South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by paultheroyal » 18 Apr 2018 11:22

Sutekh wrote:
John Smith wrote:
double d wrote:
I agree, good luck to them

I don't agree - they are isolated from the rest of the crowd in that part of the stadium. If their actual interest is to improve the atmosphere then surely do it next to the rest of the crowd so we can all join in. They're just a bunch of losers craving attention trying to become 'celebrities' amongst their peers. At least Pompey bellman sits in the rest of the crowd.

They've got to go.

A new initiative like this requires the space to put them together, can't really do that by squeezing them into an existing area packed full of people who may or may not want to be part of the initiative.

Wonder what the next steps will be, I presume if it's a success that the Western side of the South stand will remain in use for them next season, only with season tickets being available. Then you have the question of perhaps moving the away support (and doing away with that damn gate).

Of course, just waiting now for some "do gooder" to report the club for allowing fans to stand...

That gate literally adds half hour onto my journey home after each game.

As for the singers - great initiative, keep going.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 18 Apr 2018 14:49

The players certainly approve. Liam Moore has paid for coach travel for the original 50 to Sheffield Wednesday

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/a ... ch-travel/

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Apr 2018 14:54

muirinho wrote:The players certainly approve. Liam Moore has paid for coach travel for the original 50 to Sheffield Wednesday

Not that I'd ever suggest this personally but it could be suggested by others that a lot of the people in the group only took part to get special attention like this. They wanted to be made to feel special and look like real fans in front of the players. Others could suggest this group are complete attention seekers who have now won their battle to be noticed. Others would say "well done, you have to travel on a coach to Sheffield you really showed us".

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Apr 2018 14:59

Old Man Andrews wrote:
muirinho wrote:The players certainly approve. Liam Moore has paid for coach travel for the original 50 to Sheffield Wednesday

Not that I'd ever suggest this personally but it could be suggested by others that a lot of the people in the group only took part to get special attention like this. They wanted to be made to feel special and look like real fans in front of the players. Others could suggest this group are complete attention seekers who have now won their battle to be noticed. Others would say "well done, you have to travel on a coach to Sheffield you really showed us".

Which one of them hurt you?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Apr 2018 15:00

Pepe the Horseman wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

What do you mean? I am in league with the group now as explained if you bother to read this thread properly. Try it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Apr 2018 15:03

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Pepe the Horseman wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

What do you mean? I am in league with the group now as explained if you bother to read this thread properly. Try it.

:P

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 18 Apr 2018 15:24

Old Man Andrews wrote:

It must be exhausting seeing the worst in everything.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Apr 2018 15:33

genome wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Others do yes perhaps you're right. Like I have said previously I have spoken to someone behind all this so I am no longer in opposition. I am talking about the perception of other supporters who may have gone to the majority of away matches and have been overlooked as if they are nothing and the home supporters who go to every game who now are told they don't matter just because they don't jump around with megaphones and like to enjoy their football in other ways.

Others may think that but I do not.

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 18 Apr 2018 15:34

:lol:

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 18 Apr 2018 15:39

Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Others do yes perhaps you're right. Like I have said previously I have spoken to someone behind all this so I am no longer in opposition. I am talking about the perception of other supporters who may have gone to the majority of away matches and have been overlooked as if they are nothing and the home supporters who go to every game who now are told they don't matter just because they don't jump around with megaphones and like to enjoy their football in other ways.

jar95

by jar95 » 18 Apr 2018 15:41

Old Man Andrews wrote:

Absolute BS. Being part of the group and can whole hardheartedly say that nobody is in this for attention or too be noticed. We have the chance to improve atmosphere, and in turn hopefully improve the results.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Apr 2018 15:42

genome wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:

Thankfully my home office PC blocks out GIF's. I will have to use my imagination. I am imagining loads and loads of GRASS.

Am I right?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Apr 2018 15:43

jar95 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Absolute BS. Being part of the group and can whole hardheartedly say that nobody is in this for attention or too be noticed. We have the chance to improve atmosphere, and in turn hopefully improve the results.

Exactly, I understand this now after speaking to a couple of people behind it. Nice chaps.

You know what some of the Reading supporters are like though. Any excuse to be bitter and they will take it.

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 18 Apr 2018 15:58

scannersheadexplosion.jif

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular

by windermereROYAL » 18 Apr 2018 19:13

As a matter of interest how is the south stand concourse divided so home and away fans don't mix?

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 18 Apr 2018 19:50

Old Man Andrews wrote:

Dear oh dear. How old are you?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Apr 2018 19:51

Haag Royal wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

What's my age got to do with how certain supporters might react to Liam Moore's gesture of good will?

Grow up or go away.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular

by Zip » 18 Apr 2018 20:03

Old Man Andrews wrote:
jd82 wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:
No. The club leading this initiative would have seen it flop in the first place. Not because the club wouldn't know what their doing, but because supporters don't like being told what to do by their club.

You, OMA and JS, a majority does not make.

There was actually a lot of ridicule for this on social media. I nearly feel bad for the organisers of the South Stand thing. It's not nice when you try really hard to make something work and it just doesn't.

I suspect the vast majority are perfectly happy with what they are doing. It doesn’t affect your enjoyment of the game. Just ignore them. The rest of us will happily back them and hope this grows.

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 18 Apr 2018 20:07

windermereROYAL wrote:As a matter of interest how is the south stand concourse divided so home and away fans don't mix?

Presumably the same way they do it whenever they fully open up the South Stand to RFC supporters. Barrier I guess.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 18 Apr 2018 20:37

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

What's my age got to do with how certain supporters might react to Liam Moore's gesture of good will?

Grow up or go away.

Absolutely mate. Grow up. You are embarrassing yourself.

278 posts