South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
User avatar
McDermolenko
Member
Posts: 80
Joined: 10 Dec 2015 23:20

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by McDermolenko » 15 Apr 2018 21:17

Haag Royal wrote:
McDermolenko wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:I don't get the problem with this. I think its a great initiative in a previously quiet area of the ground. Its not for everyone, I get that. It may be considered a bit geeky/gimpish. I get that as well. But some of the posts above are nonsense. For example:

My biggest gripe with this is also the fact that you now quite literally have the South Stand chanting one thing and Y25/Y26 another - that's your biggest gripe mate? Do you think it's like choir practice where everyone has a hymn sheet. Its a football match for goodness sake.

I think it's great. Why not? Love the idea to create a better atmosphere and can't wait to see it get more support, bigger, louder and better.


It’s not so much me thinking it should be reminiscent of choir practice, but instead that it’d make more sense for one chant to be in unison across the ground rather than a mixed mess of two/three as it currently is. This seems to be quite common in other grounds amongst home supporters so I don’t understand why it’s such a strange desire?


Well go on then. Call me naive but I will indulge you. How do you do this?


Well, one bunch starts a chant and the other joins in. Sorry if that concept is a bit too difficult to grasp. :|

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by double d » 15 Apr 2018 21:27

Pat Butchers Ring wrote:FAO the people behind this.
Choose any subject in the world and people will have different opinions, so don't worry about negative comments, at least you are having a go.

The main thing is you don't give up. If this lasts until the end of the season and doesn't start up again then we will NEVER change the amosphere in the ground.

I personally like watching football from Y26 so not going to change but keep going, show you are having a crack and people will join you.

Good luck to you.


I agree, good luck to them

Jagermesiter1871
Member
Posts: 809
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 01:59

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Apr 2018 21:45

I watched the game on ifollow and atmosphere sounded great, whether that be due to the south stand or not.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3074
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by John Smith » 16 Apr 2018 09:03

double d wrote:
Pat Butchers Ring wrote:FAO the people behind this.
Choose any subject in the world and people will have different opinions, so don't worry about negative comments, at least you are having a go.

The main thing is you don't give up. If this lasts until the end of the season and doesn't start up again then we will NEVER change the amosphere in the ground.

I personally like watching football from Y26 so not going to change but keep going, show you are having a crack and people will join you.

Good luck to you.


I agree, good luck to them

I don't agree - they are isolated from the rest of the crowd in that part of the stadium. If their actual interest is to improve the atmosphere then surely do it next to the rest of the crowd so we can all join in. They're just a bunch of losers craving attention trying to become 'celebrities' amongst their peers. At least Pompey bellman sits in the rest of the crowd.

They've got to go.

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by double d » 16 Apr 2018 09:19

John Smith wrote:
double d wrote:
Pat Butchers Ring wrote:FAO the people behind this.
Choose any subject in the world and people will have different opinions, so don't worry about negative comments, at least you are having a go.

The main thing is you don't give up. If this lasts until the end of the season and doesn't start up again then we will NEVER change the amosphere in the ground.

I personally like watching football from Y26 so not going to change but keep going, show you are having a crack and people will join you.

Good luck to you.


I agree, good luck to them

I don't agree - they are isolated from the rest of the crowd in that part of the stadium. If their actual interest is to improve the atmosphere then surely do it next to the rest of the crowd so we can all join in. They're just a bunch of losers craving attention trying to become 'celebrities' amongst their peers. At least Pompey bellman sits in the rest of the crowd.

They've got to go.


Why are you so mad? You have not actually said.


User avatar
WAZZOCK
Member
Posts: 736
Joined: 11 Apr 2006 23:09

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by WAZZOCK » 16 Apr 2018 09:37

McDermolenko wrote:Would it not have made more sense for the club to have just come out and said 'right, this is the new designated singing stand'? The fact that this has had to come about through the supporters themselves seems to have left a bad taste in the majority of Reading fans mouths who instead of considering it a good idea seem to look at it as more of a stupid concept made by gimpish supporters?


No. The club leading this initiative would have seen it flop in the first place. Not because the club wouldn't know what their doing, but because supporters don't like being told what to do by their club.

User avatar
jd82
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7942
Joined: 27 Jul 2006 18:59

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by jd82 » 16 Apr 2018 09:42

WAZZOCK wrote:
McDermolenko wrote:Would it not have made more sense for the club to have just come out and said 'right, this is the new designated singing stand'? The fact that this has had to come about through the supporters themselves seems to have left a bad taste in the majority of Reading fans mouths who instead of considering it a good idea seem to look at it as more of a stupid concept made by gimpish supporters?


No. The club leading this initiative would have seen it flop in the first place. Not because the club wouldn't know what their doing, but because supporters don't like being told what to do by their club.


You, OMA and JS, a majority does not make.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5773
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Apr 2018 09:46

jd82 wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:
McDermolenko wrote:Would it not have made more sense for the club to have just come out and said 'right, this is the new designated singing stand'? The fact that this has had to come about through the supporters themselves seems to have left a bad taste in the majority of Reading fans mouths who instead of considering it a good idea seem to look at it as more of a stupid concept made by gimpish supporters?


No. The club leading this initiative would have seen it flop in the first place. Not because the club wouldn't know what their doing, but because supporters don't like being told what to do by their club.


You, OMA and JS, a majority does not make.


There was actually a lot of ridicule for this on social media. I nearly feel bad for the organisers of the South Stand thing. It's not nice when you try really hard to make something work and it just doesn't.

User avatar
jd82
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7942
Joined: 27 Jul 2006 18:59

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by jd82 » 16 Apr 2018 09:51

Old Man Andrews wrote:
jd82 wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:
No. The club leading this initiative would have seen it flop in the first place. Not because the club wouldn't know what their doing, but because supporters don't like being told what to do by their club.


You, OMA and JS, a majority does not make.


There was actually a lot of ridicule for this on social media. I nearly feel bad for the organisers of the South Stand thing. It's not nice when you try really hard to make something work and it just doesn't.


:lol: - yeah, i'm sure you feel awful..


double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by double d » 16 Apr 2018 10:01

Old Man Andrews wrote:
jd82 wrote:
WAZZOCK wrote:
No. The club leading this initiative would have seen it flop in the first place. Not because the club wouldn't know what their doing, but because supporters don't like being told what to do by their club.


You, OMA and JS, a majority does not make.


There was actually a lot of ridicule for t
Ihis on social media. I nearly feel bad for the organisers of the South Stand thing. It's not nice when you try really hard to make something work and it just doesn't.


I did not see any, I just saw positivity.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5773
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Apr 2018 10:03

jd82 wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
jd82 wrote:
You, OMA and JS, a majority does not make.


There was actually a lot of ridicule for this on social media. I nearly feel bad for the organisers of the South Stand thing. It's not nice when you try really hard to make something work and it just doesn't.


:lol: - yeah, i'm sure you feel awful..


I have spoken to one of the organisers first hand since last weeks incident, nice guy who has the best intentions. I do feel bad for him because he has had to put in a lot of effort and it now isn't likely to happen again after the Ipswich game.

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20420
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by genome » 16 Apr 2018 11:28

Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only Reading fans who find this embarrassing.

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by double d » 16 Apr 2018 11:29

genome wrote:Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only Reading fans who find this embarrassing.


Why though? I dont see them hurting anybody. It just seems weird.


User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20420
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by genome » 16 Apr 2018 11:30

double d wrote:
genome wrote:Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only Reading fans who find this embarrassing.


Why though? I dont see them hurting anybody. It just seems weird.


I agree.

But then again, the internet is full of people who like to complain about stuff that does no harm to anyone.

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6089
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by CountryRoyal » 16 Apr 2018 12:00

genome wrote:Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only Reading fans who find this embarrassing.


Yeah you're right. I would have expected like at least a "what the fcuking hell is that?" chant.

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3074
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by John Smith » 16 Apr 2018 12:02

double d wrote:Why are you so mad? You have not actually said.

They are isolating other fans and claiming it to benefit all. It's like an anti-movement within a religion

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8138
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by double d » 16 Apr 2018 12:12

John Smith wrote:
double d wrote:Why are you so mad? You have not actually said.

They are isolating other fans and claiming it to benefit all. It's like an anti-movement within a religion


No they are not. They are inviting everybody in and letting people join in.

Royality creeps In
Member
Posts: 591
Joined: 18 May 2014 19:35

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Royality creeps In » 16 Apr 2018 16:16

genome wrote:Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only TWO Reading fans who find this embarrassing.


To be perfectly honest the two in question are just trolls who probably don't go to games anyway

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3074
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by John Smith » 16 Apr 2018 16:19

Royality creeps In wrote:
genome wrote:Have you noticed how there's been almost no piss-taking from opposition fans over this?

Usually if we do something utterly tinpot, the opposition fans are all over it like a fly on shit. Haven't seen anything. Seems like it's only TWO Reading fans who find this embarrassing.


To be perfectly honest the two in question are just trolls who probably don't go to games anyway

I feel very offended at this unfounded statement aimed my way. I do go to games, I was there on Saturday and I have been to plenty of others this season.

Cyber bullying again :roll:

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7516
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Sutekh » 16 Apr 2018 17:24

John Smith wrote:
double d wrote:
Pat Butchers Ring wrote:FAO the people behind this.
Choose any subject in the world and people will have different opinions, so don't worry about negative comments, at least you are having a go.

The main thing is you don't give up. If this lasts until the end of the season and doesn't start up again then we will NEVER change the amosphere in the ground.

I personally like watching football from Y26 so not going to change but keep going, show you are having a crack and people will join you.

Good luck to you.


I agree, good luck to them

I don't agree - they are isolated from the rest of the crowd in that part of the stadium. If their actual interest is to improve the atmosphere then surely do it next to the rest of the crowd so we can all join in. They're just a bunch of losers craving attention trying to become 'celebrities' amongst their peers. At least Pompey bellman sits in the rest of the crowd.

They've got to go.


A new initiative like this requires the space to put them together, can't really do that by squeezing them into an existing area packed full of people who may or may not want to be part of the initiative.

Wonder what the next steps will be, I presume if it's a success that the Western side of the South stand will remain in use for them next season, only with season tickets being available. Then you have the question of perhaps moving the away support (and doing away with that damn gate).

Of course, just waiting now for some "do gooder" to report the club for allowing fans to stand...

278 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tinpot Royal and 16 guests

It is currently 19 Dec 2018 18:01