South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
double d
Hob Nob Addict

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by double d » 18 Apr 2018 20:54

Haag Royal wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:
Dear oh dear. How old are you?

What's my age got to do with how certain supporters might react to Liam Moore's gesture of good will?

Grow up or go away.

Absolutely mate. Grow up. You are embarrassing yourself.

Think we have discovered Kes' other username!

*whiteknight.gif

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Apr 2018 21:01

Haag Royal wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:
Dear oh dear. How old are you?

What's my age got to do with how certain supporters might react to Liam Moore's gesture of good will?

Grow up or go away.

You're not very bright are you? I'm in favour of the South Stand stuff but others aren't. Try to grow up a bit and come back when you have something sensible to say.

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 18 Apr 2018 21:43

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Grow up or go away.

You're not very bright are you? I'm in favour of the South Stand stuff but others aren't. Try to grow up a bit and come back when you have something sensible to say.

But we all know you aren't in favour.

There has been one other person not in favour (John Smith) but we all know he is a massive troll.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Apr 2018 21:47

double d wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:

But we all know you aren't in favour.

There has been one other person not in favour (John Smith) but we all know he is a massive troll.

I'm in favour. If it's possible for you to read, please go back a couple of pages and have a look.

Not sure you're in a position to talk about trolls either to be honest.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular

by windermereROYAL » 19 Apr 2018 00:02

Anybody considering joining the group for the Ipswich game.

https://twitter.com/Club1871/status/986715535982383105

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Apr 2018 07:59

windermereROYAL wrote:Anybody considering joining the group for the Ipswich game.

Great to see this is back for the last game. Hopefully Liam can fund a flight to Cardiff for the final game of the season for the die hard South Stand folk.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 19 Apr 2018 08:04

Old Man Andrews wrote:
windermereROYAL wrote:Anybody considering joining the group for the Ipswich game.

Great to see this is back for the last game. Hopefully Liam can fund a flight to Cardiff for the final game of the season for the die hard South Stand folk.

Hello... you're doing it again aren't you. Embarrassing yourself. Nevermind. You're close to 1,000 posts so once there maybe you'll seek less attention.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Apr 2018 08:10

Haag Royal wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Hello... you're doing it again aren't you. Embarrassing yourself. Nevermind. You're close to 1,000 posts so once there maybe you'll seek less attention.

I can't win. I was dead against this South Stand thing at first and then I spoke to a couple of the people behind it and they changed my opinion, I am not the enemy here. People are allowed to change their minds surely?

Hopefully Liam can gave the South Standers the treat of a lifetime by flying them to Cardiff! I am sure all the supporters who have travelled to away games all season won't care a jot!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 19 Apr 2018 08:29

It's a sad indictment of where the club's fan base is that we have to have an organised positive atmosphere section.

Hound
Hob Nob Addict

by Hound » 19 Apr 2018 09:24

whether its a sad indictment or not, it seems to have worked to an extent. Players have noticed and liked it, and the people in the stand seem to be enjoying themselves. So no complaints from me

genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by genome » 19 Apr 2018 10:21

RG30 wrote:It's a sad indictment of where the club's fan base is that we have to have an organised positive atmosphere section.

Palace, Huddersfield, Real Madrid, a LOT of German clubs... all have organised atmosphere sections. Man Utd talked about having one. Other clubs try different things to improve the atmosphere... Fulham need clappers, etc.

It's not uncommon. Most home atmospheres are shite nowadays, we're not in a league of our own. The atmosphere was poor in the second half of Wolves vs Birmingham on Sunday, and they'd just got promoted ffs!

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 19 Apr 2018 10:52

Anyone against this and complaining about the Liam Moore gesture need to have a long hard look at themselves.

It is no secret that the atmosphere at the Mad Stad has never been great to say the least, now a fan group are actively taking it upon themselves to make it better after numerous failed attempts by the club which no one wanted (clappers / song sheets etc).

Atmosphere in the last two home games has been much improved - i did think the drum coming back also played a big part too.

So fair play to the fan group, fair play to Liam Moore and lets hope more fans get involved. If you don't like it, don't get involved, it isn't for everyone but it is making a positive difference to the atmosphere - FACT!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular

by windermereROYAL » 19 Apr 2018 11:22

hughsies no.1 wrote:Anyone against this and complaining about the Liam Moore gesture need to have a long hard look at themselves.

It is no secret that the atmosphere at the Mad Stad has never been great to say the least, now a fan group are actively taking it upon themselves to make it better after numerous failed attempts by the club which no one wanted (clappers / song sheets etc).

Atmosphere in the last two home games has been much improved - i did think the drum coming back also played a big part too.

So fair play to the fan group, fair play to Liam Moore and lets hope more fans get involved. If you don't like it, don't get involved, it isn't for everyone but it is making a positive difference to the atmosphere - FACT!

This absolutely, some guys could start an argument in a empty room.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Maneki Neko » 19 Apr 2018 13:32

RG30 wrote:It's a sad indictment of where the club's fan base is that we have to have an organised positive atmosphere section.

I'm conflicted, and cant decide whats worse, that or the majority of our fans being offended by people trying to generate any kind of atmosphere at all.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Maneki Neko » 19 Apr 2018 13:34

Hound wrote:whether its a sad indictment or not, it seems to have worked to an extent. Players have noticed and liked it, and the people in the stand seem to be enjoying themselves. So no complaints from me

agreed.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Apr 2018 13:36

Old Man Andrews wrote:
genome wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Not that I'd ever suggest this personally but it could be suggested by others that a lot of the people in the group only took part to get special attention like this. They wanted to be made to feel special and look like real fans in front of the players. Others could suggest this group are complete attention seekers who have now won their battle to be noticed. Others would say "well done, you have to travel on a coach to Sheffield you really showed us".

It must be exhausting seeing the worst in everything.

Others do yes perhaps you're right. Like I have said previously I have spoken to someone behind all this so I am no longer in opposition. I am talking about the perception of other supporters who may have gone to the majority of away matches and have been overlooked as if they are nothing and the home supporters who go to every game who now are told they don't matter just because they don't jump around with megaphones and like to enjoy their football in other ways.

Others may think that but I do not.

Your point here may have had more justification if the club hadn't already laid on free coach travel earlier in the season, coincidentally to Sheffield.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 19 Apr 2018 13:36

genome wrote:

Palace, Huddersfield, Real Madrid, a LOT of German clubs... all have organised atmosphere sections. Man Utd talked about having one. Other clubs try different things to improve the atmosphere... Fulham need clappers, etc.

It's not uncommon. Most home atmospheres are shite nowadays, we're not in a league of our own. The atmosphere was poor in the second half of Wolves vs Birmingham on Sunday, and they'd just got promoted ffs!

I hate to say it but O**ord and Al***shit have had groups such as this for years

http://www.yellowarmy.co.uk/tag/oxford-ultras/

Who really gives a f**k as long as we stay up

Tilehurstsouthbank

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Apr 2018 15:08

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Grow up or go away.

Hilarious that just like the Italians in a major conflict you change sides at Half time...

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Apr 2018 15:12

Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Haag Royal wrote:

Hilarious that just like the Italians in a major conflict you change sides at Half time...

What is wrong with changing opinions?

Tilehurstsouthbank

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Apr 2018 15:18

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Tilehurstsouthbank wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

What is wrong with changing opinions?

Nothing at all but its a major shift in attitude compared to the bile you were previously spewing, hence the "hilarious" bit.

278 posts