified advert which is very annoying. can we revert back to the approach last season. Don't mind the odd cutaway to advertise future matches.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Digital Screen at Madjeski

by leon » 12 Sep 2017 12:43

Only one Trevor Morley Last year this was great. Clear and bold list of the team line ups so you could easily look up, check the number and therefore name of the opposition player having a good game, check who has received a yellow card already and subs etc . There was also a good balance between that and cutaways to replays. For those of us at the back of the stands away in y19-20 it was user friendly and I imagine great for North and West Stands too. Clearly our focus is on the pitch (well actually that dpends on the game!) but this was a helpful additional component to watching the match.

This season has been terrible. the space used for the team line up has been squashed with intermittent references to past players in a small section of the screen and against Bristol City the line up seemed to have been abandoned entirely to be replaced by a spinning reading badge or constant advert for the Swansea game.

We have turned something supporter friendly into a glorified advert which is very annoying. can we revert back to the approach last season. Don't mind the odd cutaway to advertise future matches.

was making exactly this point on Saturday. Wanted to see the lineups - all we got was the RFC badge with a backdrop of heavy rain. Absolute shit.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Sep 2017 12:46

Only one Trevor Morley Last year this was great. Clear and bold list of the team line ups so you could easily look up, check the number and therefore name of the opposition player having a good game, check who has received a yellow card already and subs etc . There was also a good balance between that and cutaways to replays. For those of us at the back of the stands away in y19-20 it was user friendly and I imagine great for North and West Stands too. Clearly our focus is on the pitch (well actually that dpends on the game!) but this was a helpful additional component to watching the match.

Startinfg to think that myselff whenI wanted to check one of the Bristol players but nothing to be seen of any interest. Suggest writing to the club to complain!

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 12 Sep 2017 13:45

Sutekh

Startinfg to think that myselff whenI wanted to check one of the Bristol players but nothing to be seen of any interest. Suggest writing to the club to complain!

My concern is that this was on the order of new Chief Exec/owners to maximise advert for future games. I get the need to do that but surely we could do more before match starts/half time with the odd cutaway but still have the line ups the majority of the time. And there is no excuse of the spinning badge in heavy rain. It add zero. I'll send an email.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Sep 2017 14:02

I might be imagining it but, weren't there lineups on the screen for the Fulham game?

I agree, it definitely needs to be brought back.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Sep 2017 14:13

Maybe a ploy to get people to buy a programme?

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Sep 2017 18:47

Are you seriously expecting anybody working at Reading FC to have the slightest hint of common sense? These are the same people who have paid DJ MEGAPARTY for the past 2 years and continue to play that awful goal music

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 18 Sep 2017 15:15

Cant get to the game tomorrow so would welcome an update if things improved or not.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 20 Sep 2017 20:39

Yes it was, so you can all get a peaceful night's sleep tonight.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Sep 2017 06:42

Teams were on the screen but using a font size so small that they were impossible to read.
They may as well not bother....

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 21 Sep 2017 21:07

You should've gone to Specsavers Grandad. It looked fine from where I was, and I was at the other end of the stadium.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Sep 2017 12:13

Lots of people round where I sit asking each other what it said. It's fairly useless this season.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 22 Sep 2017 13:12

I've been meaning to have a moan about this. I sit in the ED Stand and yes, I do wear glasses, but the font they are using for the line-ups this season is too damned small!

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1