Mad Stad atmosphere rated 2nd worst in league

La Flama Blanca

Re: Mad Stad atmosphere rated 2nd worst in league

by La Flama Blanca » 26 Oct 2017 18:52

Lots of reasons why we don't produce a good atmosphere a lot of the time but hopefully future developments like Green Park station, the new complex and Beefeater across the road, the carpark development etc will help improve it as it will feel a bit less remote and be more accessible with more food and drink options nearby.
I've noticed over the last season that our fan base particularly at away games seems to be getting a bit younger which is a good sign for the future.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Mad Stad atmosphere rated 2nd worst in league

by West Stand Man » 28 Oct 2017 16:20

I haven't been to a single game this season. After my travels up the M4 to watch turgid boring football for the last couple of years I have decided to give it a break and just listen to BBCRB.

It is a normal thing for my kids and me to do one of the Chrimbo home games together; this year they have suggested that, instead, we do the short hop across to Stroud/ Nailsworth to watch FGR v Carlisle on 22 December and that is just what we will do.

The atmosphere in the Mad Stad is a direct reflection of the boring tripe that is served up on the pitch. Even when we are winning it just doesn't feel like we have been entertained. All you coaching purists can go on about the quality of the football being dished up in comparison with the successful teams put out by Coppel and McDermott but I would prefer to see less pure football and be entertained a lot more.

The play off run last year was based on boring football that produced results but was no fun to watch. This season, so far, seems to be based on the same formula except that the results aren't going the right way this time. I have never been a fan of just removing the manager but I am now firmly convinced that this lot can only be saved by something big being changed and that probably means a clear out of the coaching staff. Gilkes as stand in manager by Tuesday?