South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
Theroyalbox

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Theroyalbox » 12 Apr 2018 11:10

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:
ImJappy wrote:
Debate about why you are a grumpy old man who has no one in their lives, so posts on here about trying to get into someone else's pants. Even though the only women in your life is probably your mother, but I'm not judging if that's the only pants you can touch awwwwww how romantic.

that is one of the worst responses ive ever seen on here, and that says alot

It was Charlie Nicholas to Jeff Stelling levels of cringe.

its a shame really because you can really tell the hatred is there, it had all the makings of a good response but I just feel he/she has panicked and just got it all wrong. There's just know substance or logic to it.

ImJappy

by ImJappy » 12 Apr 2018 11:28

Theroyalbox wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:
that is one of the worst responses ive ever seen on here, and that says alot

its a shame really because you can really tell the hatred is there, it had all the makings of a good response but I just feel he/she has panicked and just got it all wrong. There's just know substance or logic to it.

To be honest, you guys commenting on the 'southbank' situation is fantastic coverage, it allows the feed to remain at the top of firstly 'The Team' and 'Club policies' allowing for more clicks and people being interested in the idea. Thanks for your help in keeping the interest up xxxxx

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Apr 2018 11:40

genome wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:Interesting that the other thread discussing this got deleted.

Know anything about that Genome?

Nope, but the Twitter group had picked up on it. I assume it was deleted because you were targeting real life individuals, and your comments had been seen by them
Correct, I deleted it for this very reason... that and the fact some of it was interpreted on twitter as sexist #metoo

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 12 Apr 2018 11:41

ImJappy wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

To be honest, you guys commenting on the 'southbank' situation is fantastic coverage, it allows the feed to remain at the top of firstly 'The Team' and 'Club policies' allowing for more clicks and people being interested in the idea. Thanks for your help in keeping the interest up xxxxx

For what its worth I support the initiative, have no interest in being part of it but think its a great idea. You guys are obviously very passionate about it as well which is great, its exactly what the club needs so best of luck to you all

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Apr 2018 12:10

Old Man Andrews wrote:Out of respect for those who run the board I won't say any more about the individuals involved. I would however invite them to join up and post if they are reading this, have the debate!
Look above.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 12:13

Forbury Lion wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:Out of respect for those who run the board I won't say any more about the individuals involved. I would however invite them to join up and post if they are reading this, have the debate!
Look above.

They came in here trying to be personally offensive though which doesn't necessarily want to make me listen to them. That is no better than what they accused me of doing yesterday.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Apr 2018 12:15

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Forbury Lion wrote:
Look above.

They came in here trying to be personally offensive though which doesn't necessarily want to make me listen to them. That is no better than what they accused me of doing yesterday.
Wrong post I think - Look further above, username Pip.12

New users posts do not appear until a moderator approves them, so you may have missed it the first time & you won't get an immediate reply as that too will be in the moderation queue (along with 100's of spam messages from new user bots/Kes' spare usernames/members of the Green fanclub)

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 12:16

Forbury Lion wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Forbury Lion wrote:Look above.

Wrong post I think - Look further above, username Pip.12

New users posts do not appear until a moderator approves them, so you may have missed it the first time & you won't get an immediate reply as that too will be in the moderation queue (along with 100's of spam messages from new user bots/Kes' spare usernames/members of the Green fanclub)

Ah ok cheers.

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 12 Apr 2018 12:26

Pip.12 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:
Or, it’s a public forum and anyone can see what is posted in the Team forum?

A non-member has happened to stumble on to Hob Nob Anyone? to just come and have a look to see if someone is talking about them? No they have been tipped off and instead of joining up and fighting their corner they have moaned and whinged. It would have been great if one of the organisiers or lead people within their group came in and spoke about it and made their points. Who knows they could have changed my opinion, I am always willing to listen to differing views.

If the thread was there you'll see I was asked a couple of times about a female member of their group who I named and in my view made fair comment about based on my experience of her. I didn't post a link to her Twitter page or get involved with Double D when he was throwing questions out about her appearance, thats not necessary. Like I said yesterday, I have had a go at her in person so I am not saying anything on here I wouldn't say in real life. Rather than complaining and drumming up faux sympathy from her hangers-on I wish she would come here and counter the points made and have the debate. It is a very interesting debate to have.

Ok so I was going to sit here and be the bigger person, and not reply to your nasty little post.. however I’ve had enough.

I don’t know who you are, because you’re so keen to hide behind your keyboard and username BUT I can categorically tell you I’ve never met you. The only person I’ve even had a disagreement with at football was an older man who thought it was ok to shout homophobic abuse at Chris Gunter. So if that was you I completely stand by my decision. It’s disgusting. Also why the hell should I have to come on here and defend myself and debate with you about who I am as a person.

You can sit on here and call me abysmal and awful even an attention seeker, but the difference between you and I is that I go out with people I actually know in real life and enjoy things instead of sitting on a forum being unbelievably rude about someone I’ve never met.

Many people dislike the idea of the south stand and that’s ok, it’s not going to be for everyone. It wasn’t my idea it was another fan who made contact with the club who are of course backing it. We did not name ourselves the ‘south bank’. We were asked by the club when approached not to put anything on social media so we didn’t. That doesn’t make us entitled, or have an attitude that we’re better than you or ‘real fans’. Our intention is to bring the fan base together which quite frankly right now you’re making harder. Don’t sit there and think that yet again you can make up a story in your head of something that happened and put it on a post as gospel.

In terms of attention seeking - I have a big personality which a lot of people don’t like and I’m ok with that. If that’s how I come across to you then that’s your opinion. My account is private because of my job.. instead of sitting on here completely dragging a person through the mud how about you unfollow me? Or even better come out tell me who you are and I’ll make it so you don’t. The idea that you’re hiding being your username is creepy. I don’t appreciate being ‘watched’ so to speak and then bitched about behind my back by a grown adult, I also don’t appreciate being made to feel like a piece of meat...

So how about you stop talking about me and get on with your own life. I won’t be replying to this post and if I see my name on here again I won’t hesitate to take it further.

Nice

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 12 Apr 2018 12:29

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 12:36

Pip.12 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:

A non-member has happened to stumble on to Hob Nob Anyone? to just come and have a look to see if someone is talking about them? No they have been tipped off and instead of joining up and fighting their corner they have moaned and whinged. It would have been great if one of the organisiers or lead people within their group came in and spoke about it and made their points. Who knows they could have changed my opinion, I am always willing to listen to differing views.

If the thread was there you'll see I was asked a couple of times about a female member of their group who I named and in my view made fair comment about based on my experience of her. I didn't post a link to her Twitter page or get involved with Double D when he was throwing questions out about her appearance, thats not necessary. Like I said yesterday, I have had a go at her in person so I am not saying anything on here I wouldn't say in real life. Rather than complaining and drumming up faux sympathy from her hangers-on I wish she would come here and counter the points made and have the debate. It is a very interesting debate to have.

Ok so I was going to sit here and be the bigger person, and not reply to your nasty little post.. however I’ve had enough.

I don’t know who you are, because you’re so keen to hide behind your keyboard and username BUT I can categorically tell you I’ve never met you. The only person I’ve even had a disagreement with at football was an older man who thought it was ok to shout homophobic abuse at Chris Gunter. So if that was you I completely stand by my decision. It’s disgusting. Also why the hell should I have to come on here and defend myself and debate with you about who I am as a person.

You can sit on here and call me abysmal and awful even an attention seeker, but the difference between you and I is that I go out with people I actually know in real life and enjoy things instead of sitting on a forum being unbelievably rude about someone I’ve never met.

Many people dislike the idea of the south stand and that’s ok, it’s not going to be for everyone. It wasn’t my idea it was another fan who made contact with the club who are of course backing it. We did not name ourselves the ‘south bank’. We were asked by the club when approached not to put anything on social media so we didn’t. That doesn’t make us entitled, or have an attitude that we’re better than you or ‘real fans’. Our intention is to bring the fan base together which quite frankly right now you’re making harder. Don’t sit there and think that yet again you can make up a story in your head of something that happened and put it on a post as gospel.

In terms of attention seeking - I have a big personality which a lot of people don’t like and I’m ok with that. If that’s how I come across to you then that’s your opinion. My account is private because of my job.. instead of sitting on here completely dragging a person through the mud how about you unfollow me? Or even better come out tell me who you are and I’ll make it so you don’t. The idea that you’re hiding being your username is creepy. I don’t appreciate being ‘watched’ so to speak and then bitched about behind my back by a grown adult, I also don’t appreciate being made to feel like a piece of meat...

So how about you stop talking about me and get on with your own life. I won’t be replying to this post and if I see my name on here again I won’t hesitate to take it further.

I will keep it brief as you have said you will not reply.

1. Whoever was doing the homophobic abuse deserved all they got and I would applaud you for that. I am a confirmed Chris Gunter fan and very liberal in life. I wouldn't tolerate it either if I heard that sort of thing.

2. You've just said it is my opinion and more or less just said I am entitled to say it. You do seek attention in my opinion, you disagree. Not much more to be said on that.

3. I didn't comment on your personal appearance or link anyone to your Twitter page, that was somebody else. I probably shouldn't have mentioned your name at all so I apologise for that.

4. Nobody is watching you. You are putting Tweets out in a public domain and therefore you will be judged on what you say.

5. I follow many Reading supporters who I disagree with, I like to debate Reading and football in general. I am sure we would have many shared views as well as disagreements. For me your issue is you don't like it when people don't agree with you and overreact. Why would I unfollow someone because I disagree with them?

6. The guy who is directly organising the South Stand thing called it "The South Bank". I don't think that is something that is acceptable. If you are going to do the South Stand thing then I of course cannot stop you just don't insult the people who stood in 3 feet of piss on the original South Bank.

7. Thanks for joining up and making your point. You should stay.

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 12 Apr 2018 12:37

Pip.12 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:

that went well

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Apr 2018 13:07

OMA we get it you don’t like the idea - what’s the agenda here? To convince everyone else how shit it is.

Mate no one cares how much you care about something.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Apr 2018 13:08

Theroyalbox wrote:that went well

:lol: :lol:

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 13:10

CountryRoyal wrote:OMA we get it you don’t like the idea - what’s the agenda here? To convince everyone else how shit it is.

There isn't one. It's a message board, this is a topic about the South Stand initiative. Pretty sure it is the place to discuss it.

Do one.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Apr 2018 13:11

Is Old Man Andrews a known previous poster goes by various names?

Singing section, fab idea, won’t be for me, but applaud you and hope it takes off and numbers grow. Well done to all those involved.

Often the haters are the unoriginal or jealous one.

Good luck.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Apr 2018 13:16

Old Man Andrews wrote:6. The guy who is directly organising the South Stand thing called it "The South Bank". I don't think that is something that is acceptable. If you are going to do the South Stand thing then I of course cannot stop you just don't insult the people who stood in 3 feet of piss on the original South Bank.

I think for the mere fact this needed to be explained is clear evidence that these aren't supporters of the club.

My advice is to fold your poorly constructed sub-faction, stop breaking ground regulations and cease with this charade altogether.

They've got to go.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Apr 2018 13:17

Old Man Andrews wrote:
CountryRoyal wrote:OMA we get it you don’t like the idea - what’s the agenda here? To convince everyone else how shit it is.

There isn't one. It's a message board, this is a topic about the South Stand initiative. Pretty sure it is the place to discuss it.

Do one.

But it’s not really a constructive discussion, it’s just a back and forth about how much of a knob you’re being.

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 12 Apr 2018 13:38

I’m definitely enjoying OMA’s attempts to rationalise insulting someone by calling them abysmal and awful when they are doing something that hurts noone whatsoever.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Apr 2018 13:43

paultheroyal wrote:Is Old Man Andrews a known previous poster goes by various names?
Yes, many usernames - His last one was Middle Aged Man Andrews.

278 posts