South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Apr 2018 15:21

Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Hilarious that just like the Italians in a major conflict you change sides at Half time...

What is wrong with changing opinions?

Nothing at all but its a major shift in attitude compared to the bile you were previously spewing, hence the "hilarious" bit.

I spoke at length to one of the organisers. Sometimes in life you have to speak to people you do not necessarily agree with in order to understand their point of view.

Tilehurstsouthbank

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Apr 2018 15:24

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
What is wrong with changing opinions?

Nothing at all but its a major shift in attitude compared to the bile you were previously spewing, hence the "hilarious" bit.

I spoke at length to one of the organisers. Sometimes in life you have to speak to people you do not necessarily agree with in order to understand their point of view.

That's just super...

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 19 Apr 2018 16:54

He's trolling ffs

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

by John Smith » 19 Apr 2018 17:02

I've been informed they have their own Twitter handle. It's like an incurable disease that keeps spreading! Thank god the season is over soon!

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Apr 2018 19:58

genome wrote:He's trolling ffs

That's a very wild accusation. Hope you can back it up with facts.

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 19 Apr 2018 21:57

Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:He's trolling ffs

That's a very wild accusation. Hope you can back it up with facts.

Ok this is 999999999% Kes.

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 20 Apr 2018 09:43

I think its a bit of a dick move by Moore to just pay for there travel being honest

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Apr 2018 09:48

Theroyalbox wrote:I think its a bit of a dick move by Moore to just pay for there travel being honest

Why is that? Seems to me that he is just appreciating the 50 supporters who were so intergral in us getting a vital win. They were essentially the 12th man that day.

Royality creeps In

by Royality creeps In » 20 Apr 2018 09:54

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit sunshine :roll:

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 20 Apr 2018 09:55

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:I think its a bit of a dick move by Moore to just pay for there travel being honest

Why is that? Seems to me that he is just appreciating the 50 supporters who were so intergral in us getting a vital win. They were essentially the 12th man that day.

I know your being sarcastic, but I am glad you asked OMA. Why should they get free travel? why are they any different to people who have season tickets or have had for years? Just feel it creates a divide amongst the fans and if I was a loyal fan who had been to every home and away game this season, to find out people had got free travel for moving there seats I would be pretty p!ssed off.

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 20 Apr 2018 09:57

I'd be interested to hear someone in the groups opinion on it, whether given the choice would they reject it? did they think it would upset other fans?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Apr 2018 09:57

Royality creeps In wrote:Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit sunshine :roll:

You are correct my friend.

I will be offering my services to the South Standers for the Ipswich game by the way. If anyone is there come and say hi and we will have a chat.

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Apr 2018 10:08

Jeeeeeeeez - sensitive people on here. Everyone moans there is no connection between fans/players etc, Moore then decided to do something of his own back, that originally wasnt going to be even mention on social media, and gets slaughtered for it. If you were a player you'd think why the hell shall I?

Also, being part of the 50 that was invited, nobody said or thought we were entitled, it was a nice gesture. How else would he do it, cherry pick fans from each block?

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 20 Apr 2018 10:14

jar95 wrote:Jeeeeeeeez - sensitive people on here. Everyone moans there is no connection between fans/players etc, Moore then decided to do something of his own back, that originally wasnt going to be even mention on social media, and gets slaughtered for it. If you were a player you'd think why the hell shall I?

Also, being part of the 50 that was invited, nobody said or thought we were entitled, it was a nice gesture. How else would he do it, cherry pick fans from each block?

I think its fairly naïve of him to think people wouldn't be p!ssed off with it, hes been at reading long enough now to realise our fans are 85% mongoloids. Keeping it off social media would've been a better move I think, fair enough you guys deserve credit for what your doing hes provided it but feel like its rubbing it in other fans faces, who perhaps equally or deserve it more?

What are your thoughts on it if you were in Moores shoes, I am not criticizing you guys by the way just wanted to hear your opinions, did you think it would get a big/partly negative response?

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Apr 2018 10:21

Theroyalbox wrote:
jar95 wrote:Jeeeeeeeez - sensitive people on here. Everyone moans there is no connection between fans/players etc, Moore then decided to do something of his own back, that originally wasnt going to be even mention on social media, and gets slaughtered for it. If you were a player you'd think why the hell shall I?

I think its fairly naïve of him to think people wouldn't be p!ssed off with it, hes been at reading long enough now to realise our fans are 85% mongoloids. Keeping it off social media would've been a better move I think, fair enough you guys deserve credit for what your doing hes provided it but feel like its rubbing it in other fans faces, who perhaps equally or deserve it more?

What are your thoughts on it if you were in Moores shoes, I am not criticizing you guys by the way just wanted to hear your opinions, did you think it would get a big/partly negative response?

Oh I 100% agree that people would be piss*d off, but then they are the same people who moan the players don't care about the fans etc. What he has done should be applauded, and is a great step to forming a better 'relationship' with fans. Or that is how it should be looked at. For what it's worth, the people in the group are those that go to 99% away games, and equally some people do that who arent in the group. How else was he to decide who does / doesnt deserve it. I also would have kept it off social media.

Hard one as to what I would think if I was Moore, it hasnt even cost him a days wage, and I think all intentions were good, and still believe it should be applauded. At the end of the day, you can't please everyone, and from the outside it probably looks a great gesture.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Apr 2018 10:25

jar95 wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:

Oh I 100% agree that people would be piss*d off, but then they are the same people who moan the players don't care about the fans etc. What he has done should be applauded, and is a great step to forming a better 'relationship' with fans. Or that is how it should be looked at. For what it's worth, the people in the group are those that go to 99% away games, and equally some people do that who arent in the group. How else was he to decide who does / doesnt deserve it. I also would have kept it off social media.

Hard one as to what I would think if I was Moore, it hasnt even cost him a days wage, and I think all intentions were good, and still believe it should be applauded. At the end of the day, you can't please everyone, and from the outside it probably looks a great gesture.

The thing is there was nothing stopping another group doing something similar. If those remaining in Y25/26 are unhappy at being left out then why weren't the ones coming up with something to improve the atmosphere? The guys behind the initiative organised it all, liaised with the club and put it all into practice. Why shouldn't they be rewarded? If you put in the hard yards you've earnt it IMO.

Theroyalbox

by Theroyalbox » 20 Apr 2018 10:34

jar95 wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:

It is definitely a hard one, I think if it is being put on social media then Moore has to crack open his piggy bank even more and pay for all those who had tickets (on the coaches) travel but fair play to him I suppose hes doing what he thinks right, its clear as well from this that the players do appreciate and support your iniative and maybe it will encourage more people to join you? any idea of the numbers you may have for the Ipswich game yet?

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 20 Apr 2018 10:43

I think it a bad idea from him. Why should somebody who has had a st for 40 years and gone to every game pay for their own travel when these people have probably been fans since December 2005 and get free stuff? I think the hidden agenda is clear tbh

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Apr 2018 10:46

double d wrote:I think it a bad idea from him. Why should somebody who has had a st for 40 years and gone to every game pay for their own travel when these people have probably been fans since December 2005 and get free stuff? I think the hidden agenda is clear tbh

So you expect Moore to go through and pick and choose people? What is this 'hidden agenda'?

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Apr 2018 10:47

Theroyalbox wrote:
jar95 wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:

It is definitely a hard one, I think if it is being put on social media then Moore has to crack open his piggy bank even more and pay for all those who had tickets (on the coaches) travel but fair play to him I suppose hes doing what he thinks right, its clear as well from this that the players do appreciate and support your iniative and maybe it will encourage more people to join you? any idea of the numbers you may have for the Ipswich game yet?

Don't think you can expect that of Moore. Not sure on numbers, hopefully a fair few!

278 posts