South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 18:15

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Forbury Lion wrote:
Youhaveabigego wrote:I think the stuff they’re doing with the south stand is a great idea. It’s okay not to like it but it’s also okay to like it, everyone is allowed an opinion on it but what’s not okay is saying stuff like ‘you’re looking to get in the pants of women behind the campaign’.

You’re wrong. I can imagine the Group of supporters that arranged his went forward with great initiative to improve what has been a very quiet atmosphere all season. You moan about the atmosphere all season, you get people trying to improve it and you still moan?

OMA you can NOT specifically call people out and comment on their physical appearance, what gives you the right to say that? There were what looks like a few female kids in that southstand, and you’re making inappropriate comments about getting into the females knickers? Clearly you’re a sick individual who get your kicks from being vile to people. If you don’t like pippa don’t follow her, or is that also a sick kick you get aswell? Following people you can’t stand? If she angers you so much why don’t you block her? Even better why don’t you tell her in person at the game on Saturday so she actually can shout at you like you claimed happened.?

No one cares if you like the southstand idea or not- speak your mind about it, but do not make shitty comments towards people. Also ‘—#meetoo’ ..yeah you are clearly a sexist mate if you had to point out the difference between men and women attending. So go read a book and educate yourself- you clearly need it.
I agree with what your saying and I confirm those things were said, but I believe other contributors to the now deleted thread may have said them rather than OMA him/herself. From what I recall he didn't comment on physical appearance and he says he didn't make the comment about getting into someone's pants, That isn't excusing him for what he did say.
The screenshots still exist on Twitter so maybe worth checking as I maybe mistaken & maybe he did say those things.

I did say that the men who are constantly defending her and joining in with this initiative would like to get in her pants yes. That is a slight on the guys not her.

Come on, the White Knighting is HUGE here. She came in here and defended her position perfectly well by herself.

In my response to her post earlier I apologised for the only thing I did wrong which was name her in the first place.

That's the last I'll say on it by the way. If people are losing their sh*t away from the boards then I'm not going to bring the board into disrepute on social media etc. I said what I needed to say, apologised for the wrong doing so as far as I'm concerned matter closed.

Probably best to close this thread and start a new one regarding the South Stand initiative that I'll agree to not post in. This thread has been taken over by the row.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 12 Apr 2018 19:09

Got to love this image. Foooorward and let's steam on. For what it's worth, the atmosphere in the South Stand for the 2nd leg play off game against Foolem last season was blinding. Had reservations when booking the tics but ended up pretty much next door to their finest and it turned out to be a right crack. Bring it on. So, even though this idea is still in its infancy, if it helps to encourage an atmosphere that the players thrive on, then why not? From little acorns and all that :wink:

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 12 Apr 2018 19:45

Blimey. Some of you would pick a fight with yourselves trying to decide which side of bed to get out of in the morning.

Simple facts are:
1) Many fans think the Mad House has been much like a library since inception and yearn for the old 'under floodlights on the SB at EP' atmosphere
2) This season has been particularly dire
3) Some fans took the initiative to create a 'movement' that can't possibly 'hurt' anyone and, by all accounts, kept up the noise all match and had a laugh doing it.
4) A few gimps decide that it's not 'right' for whatever bizarre reason. (Sit in the north end of the Upper West then.)

Kin L. Really.

FTR, I'd be straight into the south stand if I had the option (but they should ditch the megaphone - that just seems a bit like trying too hard.)

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 12 Apr 2018 19:50

La Flama Blanca wrote:I think it's a good idea so long as they don't just start copying European Ultras with the megaphone nonsense, huge flags getting waved about and co-ordinated clapping to the same tunes as everyone else.Just good vocal support for 90 minutes is all that's needed.

Exactly this. I hate the Palace/Celtic Ultra scene. It's happy clappy cheer leading at its worse.

Support should be spontaneous in the tradition 'Casual' sense. The football causal is being lost on newer supporters and slowly replaced by Flag waving shirters.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 12 Apr 2018 20:08

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Forbury Lion wrote:
Youhaveabigego wrote:I think the stuff they’re doing with the south stand is a great idea. It’s okay not to like it but it’s also okay to like it, everyone is allowed an opinion on it but what’s not okay is saying stuff like ‘you’re looking to get in the pants of women behind the campaign’.

You’re wrong. I can imagine the Group of supporters that arranged his went forward with great initiative to improve what has been a very quiet atmosphere all season. You moan about the atmosphere all season, you get people trying to improve it and you still moan?

OMA you can NOT specifically call people out and comment on their physical appearance, what gives you the right to say that? There were what looks like a few female kids in that southstand, and you’re making inappropriate comments about getting into the females knickers? Clearly you’re a sick individual who get your kicks from being vile to people. If you don’t like pippa don’t follow her, or is that also a sick kick you get aswell? Following people you can’t stand? If she angers you so much why don’t you block her? Even better why don’t you tell her in person at the game on Saturday so she actually can shout at you like you claimed happened.?

No one cares if you like the southstand idea or not- speak your mind about it, but do not make shitty comments towards people. Also ‘—#meetoo’ ..yeah you are clearly a sexist mate if you had to point out the difference between men and women attending. So go read a book and educate yourself- you clearly need it.
I agree with what your saying and I confirm those things were said, but I believe other contributors to the now deleted thread may have said them rather than OMA him/herself. From what I recall he didn't comment on physical appearance and he says he didn't make the comment about getting into someone's pants, That isn't excusing him for what he did say.
The screenshots still exist on Twitter so maybe worth checking as I maybe mistaken & maybe he did say those things.

I did say that the men who are constantly defending her and joining in with this initiative would like to get in her pants yes. That is a slight on the guys not her.

Come on, the White Knighting is HUGE here. She came in here and defended her position perfectly well by herself.

In my response to her post earlier I apologised for the only thing I did wrong which was name her in the first place.

I wholeheartedly agree with OMA.

These guys are blatantly not looking to improve the atmosphere... They've obviously created this whole group to pretend they want to improve the atmosphere to get all the girls dripping wet :roll:

They then proceed to take this initiative into Sunderland, Ipswich and next season just so they can get their dicks wet.

Spot on OMA.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 12 Apr 2018 20:59

Good luck to the south standers, but please lose the megaphone.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 12 Apr 2018 21:12

Ok, outing myself here. I'm one of the protagonists of this group. Far from the main one, but one of the original half dozen or so who discussed the idea. And I'm in there on Saturday, hopefully with around 150 others. You won't see me in any of the PNE photos because I wasn't there despite wanting to be, instead I'd already booked flights to Munich for that day and was slumming it with the old man.

Let's be brutally honest, people can't be happy with the way things were going at RFC, with crowds displaying less life than a cemetery and performances utterly uninspiring. The half dozen of us who kicked this all off weren't happy so we decided to do something about it. We were sick to the back teeth of turning up, watching football, and going home. We want to offer more, and bearing in mind we all sit in different areas of the ground, we also feel there are many people looking to get behind the team but not feeling able to do so for fear of lack of "backing" from others, so we decided to try to give them somewhere they could potentially do just that.

It has to be stressed that this is entirely fan-led. The club aren't coming up with any of the ideas with this, they're simply supporting in any way they can, and that also means that they are willing to consider only having 2.3k away supporters - their attitude is very much RFC first. The idea was that it grew organically, with the first happenings for PNE not advertised so as to make people talk, we had the publicity we desired first time around and have started to spread the message and now it's time to build a contingent if we can.

We're not daft enough the think everybody's going to love it, particularly with such small numbers to begin with. Even with larger numbers it won't be everybody's cup of tea, that's personal choice and nobody within this group is going to criticise that but whatever happens we'll be doing everything we can to make sure it's here to stay in order to provide a more positive and vibrant atmosphere that other areas of the stadium will hopefully feed off. Yes, that includes Y24/25/26 who haven't done the job for ages now, so it's time to try something different.

Lastly, just a quick word on the "attention-seeking" element. The thing to remember is the group is predominantly youthful, enthusiastic, social media-engaged supporters who didn't necessarily want to sit in the Y25 area but who wanted to get involved. It was always going to take a group who didn't give a f**k because the contingent was so small first time around and yes, I'd agree to an extent it looks a little inadequate, but the larger the group becomes the better and noisier it becomes. All I'd say is support what we're trying to do even if you don't want to get involved. You have to start from somewhere...

Royality creeps In

by Royality creeps In » 12 Apr 2018 21:26

All I will say is fair play to you lot coming up with an initiative to get some atmosphere going.
The numpties on here criticising are either wind up merchants ( attention seeking trolls)
Or
Miserable old gits with no lives.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 12 Apr 2018 21:28

Para Handy
Hob Nob Regular

by Para Handy » 12 Apr 2018 21:39

Actual lolz at people getting wound up over this. Especially the comments about they think they're better fans than you. Really? All I see is a group of fans trying something different. I suggest if you're struggling with that then the issue is probably with you, not them. It's especially crazy people taking issue with the South Bank name. Honestly, who gives a shit what they're called. (I realise they didn't choose this moniker themselves). It's not for me but good luck to them.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular

by Zip » 12 Apr 2018 22:20

handbags_harris wrote:Ok, outing myself here. I'm one of the protagonists of this group. Far from the main one, but one of the original half dozen or so who discussed the idea. And I'm in there on Saturday, hopefully with around 150 others. You won't see me in any of the PNE photos because I wasn't there despite wanting to be, instead I'd already booked flights to Munich for that day and was slumming it with the old man.

Let's be brutally honest, people can't be happy with the way things were going at RFC, with crowds displaying less life than a cemetery and performances utterly uninspiring. The half dozen of us who kicked this all off weren't happy so we decided to do something about it. We were sick to the back teeth of turning up, watching football, and going home. We want to offer more, and bearing in mind we all sit in different areas of the ground, we also feel there are many people looking to get behind the team but not feeling able to do so for fear of lack of "backing" from others, so we decided to try to give them somewhere they could potentially do just that.

It has to be stressed that this is entirely fan-led. The club aren't coming up with any of the ideas with this, they're simply supporting in any way they can, and that also means that they are willing to consider only having 2.3k away supporters - their attitude is very much RFC first. The idea was that it grew organically, with the first happenings for PNE not advertised so as to make people talk, we had the publicity we desired first time around and have started to spread the message and now it's time to build a contingent if we can.

We're not daft enough the think everybody's going to love it, particularly with such small numbers to begin with. Even with larger numbers it won't be everybody's cup of tea, that's personal choice and nobody within this group is going to criticise that but whatever happens we'll be doing everything we can to make sure it's here to stay in order to provide a more positive and vibrant atmosphere that other areas of the stadium will hopefully feed off. Yes, that includes Y24/25/26 who haven't done the job for ages now, so it's time to try something different.

Lastly, just a quick word on the "attention-seeking" element. The thing to remember is the group is predominantly youthful, enthusiastic, social media-engaged supporters who didn't necessarily want to sit in the Y25 area but who wanted to get involved. It was always going to take a group who didn't give a f**k because the contingent was so small first time around and yes, I'd agree to an extent it looks a little inadequate, but the larger the group becomes the better and noisier it becomes. All I'd say is support what we're trying to do even if you don't want to get involved. You have to start from somewhere...

Good luck with it. You will have the backing of the vast majority of us I reckon. Very interesting that the club are willing to take a financial hit by only allowing 2300 away fans. I wonder how many Sunderland would have brought otherwise.

I hope what you do takes off and look forward to Saturday especially as Sunderland should fill out the rest of the South Stand.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 13 Apr 2018 01:16

Well, I for one thoroughly enjoyed that. Couldn't sleep tonight so that has given be great bed time reading. Never before have I read all 5 pages of a single thread, but that was better than Jeremy Kyle.

I am just a bit confused (and, I promise, not trying to fan the flames).

What is the problem with them calling themselves the South Bank? Isn't harking back to Elm Park a good thing? I really don't mean this as an offensive thing, I just quite liked the symbolism..... the South Bank I knew as a nipper was one of camaraderie, singing, banter. I was scared I might be knocked over or squashed, but never scared I would be laughed at, ridiculed or not welcomed.....

If I have said something wrong here, I apologise, but history has the word story in it for a reason. It tells of the past and commemorates. A nod to that past can only, in my very humble opinion, be a good thing.

Good luck to them, good luck to you, whichever side of Jeremy's stage, or the Mad Stad you sit on. I'll sit in the North with my kiddies. We'll be doing rhythmic clapping and squeaking "Reading" at our end so I look forward to hearing you all, wherever you shall be!

All in all, the ONLY important thing is another scrappy 1-0, so let's all try to do our bit.

Coppells Lost Coat

by Coppells Lost Coat » 13 Apr 2018 08:42

As I have said earlier, the idea is great. I cant see it as a permanent thing. However, if it jump starts the life back into the rest of the stadium then great. I feel that people are scared to be vocal and make noise, but maybe it can spur on others that it really doesn't matter. I remember it being more of a fun competition with other stands who was the loudest.

What i didn't like was the mega phone and social media aspects, but thats just my opinion.

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 13 Apr 2018 08:58

handbags_harris wrote:Ok, outing myself here. I'm one of the protagonists of this group. Far from the main one, but one of the original half dozen or so who discussed the idea. And I'm in there on Saturday, hopefully with around 150 others. You won't see me in any of the PNE photos because I wasn't there despite wanting to be, instead I'd already booked flights to Munich for that day and was slumming it with the old man.

Hi Handbags, congrats to you and the other guys for getting this going, and there is no sarcasm here it really is a great initiative, may be a bit of a long shot but would it be worth talking to your contact at the club to see if there is a chance you could swap sides with the away fans if this is a long term thing, I think this would help building your followers.

I know for me personally I love a good atmosphere but I wouldn't be willing to give up my seat in Y25 ive sat in for years but good liuck though and I hope you have good numbers for sat!

jar95

by jar95 » 13 Apr 2018 10:27

Theroyalbox wrote:

Hi Handbags, congrats to you and the other guys for getting this going, and there is no sarcasm here it really is a great initiative, may be a bit of a long shot but would it be worth talking to your contact at the club to see if there is a chance you could swap sides with the away fans if this is a long term thing, I think this would help building your followers.

I know for me personally I love a good atmosphere but I wouldn't be willing to give up my seat in Y25 ive sat in for years but good liuck though and I hope you have good numbers for sat!

I believe this is the idea. If this catches on properly, to swap the away fans and have the east stand continuing round to behind (half) the goal

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Apr 2018 10:32

Old Man Andrews wrote:In my response to her post earlier I apologised for the only thing I did wrong which was name her in the first place.
You know how the internet works, things don't just go away as long as you keep taking the bait.

Best thing you can do is to move on from this - You have apologised, assuming you don't plan to do it again it's probably best to let this thread be and wait for it to disappear off the bottom of the page into oblivion.

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 13 Apr 2018 10:37

jar95 wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:

I believe this is the idea. If this catches on properly, to swap the away fans and have the east stand continuing round to behind (half) the goal

in that case this has a great chance of picking up legs as long as enough people go into the south good luck guys!

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 13 Apr 2018 13:11

Para Handy wrote:Actual lolz at people getting wound up over this. Especially the comments about they think they're better fans than you. Really? All I see is a group of fans trying something different. I suggest if you're struggling with that then the issue is probably with you, not them. It's especially crazy people taking issue with the South Bank name. Honestly, who gives a shit what they're called. (I realise they didn't choose this moniker themselves). It's not for me but good luck to them.

+1.

It’s clear that OMA feels his time getting piss wet feet on the South Bank watching us when we were crap was a real badge of honour and the memory of that sacrifice shouldn’t be sullied by this modern day re-telling.

You watched some less than great football in less than salubrious surroundings. You didn’t serve in the Falklands war, ffs.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Apr 2018 13:21

It's absolutely terrible. Maybe do it outside the ground for the remaining games this season so we don't have to be embarrassed by you.

A megaphone! Honestly...

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 13 Apr 2018 13:41

Shit. There was a megaphone? :shock:

278 posts