Parking at Costco

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
download

Parking at Costco

by download » 07 Apr 2018 19:47

I went to park in Costco car park today and thought it looked emptier than normal. Then I noticed a van with a bunch of cameras and ANPR on it. Are they actually trying to fine people who park at the game and then shop in the store afterwards ?
I decided not to risk it and nipped off somewhere else, just in case.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Parking at Costco

by Forbury Lion » 13 Apr 2018 10:37

Doesn't the store close and lock the gates before the game finishes? - Maybe that's why people have been leaving the games earlier, to avoid being locked in?

Costco sell tyres and other car stuff - Maybe, just maybe this is a way to work out what types of cars their registered members own so that they can work out what type of things to sell. If 50% drive Ford Fiesta's then they might target them with offers, although it would probably be cheaper to send someone round the carpark with a clipboard and pen.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Apr 2018 18:16

download I went to park in Costco car park today and thought it looked emptier than normal. Then I noticed a van with a bunch of cameras and ANPR on it. Are they actually trying to fine people who park at the game and then shop in the store afterwards ?

It's been in that car park for about 2 weeks straight now. Fairly sure it's not football related.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Apr 2018 18:37

Old Man Andrews
download I went to park in Costco car park today and thought it looked emptier than normal. Then I noticed a van with a bunch of cameras and ANPR on it. Are they actually trying to fine people who park at the game and then shop in the store afterwards ?

It's been in that car park for about 2 weeks straight now. Fairly sure it's not football related.

Yep, it's got TVP Retail Crime Unit all over it.

But I think Costco have now got ANPR and do limit parking to two hours on match days. If so, you would have to arrive right at the last moment and leave earlyish, hoping there wasn't too much stoppage time!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1