South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by CountryRoyal » 12 Apr 2018 13:45

genome wrote:I’m definitely enjoying OMA’s attempts to rationalise insulting someone by calling them abysmal and awful when they are doing something that hurts noone whatsoever.

:lol: :lol:
I’m not sure what he necessarily has against this Pippa girl or whoever else is involved but it’s clearly affected him deeply. I’m just a bit perplexed as to what purpose he’s serving by telling the whole of HNA?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 13:45

genome wrote:I’m definitely enjoying OMA’s attempts to rationalise insulting someone by calling them abysmal and awful when they are doing something that hurts noone whatsoever.

Ok grass.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 13:47

CountryRoyal wrote:

:lol: :lol:
I’m not sure what he necessarily has against this Pippa girl or whoever else is involved but it’s clearly affected him deeply. I’m just a bit perplexed as to what purpose he’s serving by telling the whole of HNA?

Why are you mentioning her name? She asked us not to. Respect her wishes please.

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 12 Apr 2018 13:47

Old Man Andrews wrote:

Ok grass.

Ok, paranoid.

Youhaveabigego

by Youhaveabigego » 12 Apr 2018 14:25

I think the stuff they’re doing with the south stand is a great idea. It’s okay not to like it but it’s also okay to like it, everyone is allowed an opinion on it but what’s not okay is saying stuff like ‘you’re looking to get in the pants of women behind the campaign’.

You’re wrong. I can imagine the Group of supporters that arranged his went forward with great initiative to improve what has been a very quiet atmosphere all season. You moan about the atmosphere all season, you get people trying to improve it and you still moan?

OMA you can NOT specifically call people out and comment on their physical appearance, what gives you the right to say that? There were what looks like a few female kids in that southstand, and you’re making inappropriate comments about getting into the females knickers? Clearly you’re a sick individual who get your kicks from being vile to people. If you don’t like pippa don’t follow her, or is that also a sick kick you get aswell? Following people you can’t stand? If she angers you so much why don’t you block her? Even better why don’t you tell her in person at the game on Saturday so she actually can shout at you like you claimed happened.?

No one cares if you like the southstand idea or not- speak your mind about it, but do not make shitty comments towards people. Also ‘—#meetoo’ ..yeah you are clearly a sexist mate if you had to point out the difference between men and women attending. So go read a book and educate yourself- you clearly need it.

Lunar C

by Lunar C » 12 Apr 2018 14:31

I like the singers. Fair play to them for trying something a bit different. It does not hurt anybody and I do not know why people get so wound up by it.

Lunar C

by Lunar C » 12 Apr 2018 14:34

John Smith wrote:
PistolPete wrote:Anyone who criticises this needs to get a life

#powerpost

Hi, I've definitely got a life as I don't spend my matchday with a megaphone in a remote corner of the ground.

It's very embarrassing and the organisers need to go. Perhaps a perimeter ban from the stadium is most applicable.

:lol:

Can only go as far as B&Q

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 12 Apr 2018 14:53

Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Not at all I just think it is laughable that you/"someone else" would grass people up. They are free to join up here and debate, that is what a forum is for and why the majority are here.

Or, it’s a public forum and anyone can see what is posted in the Team forum?

A non-member has happened to stumble on to Hob Nob Anyone? to just come and have a look to see if someone is talking about them? No they have been tipped off and instead of joining up and fighting their corner they have moaned and whinged. It would have been great if one of the organisiers or lead people within their group came in and spoke about it and made their points. Who knows they could have changed my opinion, I am always willing to listen to differing views.

If the thread was there you'll see I was asked a couple of times about a female member of their group who I named and in my view made fair comment about based on my experience of her. I didn't post a link to her Twitter page or get involved with Double D when he was throwing questions out about her appearance, thats not necessary. Like I said yesterday, I have had a go at her in person so I am not saying anything on here I wouldn't say in real life. Rather than complaining and drumming up faux sympathy from her hangers-on I wish she would come here and counter the points made and have the debate. It is a very interesting debate to have.

I made a tongue in cheek comment which was jokey and was deleted as it was unfunny and small minded, obviously there are hundreds of them made everyday but if that person is offended then that was not cool, I did not actually view any profile or picture on social media (dont have it), know or care about anything who does what at games. It will not happen again. If they want to keep doing their thang, then so be it and good for them.

I would like an invite to the group to join for sunderland and I have joined twitter now so would like an invite to this group please

jar95

by jar95 » 12 Apr 2018 15:00

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This whole thing shows exactly why the south stand needed to happen. Yes it was done to improve atmosphere, but also to bring fans closer to each to each other, which in turn will improve the atmosphere. Some people on here (and generally) are so against change its scary. We're not asking for everybody to join us, or even like what we do but there is 100% no need to get personal.

P.S - will see OMA in the south next year, when he jumps on the bandwagon ;)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Apr 2018 15:06

If anyone dislikes this bunch of fans, for whatever reason, then you should still be supporting this as you win too because they are not sitting next to you in the East/West/North Stand.

I don't like the megaphone, that's all - to be fair, they didn't use it much and it wasn't actually needed, It just seems a bit fake.

I also know from speaking to a Madejski Stadium steward that they really hurt when someone grabs it and hits you over the head with it - they used to issue it to the newbie stewards as a sort of comforter, He said he soon learnt to leave it behind.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 12 Apr 2018 15:35

Youhaveabigego wrote:I think the stuff they’re doing with the south stand is a great idea. It’s okay not to like it but it’s also okay to like it, everyone is allowed an opinion on it but what’s not okay is saying stuff like ‘you’re looking to get in the pants of women behind the campaign’.

You’re wrong. I can imagine the Group of supporters that arranged his went forward with great initiative to improve what has been a very quiet atmosphere all season. You moan about the atmosphere all season, you get people trying to improve it and you still moan?

OMA you can NOT specifically call people out and comment on their physical appearance, what gives you the right to say that? There were what looks like a few female kids in that southstand, and you’re making inappropriate comments about getting into the females knickers? Clearly you’re a sick individual who get your kicks from being vile to people. If you don’t like pippa don’t follow her, or is that also a sick kick you get aswell? Following people you can’t stand? If she angers you so much why don’t you block her? Even better why don’t you tell her in person at the game on Saturday so she actually can shout at you like you claimed happened.?

No one cares if you like the southstand idea or not- speak your mind about it, but do not make shitty comments towards people. Also ‘—#meetoo’ ..yeah you are clearly a sexist mate if you had to point out the difference between men and women attending. So go read a book and educate yourself- you clearly need it.

This was a much better response it was just more thought out and eloquent

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 12 Apr 2018 15:41

Intense chat, one thing I have noticed, old man andrews has just put a cheeky lie in there;

'I have had a go at her in person so I am not saying anything on here I wouldn't say in real life. '

Which never happened based on the responses that followed.

Liar.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 12 Apr 2018 15:53

Youhaveabigego wrote:I think the stuff they’re doing with the south stand is a great idea. It’s okay not to like it but it’s also okay to like it, everyone is allowed an opinion on it but what’s not okay is saying stuff like ‘you’re looking to get in the pants of women behind the campaign’.

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 12 Apr 2018 16:12

The Reverend wrote:

Don't start that again

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Apr 2018 16:27

I agree with what your saying and I confirm those things were said, but I believe other contributors to the now deleted thread may have said them rather than OMA him/herself. From what I recall he didn't comment on physical appearance and he says he didn't make the comment about getting into someone's pants, That isn't excusing him for what he did say.
The screenshots still exist on Twitter so maybe worth checking as I maybe mistaken & maybe he did say those things.

Zip
Hob Nob Regular

by Zip » 12 Apr 2018 17:18

In summary. The atmosphere has been dismal inside the ground for most of the season. Some supporters who attend the games have shifted seats and were sitting in a part of the south Stand as a small group for the Preston game. They made a lot of noise and were praised by the players for their support. They intend to repeat this against Sunderland.
Some fans are unhappy about it.

I think it’s great. All power to them. I don’t care if they may be seen to be trying to make themselves out as super fans. I don’t know them so have no idea if this is so and I don’t care. Good luck to them and I hope this catches on.

massifheed

by massifheed » 12 Apr 2018 17:21

Zip wrote:...They made a lot of noise and were praised by the players for their support...
...Some fans are unhappy about it...

It seems a bizarre thing for a few people to get really worked up about.

I don't pretend to understand it.

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 12 Apr 2018 17:35

I think it's a good idea so long as they don't just start copying European Ultras with the megaphone nonsense, huge flags getting waved about and co-ordinated clapping to the same tunes as everyone else.Just good vocal support for 90 minutes is all that's needed.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 17:59

Stockport Royal wrote:Intense chat, one thing I have noticed, old man andrews has just put a cheeky lie in there;

'I have had a go at her in person so I am not saying anything on here I wouldn't say in real life. '

Which never happened based on the responses that followed.

Liar.

Yes it did.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Addict

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Apr 2018 18:03

Forbury Lion wrote:

I agree with what your saying and I confirm those things were said, but I believe other contributors to the now deleted thread may have said them rather than OMA him/herself. From what I recall he didn't comment on physical appearance and he says he didn't make the comment about getting into someone's pants, That isn't excusing him for what he did say.
The screenshots still exist on Twitter so maybe worth checking as I maybe mistaken & maybe he did say those things.

I did say that the men who are constantly defending her and joining in with this initiative would like to get in her pants yes. That is a slight on the guys not her.

Come on, the White Knighting is HUGE here. She came in here and defended her position perfectly well by herself.

In my response to her post earlier I apologised for the only thing I did wrong which was name her in the first place.

278 posts