South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
McDermolenko

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by McDermolenko » 15 Apr 2018 21:17

Haag Royal wrote:
McDermolenko wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:I don't get the problem with this. I think its a great initiative in a previously quiet area of the ground. Its not for everyone, I get that. It may be considered a bit geeky/gimpish. I get that as well. But some of the posts above are nonsense. For example:

My biggest gripe with this is also the fact that you now quite literally have the South Stand chanting one thing and Y25/Y26 another - that's your biggest gripe mate? Do you think it's like choir practice where everyone has a hymn sheet. Its a football match for goodness sake.

I think it's great. Why not? Love the idea to create a better atmosphere and can't wait to see it get more support, bigger, louder and better.

It’s not so much me thinking it should be reminiscent of choir practice, but instead that it’d make more sense for one chant to be in unison across the ground rather than a mixed mess of two/three as it currently is. This seems to be quite common in other grounds amongst home supporters so I don’t understand why it’s such a strange desire?

Well go on then. Call me naive but I will indulge you. How do you do this?

Well, one bunch starts a chant and the other joins in. Sorry if that concept is a bit too difficult to grasp. :|

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 15 Apr 2018 21:27

Pat Butchers Ring wrote:FAO the people behind this.
Choose any subject in the world and people will have different opinions, so don't worry about negative comments, at least you are having a go.

The main thing is you don't give up. If this lasts until the end of the season and doesn't start up again then we will NEVER change the amosphere in the ground.

I personally like watching football from Y26 so not going to change but keep going, show you are having a crack and people will join you.

Good luck to you.

I agree, good luck to them

Jagermesiter1871

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Apr 2018 21:45

I watched the game on ifollow and atmosphere sounded great, whether that be due to the south stand or not.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

by John Smith » 16 Apr 2018 09:03

double d wrote:
Choose any subject in the world and people will have different opinions, so don't worry about negative comments, at least you are having a go.

The main thing is you don't give up. If this lasts until the end of the season and doesn't start up again then we will NEVER change the amosphere in the ground.

I personally like watching football from Y26 so not going to change but keep going, show you are having a crack and people will join you.

Good luck to you.

I don't agree - they are isolated from the rest of the crowd in that part of the stadium. If their actual interest is to improve the atmosphere then surely do it next to the rest of the crowd so we can all join in. They're just a bunch of losers craving attention trying to become 'celebrities' amongst their peers. At least Pompey bellman sits in the rest of the crowd.

They've got to go.

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 16 Apr 2018 09:19

John Smith wrote:
double d wrote:

Good luck to you.

I don't agree - they are isolated from the rest of the crowd in that part of the stadium. If their actual interest is to improve the atmosphere then surely do it next to the rest of the crowd so we can all join in. They're just a bunch of losers craving attention trying to become 'celebrities' amongst their peers. At least Pompey bellman sits in the rest of the crowd.

They've got to go.

Why are you so mad? You have not actually said.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 16 Apr 2018 09:37

McDermolenko wrote:Would it not have made more sense for the club to have just come out and said 'right, this is the new designated singing stand'? The fact that this has had to come about through the supporters themselves seems to have left a bad taste in the majority of Reading fans mouths who instead of considering it a good idea seem to look at it as more of a stupid concept made by gimpish supporters?

No. The club leading this initiative would have seen it flop in the first place. Not because the club wouldn't know what their doing, but because supporters don't like being told what to do by their club.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 16 Apr 2018 09:42

WAZZOCK wrote:
McDermolenko wrote:Would it not have made more sense for the club to have just come out and said 'right, this is the new designated singing stand'? The fact that this has had to come about through the supporters themselves seems to have left a bad taste in the majority of Reading fans mouths who instead of considering it a good idea seem to look at it as more of a stupid concept made by gimpish supporters?

No. The club leading this initiative would have seen it flop in the first place. Not because the club wouldn't know what their doing, but because supporters don't like being told what to do by their club.

You, OMA and JS, a majority does not make.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Apr 2018 09:46

jd82 wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:

There was actually a lot of ridicule for this on social media. I nearly feel bad for the organisers of the South Stand thing. It's not nice when you try really hard to make something work and it just doesn't.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 16 Apr 2018 09:51

Old Man Andrews wrote:
jd82 wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:

There was actually a lot of ridicule for this on social media. I nearly feel bad for the organisers of the South Stand thing. It's not nice when you try really hard to make something work and it just doesn't.

:lol: - yeah, i'm sure you feel awful..

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 16 Apr 2018 10:01

Old Man Andrews wrote:
jd82 wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:

There was actually a lot of ridicule for t
Ihis on social media. I nearly feel bad for the organisers of the South Stand thing. It's not nice when you try really hard to make something work and it just doesn't.

I did not see any, I just saw positivity.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Apr 2018 10:03

jd82 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
jd82 wrote:

:lol: - yeah, i'm sure you feel awful..

I have spoken to one of the organisers first hand since last weeks incident, nice guy who has the best intentions. I do feel bad for him because he has had to put in a lot of effort and it now isn't likely to happen again after the Ipswich game.

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 16 Apr 2018 11:28

Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only Reading fans who find this embarrassing.

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 16 Apr 2018 11:29

genome wrote:Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only Reading fans who find this embarrassing.

Why though? I dont see them hurting anybody. It just seems weird.

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 16 Apr 2018 11:30

double d wrote:
genome wrote:Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Why though? I dont see them hurting anybody. It just seems weird.

I agree.

But then again, the internet is full of people who like to complain about stuff that does no harm to anyone.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Apr 2018 12:00

Yeah you're right. I would have expected like at least a "what the fcuking hell is that?" chant.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

by John Smith » 16 Apr 2018 12:02

double d wrote:Why are you so mad? You have not actually said.

They are isolating other fans and claiming it to benefit all. It's like an anti-movement within a religion

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 16 Apr 2018 12:12

John Smith wrote:
double d wrote:Why are you so mad? You have not actually said.

They are isolating other fans and claiming it to benefit all. It's like an anti-movement within a religion

No they are not. They are inviting everybody in and letting people join in.

Royality creeps In

by Royality creeps In » 16 Apr 2018 16:16

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only TWO Reading fans who find this embarrassing.

To be perfectly honest the two in question are just trolls who probably don't go to games anyway

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Apr 2018 16:19

Royality creeps In wrote:

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only TWO Reading fans who find this embarrassing.

To be perfectly honest the two in question are just trolls who probably don't go to games anyway

I feel very offended at this unfounded statement aimed my way. I do go to games, I was there on Saturday and I have been to plenty of others this season.

Cyber bullying again :roll:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

by Sutekh » 16 Apr 2018 17:24

John Smith wrote:
double d wrote:

Good luck to you.

They've got to go.

A new initiative like this requires the space to put them together, can't really do that by squeezing them into an existing area packed full of people who may or may not want to be part of the initiative.

Wonder what the next steps will be, I presume if it's a success that the Western side of the South stand will remain in use for them next season, only with season tickets being available. Then you have the question of perhaps moving the away support (and doing away with that damn gate).

Of course, just waiting now for some "do gooder" to report the club for allowing fans to stand...

278 posts